Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Oh don't even get me started on To Catch a Predator. That was the biggest load of crap that TV has ever seen. The purpose of that show was to turn parents in to paranoid Nazis that won't let their children use the internet without supervision. God I hate Chris Hanson and his stupid crap TV show. Thank God they stopped producing it.

/End Rant

Don

There are times I wonder if you can still dig through solid granite to dig any deeper. Apparently, it is very very possible.

joro

macrumors 68020
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia
Well that sucks but my first thought was doesn’t the door have a lock? It’s better to explain how the door “accidently” got locked rather than explaining a half-naked guy on the screen. :D

Sorry about the burns as well.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Thanks All.

Well, she managed to convince her parents, and they're fine with her talking to me, as long as there's no video.

Oh well, better than nothing, as she wasn't allowed to video before either :D

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
what about the fathers that dont want their son to be gay?

We take them hunting. Nothing like pointless killing of a defenseless animal to make a man out of you.:rolleyes:

If I ever have a daughter, I am going to protect her by setting no video chat rules and the like as well. As a guy I understand what guys think about when they see girls. Thus my own thoughts about when I was in high school will drive me to be a protective parent.

Plus parents rules are rules. When I lived at home, I had to follow the rules. The girl should have done the same.

+1, but since I'm also computer savvy, I'll have the computer setup to prevent video chatting. Of course if my daughter is smart enough to bypass my security, I'll let her have her moment and then beef up security again.:cool: Thus the cycle repeats.:)

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
We take them hunting. Nothing like pointless killing of a defenseless animal to make a man out of you.:rolleyes:
I lol'd at this.
Whatever happened to pray the gay away?

+1, but since I'm also computer savvy, I'll have the computer setup to prevent video chatting. Of course if my daughter is smart enough to bypass my security, I'll let her have her moment and then beef up security again.:cool: Thus the cycle repeats.:)

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/node/7478

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I am only 21, and I am not a father but I can weigh in a little I suppose. If I ever have a daughter, I am going to protect her by setting no video chat rules and the like as well. As a guy I understand what guys think about when they see girls. Thus my own thoughts about when I was in high school will drive me to be a protective parent.

Plus parents rules are rules. When I lived at home, I had to follow the rules. The girl should have done the same.

The alternative is to have unattractive children. Here's hoping! :p *crosses fingers*

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
The alternative is to have unattractive children. Here's hoping! :p *crosses fingers*

lol, classic.

To parents of daughters here: how do you do it? Knowing how guys think about girls, and all that jazz, how do you keep sane? I'm curious, as a 21 year old male.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
lol, classic.

To parents of daughters here: how do you do it? Knowing how guys think about girls, and all that jazz, how do you keep sane? I'm curious, as a 21 year old male.

I don't know b/c I have 2 boys, but I tease the sh*t out of my best friend and my bro-in-law both of whom have daughters and do not like being teased. It's so much fun :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.