Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupertinoSlave

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Tampa, FL
This is not a court of law, this is a discussion forum....a finer point maybe your missed.:(

However, there's enough proof on all sides around the internet to get what you want. The reality is IOS 9 is overall better than IOS 8, maybe not in every nook and cranny and corner, but starting with safari which is my biggest use case.
Apparently the only thing you do on your iPhone is use safari. How can anyone take your opinion seriously?

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
Metal seems to be the Discoveryd for 2015.

Last year with Yosemite, Apple rewrote the whole DNS platform and got rid of mDNSresponder. People who updated to Yosemite complained about horrible WiFi performance and IP Address issues. The same show of arguing about "Oh, my WiFi is fine, I don't know what you're complaining about!!" went on over that.

But then Apple rolled back to the old DNS platform, mDNSresponder, because there were real issues and any potential benefits Discoveryd may have had didn't outweigh its crappiness.

The same thing is happening right now with this iOS 9 and Metal controversy.

Reactions: sanke1 and dk001

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
This is not a court of law, this is a discussion forum....a finer point maybe your missed.:(

However, there's enough proof on all sides around the internet to get what you want. The reality is IOS 9 is overall better than IOS 8, maybe not in every nook and cranny and corner, but starting with safari which is my biggest use case.
Why dont you just shut everyone up by showing us concrete proof where iOS 9 is faster than 8.You keep saying this when there is factual mathematical evidence to the contrary.There is no proof on "all sides" of the Internet that iOS 9 is faster than 8 in majority scenarios.XCode Instruments is factual evidence.Your assessment is just that,an opinion

Safari,Camera and Notes App are the only things faster in iOS 9 but I use my iPhone for a hella lot more than that and in the other 90% use cases iOS 9 lags

Reactions: oldmacs

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Why dont you just shut everyone up by showing us concrete proof where iOS 9 is faster than 8.You keep saying this when there is factual mathematical evidence to the contrary.There is no proof on "all sides" of the Internet that iOS 9 is faster than 8 in majority scenarios.XCode Instruments is factual evidence.Your assessment is just that,an opinion

Safari,Camera and Notes App are the only things faster in iOS 9 but I use my iPhone for a hella lot more than that and in the other 90% use cases iOS 9 lags
Will showing safari not crashing under iOS 9 do?

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Will showing safari not crashing under iOS 9 do?
So basically the only thing you are basing this upgrade on is "stability" and that too in a single app which could have easily been avoided by using a alternative browser.Hell,Firefox is smoother than Safari on iOS 9.Sorry but stability isnt the only thing which makes an update better.There are a LOT of other variables like performance,functionality,scrolling etc and iOS 9 is worse than 8.4.1 in those and unlike your stability problem I cannot solve these problem as there are no solutions available

Reactions: dk001 and sanke1

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Apparently the only thing you do on your iPhone is use safari. How can anyone take your opinion seriously?
As opposed to what makes it seem like the only thing various others use their device for is just consistently and constantly sliding their notification center and/or control center up and down randomly at different speeds?

Vexxx

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Fps can be measured but same fps can be experienced differently.

If one has good experience with lower fps of ios 9, good, but what is the point for arguing with ones who does not?

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Fps can be measured but same fps can be experienced differently.

If one has good experience with lower fps of ios 9, good, but what is the point for arguing with ones who does not?
If it's at 60fps and it drops to 50 you won't notice much difference but for the sensitive people like me I can see it,Besides it proves objectively that iOS 9 is slower than iOS 8.An undeniable fact

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So basically the only thing you are basing this upgrade on is "stability" and that too in a single app which could have easily been avoided by using a alternative browser.Hell,Firefox is smoother than Safari on iOS 9.Sorry but stability isnt the only thing which makes an update better.There are a LOT of other variables like performance,functionality,scrolling etc and iOS 9 is worse than 8.4.1 in those and unlike your stability problem I cannot solve these problem as there are no solutions available
Off topic, but out of curiosity, what happens to the spaces after punctuation?

Vexxx

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
If it's at 60fps and it drops to 50 you won't notice much difference but for the sensitive people like me I can see it,Besides it proves objectively that iOS 9 is slower than iOS 8.An undeniable fact
I understand and see this too. I have 6s plus and for example scrolling is worse than it was with 6 plus having ios 8.4.1.

As you said, slower ios 9 is a fact as it has been measured. So I wonder why people still come to argue when it is clear that they do not perceive/care about the slower fps.

sampai

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2015
Switzerland
I understand and see this too. I have 6s plus and for example scrolling is worse than it was with 6 plus having ios 8.4.1.

As you said, slower ios 9 is a fact as it has been measured. So I wonder why people still come to argue when it is clear that they do not perceive/care about the slower fps.
Trolling, boredom, trying to "win", ... pick one.

itsJoeClark

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2015
Hey guys I'm back.

iOS 9.2 is slightly better stutter/lag wise. But still pretty awful.

I just came to remind those who are right in seeing iOS go to **** have no hope in convincing these Apple apologists of that fact. They're too caught up in, well, I don't know? An obsession with Apple?

My personal plan is this: ride out iOS 9 and hope it gets better. When iOS 10 comes around I'll try the beta. If the stutters are still there I'm going to switch to Android, which is apparently surpassing iOS now in terms of smoothness and speed, something I thought would never happen if I'm completely honest, but, whatever.

Peaaacccceeeee

Last edited by a moderator:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
WHat do you mean?
In pretty much all of your posts whenever there is punctuation--a comma, a period, a question mark, etc.--there doesn't seem to any space after it and be next word. (As I mentioned, off topic, but a growing curiosity.)

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
Denial is a form of .... then why have the forum?

It's not denial. It's the same recycled, pedantic, nonsense from both sides although the "lag noticers" are far more vocal, aggressive, and argumentative than those who are content with their devices.

Yes, this is a forum. It's for discussion, and this topic has gone well beyond the point of "discussion".

I don't get involved in the lag debate anymore.

When iOS 9 launched it was poor, 9.1 made small improvements but 9.2 has seen my 6 and Air 2 run fantastically, so I feel no need to get involved now. If I do notice anything, I report it but I've also added a lot of people to the ignore list simply because I can't be bothered with their mundane arguments clogging up threads.

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
Hold down the home button for Siri.

Then slide up for Control Center while Siri is still active.

I'd say "noticing" the lag and frame drops is an understatement.

This is because of a layer of dynamic blurring over another layer of dynamic blurring. That's the same thing done with 3D Touch app shortcuts and the App Switcher. Coincidence?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Hold down the home button for Siri.

Then slide up for Control Center while Siri is still active.

I'd say "noticing" the lag and frame drops is an understatement.

This is because of a layer of dynamic blurring over another layer of dynamic blurring. That's the same thing done with 3D Touch app shortcuts and the App Switcher. Coincidence?
Got it. There's lag. Nailed it. My most common use case, scrolling up and down the control center while I'm barking orders to Siri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.