Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narcaz

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2013
We'll see if we get a video with iOS 8. But based on performance in other areas under iOS 9 I wouldn't hold my breath it's the apps fault.

Protube has also an Pip Mode and works just fine on the 5s with ios 9.1. And on the mini2 metal games are also performing reasonably well. So i doubt this particular stutter is apples fault. Blame them for the rest, but please blame also Google for not having an optimized app (still no official pip on the mini2).

thed0g

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2015
As I said, we'll see with further videos what's the situation. If you have any videos with iOS 9 being anything else, we're still waiting on that hero.

[edit] Asked my niece with 5S and 8.1.3 installed and she was horrified by the video. It's smooth on iOS 8.

Last edited:

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
As much as i'm annoyed by the Mini 2 animation performance, this looks more like a Google problem than anything else. They have a history of ignoring iOS standards for the sake of a unified look with Android. This should definitely be fixed.
Tapatalk,WhatsApp,Facebook all have scroll stutter.So many top developers it simply can't be e apps fault

CupertinoSlave

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Tampa, FL
Tapatalk,WhatsApp,Facebook all have scroll stutter.So many top developers it simply can't be e apps fault
Twitter is the worst for me on iOS 9. Constantly stutter while scrolling on my 6S. While my iPhone 5 on iOS 8.4.1 is scrolling through it at 60 fps not a single stutter. It boggles my mind how no one at Apple realizes what they did. And yes, my iPad Pro has the same frame drops in the same places as the iPhone 6S. I'm starting to think this is permanent since they haven't fixed it by now.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Twitter is the worst for me on iOS 9. Constantly stutter while scrolling on my 6S. While my iPhone 5 on iOS 8.4.1 is scrolling through it at 60 fps not a single stutter. It boggles my mind how no one at Apple realizes what they did. And yes, my iPad Pro has the same frame drops in the same places as the iPhone 6S. I'm starting to think this is permanent since they haven't fixed it by now.
Just curious the common element seems to be twitter; have you contacted twitter? Since every app that of that ilk would be laggy and clearly every app is not laggy.

CupertinoSlave

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Tampa, FL
Just curious the common element seems to be twitter; have you contacted twitter? Since every app that of that ilk would be laggy and clearly every app is not laggy.
If the same app runs fine on iOS 8, it's not the apps fault. Any app that uses scrolling isn't as smooth on iOS 9. And there have been multiple updates since then. They can't fix it, iOS 9 needs to fix it.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
If the same app runs fine on iOS 8, it's not the apps fault. Any app that uses scrolling isn't as smooth on iOS 9. And there have been multiple updates since then. They can't fix it, iOS 9 needs to fix it.
Okay, but still maybe twitter needs to update the app. It's not like there aren't any ios 9 upgrades to apps for various reasons.

thed0g

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2015
So you mean to tell me that Facebook,WhatsApp,Tapatalk,Twitter,Google Calendar dont know how to optimise for ios 9?
Indeed. And yet the same app versions run fine on iOS 8 at this very moment :D Please someone report this trolling to the mods.

Oh right, we don't do that childish stuff.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Maybe. I don't use any of the apps. Wife uses facebook and I've seen her use it. No seeming issues.
Its really funny how you just weasel out of every problem(even the lag ones) by stating "I dont use it" .I use all these features and apps and they were running 100% perfection on 8.4.1.My buddy with a GS6 uses Tapatalk and he could see scroll stutter which isnt that bad even on Android.It amazes me how you cant see the blatant stutter

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Its really funny how you just weasel out of every problem(even the lag ones) by stating "I dont use it" .I use all these features and apps and they were running 100% perfection on 8.4.1.My buddy with a GS6 uses Tapatalk and he could see scroll stutter which isnt that bad even on Android.It amazes me how you cant see the blatant stutter
Um it's really funny how everything you say about ios 9 just doesn't work for you. If it were all that bad we would all know know it. IOS 8 was far from perfection and maybe IOS 9 is for some people, but it's not as bad as all that. I think some people see thing's that aren't there, or would rather live with it, than dial it down.

Reactions: Jayderek

CupertinoSlave

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Tampa, FL
flickr is pretty bad on iOS 9 too. On Android its smooth. on iOS 8.4.1 its smooth as well

philipyoungg

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
Jakarta Capital Region
Right, for your device and the way you use your device. In the end the way it appears on the screen over the whole experience is what matters. If it were that bad and all that, we would all know it.

All of your point of view didn't add any weight, because:

1. You turn off animation on all of your devices.
2. You don't even use the app that have the problem.
3. You refuse to believe reality / the fact.

Funny how you think it's a waste of time uploading videos—while you have all the energy to reply comments everyday.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
See if those who don't see the lag blocked those who do see the lag and vice versa, maybe the forum could return to some kind of normality.

Both sides could chat among themselves without ever seeing the posts from one another.

This is all getting rather petty now.

HristoBorislavov

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2015
Finally my 6 Plus runs almost great.It seems like iOS 9.2 is going to be big speed improvement over 9.1.I am running 9.2 beta 4 and there is almost no lag and the device feels very fast compared to 9.1 !

thed0g

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2015
Finally my 6 Plus runs almost great.It seems like iOS 9.2 is going to be big speed improvement over 9.1.I am running 9.2 beta 4 and there is almost no lag and the device feels very fast compared to 9.1 !
Sadly we're not comparing against 9.1, but iOS 8.

If I hit your face and knock out couple teeth (update to iOS 9, 9.1), then the next time, I give you a slap on the cheek (9.2 beta), you'd also say "that's way better!" - instead of asking why you got hit in the first place anyway.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
All of your point of view didn't add any weight, because:

1. You turn off animation on all of your devices.
2. You don't even use the app that have the problem.
3. You refuse to believe reality / the fact.

Funny how you think it's a waste of time uploading videos—while you have all the energy to reply comments everyday.
This is not a court of law, this is a discussion forum....a finer point maybe your missed.:(

However, there's enough proof on all sides around the internet to get what you want. The reality is IOS 9 is overall better than IOS 8, maybe not in every nook and cranny and corner, but starting with safari which is my biggest use case.

Sonnto

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
The reality is IOS 9 is overall better than IOS 8, maybe not in every nook and cranny and corner, but starting with safari which is my biggest use case.

Sorry, I just follow this thread, but I couldn't just read past this comment. You're telling me your perception of better is reality? Bruh, I'll use your own argument against you.

"Right, for your device and the way you use your device. In the end the way it appears on the screen over the whole experience is what matters. If it were that bad and all that, we would all know it."

You just said yourself in that post that your opinion-based 'better' is based off of Safari improvements. Does it look like iOS 9 = Safari only? Others here are contributing on the lag and stutters on other apps you don't use and don't care about. Why do you even bother to chime in?

This is like someone talking how their coffee tastes bad because they think they added the wrong amount of sugar, cream or milk and you come in saying they're wrong because your burger tastes great.... What?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.