Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukekarts

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2009
OSX 10.8 - Sea Lion

Starting a whole new chain of animals for OSX 11.

Seal
Dolphin
Orca
Shark
etc

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
OS 11

11.0 - Lemon Shark
11.1 - Reef Shark
11.2 - Blue Shark
11.3 - Hammerhead Shark
11.4 - Mako Shark
11.5 - Bull Shark
11.6 - Tiger Shark
11.7 - Great White

osx 10.8 - sea lion

starting a whole new chain of animals for osx 11.

Seal
dolphin
orca
shark
etc

os x 11 = os 10 11. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheKnowledgeGuy

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2010
OSXI BETTER BE FRIGGING FISH. IT BETTER.

Aside, the 10.9 will be "Domestic" because it will be Lion + more...still being big, but it will be simple. Independent.

stewacide

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2002
No reason to change with Lynx, Cougar, and Mountain Lion obvious choices (most people don't know/care some are the same species).

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
ThunderCat
original.0

Snarf Snarf

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
I would bet money that OS 11 (probably not called that) will be the true merging of iOS and OS X into one unified operating system and that the iPad (with some desktop power and goodies) is the model for the future of the Mac interface.

It just makes so much sense with where Apple is going and would want to go. Continuing to push a "post-PC era."

iHateMacs

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Coventry, UK
Except Ratatouille is not a vegetable, it's a dish

I know, but it's a vegetable dish that has many different vegetables in it.

Maybe they could name OS XI after colloquial terms for anything good:

OS 11.0 Wicked
OS 11.1 Bitchin'
OS 11.2 Sick
OS 11.3 .. feel free to continue :)

it might appeal to a younger audience.

ShamrockSolace

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2010
10.8 An Earth moving vehicle from Catepiller. Any big Cat would do.
Thinking a big dumptruck.

11.0 Blood thirsty leaders?
Nero
Kahn
Neapolean
Hitler
Stalin

Jagardn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
It almost has to skip to 11.0, Lion is the King of the Jungle. Any other cat would be a downgrade. :)

kylalak

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2010
After reading some license agreements containing:

B. Apple, at its discretion, may make available future*upgrades or*updates to the Apple Software for your Apple-branded computer. Apple may provide you any such upgrades and updates that it may release up to, but not including, the next major release of the Apple Software, for free. For example, if you originally purchased a license for version 10.7 of the Apple Software, Apple may provide you for free any software upgrades or updates it might release (e.g. version 10.7.1 or 10.7.2) up to, but not including, version 10.8 of the Apple Software. After the next major release of the Apple Software, Apple may also at its discretion continue to provide minor updates and enhancements to the Apple Software. Upgrades and updates, if any, may not necessarily include all existing software features or new features that Apple releases for newer models of Apple-branded computers*and may, at Apple’s discretion, be provided with or without charge. The terms of this License will govern any software upgrades or updates provided by Apple that replace and/or supplement the original Apple Software product, unless such upgrade or update is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.

I believe that there will be a 10.8. I understand that 11.0 technically would be after 10.8, therefore also being correct, and I do understand Apple probably wouldn't put "11.0" in a license agreement, but it'd be likely there is a 10.8.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.