Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color and size did you purchase?

• Black 8GB

Votes: 36 17.6%
  • Black 16GB

Votes: 83 40.5%
  • White 16GB

Votes: 92 44.9%

• Total voters

AboveTheChaos

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
I decided on a white one before I went and after I saw it, I knew I wanted it. My buddy who swore he'd get the black one also went with the white one. Plus, he got a black case just in case he wanted to change it up a little. Personally, the black showed too many finger prints and the white one looked so clean.

Sphyrna

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
16 GB Black

I got the Black 16 GB. When first announced I was excited about the white. But after recent actual pictures showed up I wasn't as into it as I thought I'd be. Perhaps in person it's better than the pics but the AT&T store I was in didn't have the white on display. So I stuck with my original plan and walked out with the next-to-last 16 GB Black.

Merlosso

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
I got to AT&T a little before 5 am and was third in line. I got exactly what I wanted; an 8GB in the only color available. With music, video, and apps, this more than enough space for me.

Being on the east coast and one of the first in line, I was activated with no problems and was able to sync at home easily. I have not put it down since. :D

Ryhian

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Orlando, FL
My experience of buying it was a good one. Got to the AT&T store at 430 and had 20 people infront of me. Was out of the store by 820.

I like the feel of the phone and the 3g. Sort of disappointed by the apps though, they all seem to have quite a few bugs or dont function how you think they should.

mkoesel

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2005
How was your experience at the store

Store experience was fantastic. I got the "IRU" error and the apple employees did all they could to make things right. They were patient and helpful. In the end, I was able to get the phones, even though I had to sign up for a brand new AT&T account.

and how satisfied are you with the color/looks/feel of your new iPhone?

Phone looks and feels great. Unfortunately it's still a brick since iTunes is all jammed up.

Wolf103FM

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2006
Huntsville AL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

got a black 16, and I'm as giddy as a school girl. sat in line for 6 hours, had live entertainment (old man playing the blues) and I actually enjoyed it other than the sun. I was in and out of the store in under 30 minutes

BufferOverflow

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2006
UK
Black 16 - not sure it looks quite as pro as the metal back 1gen but the tapered edges make it look a lot neater and the phone is noticeably lighter.

Now if only it would activate...

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Waited in line at 2:30 in the morning and I was the 24th person in line. Unfortunately there was no white iPhone available. So I ended up ordering the white 16GB for myself and my wife. It should be here on Monday or Tuesday

esco

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2005
Myrtle Beach, SC
i went with the 16GB Black. I would've been happy with either honestly, but I guess I'm juts more partial to Apple's black products now.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
I got the last white iPhone the black was all out, but I kinda like the white iPhone after seeing it in person. Half of the line left, because I guess they didn't want the 8gb

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I *Willingly* purchased the 8bg, I never had any intention of getting the 16gb, because I plan on using my old iPhone as for media.. so the 8 is more than enough, couldn't be happier..

lindsaykaye04

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2008
I have been planning on a white 16 GB for a long time. I had no intention of buying a black when I woke up this morning, because white seemed more happy (yes, a silly girl reason for choosing a phone!), plus no fingerprints. My AT&T store didn't have a white on display, but they had the black. I knew the fingerprints would drive me insane, but it looked great, so I had to pick one up. I was planning on getting a case regardless of color, but I might see if an invisible shield will prevent fingerprints, just because the phone is so pretty I don't want to cover it up!

SleepyHead157

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2008
i wanted the 16GB black one, but the store i went to was sold out.. waited two hours i figured what the hell, they didn't have any more black i might as well get the white.. ended up being better anyways, I love the look of the white iPhone, although the metallic 1st gen was amazing. so 16GB white one for me.

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
I'm loving my white! Its just so....... amazingly striking and beautiful. I wish though that Apple had made the front except the button (or maybe the button too) white as well!!!!:D

But any ways, Its gorgeous. Went for a nap after all the MMe iTunes, 2.0 and App store fiasco!:apple:
Will now play with it!

Waterpolo820

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
I went in not even expecting to get a White iPhone, but I ended up getting a white a white on anyways :D Very, Very Nice!!

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Most people in line were back and forth, but they all ended up getting White as it looks pretty sweet. I just wanted 8Gb so I could save the $100 and upgrade next year when the new model comes out or 32Gb of existing model.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I got to the AT&T store about 5:15 this morning. Saw there were only 2 cats waiting in line so I went to Starbucks and had an awful vanilla cappucino(sp?). Got in line and I was 3rd. I got in @ 8AM and picked the 16GB white. i had to activate at home due to the servers and it only took me 30 minutes or so to get it going and I've been enjoying my iPhone 3G every since. The 1st cat got there @ 5 and he gets in the store and he was not able to upgrade because he was not an authorized user.

Hoopdy

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Went in the store this morning with the 8gb in mind and... yeah, didn't come out with one because Rogers whole system was down so I couldn't upgrade or even touch the phone. It's all sorted out now, picking it up in the morning.

I'll be ordering an invisible shield...reason I didn't get the white was because it didn't flow with the chrome or the front plate which is black.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
I was thinking about getting a case since i'm prone to dropping stuff :D, but it looks too nice to cover up.

jordangs4

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
I went to the store with the black in mind. I was number 53 in line, and they ran out around 25. Everyone in my area was pissed, but ended up buying the white anyway, and bought the black cover to go around. I must say white isn't bad, and fingerprints don't show. Still debating on paying the restocking fee to exchange for the 16 black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.