So who is going to go naked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glocke12, Jun 25, 2010.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I really like the look of the ip4, and think a case would detract from its elegance, so aside from possibly some type of film protection for the back, Im really leaning towards not getting a case at all...

anyone else?

2. BuckyLastard macrumors newbie

So far , I got it in a pouch with no protection whatsoever , Im really tempted to leave it completely naked to not alter the retina display....

3. KevinM2 macrumors 6502

I'm just going bumpered, to protect the edging.

Black iPhone, black bumpers...looks very goth :cool:

4. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Me too.

5. JonB3Z macrumors 6502

I carried my 3G in a horizontal belt pouch for two years without any screen damage, so I plan to treat the 4 the same way.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

For now, I'm just keeping it tucked into an older Griffin case I used for the original iPhone. Fits perfectly.

7. SirHaakon macrumors 6502a

I'd love to use it without a case, if it were possible to make calls using it this way...

8. gmikesell macrumors regular

Not me...

The reports of shattering scare me. Not to mention the antenna issue. So I got a $15 black rubber case to put over it. Signal issues are completely resolved and I don't worry near as much about what happens if it slips 12 inches to the floor. Yeah, does kinda kill the aesthetics but I can live with that I think.

9. Orbane macrumors member

How true is this? Do cases/shields really detract from the display in a noticable way?

10. fishduckbean macrumors newbie

Might get a pouch or something when it's in my pocket but otherwise it's gonna stay completely naked. :)

11. BuckyLastard macrumors newbie

In a scientific way , no idea how true is that , its just the general consensus you get from reading forums.

Maybe someone has a scientific answer :D

Which pouch are you guys using ? Im using so far a cheap one bought on ebay for my old iphone , it fits ok but not perfectly

12. Orbane macrumors member

I understand in a scientific manner, looking at the screen through the glass is going to look better than through a sheet of plastic infront of the glass. But in a way that's actually noticable by the human eye?

I'm still going with the invisibleShield on the back of the device, I must say i'm very tempted to install the screen cover if it really doesn't hinder it, at least until power support's solution is out.

13. ducktales macrumors regular

14. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

+1 certainly disappointing and title misleading :mad::rolleyes::p:D

15. rfrankl macrumors 6502

I've gone naked with all mine. I had each generation and never a problem. They all looked great when I sold them. I might get a bumper for this one for grip.

16. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I want to so bad. I have with my other iphones, but this thing is made out of GLASS!!! lol

17. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

18. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

I actually dropped my iPhone 4 today. It was a 2-3 foot drop onto office-grade carpet. Not a scratch, dent, mark, or any other sign of a problem. This isn't exactly simple window-pane glass.

19. pwb2103 macrumors member

I'm with Craiger. Before it came out I thought "no way I'm putting a case on it"... I did fine with no case on the 3g and 3gs and always figured with those it would be cheap to replace the screen if I broke it. But now with all these people shattering theirs after one drop? I might have to suck it up and put a bumper on it.

20. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I've always used my iPhones without a case. But with the defective antenna this phone is useless.

21. stphnman20 macrumors regular

With both sides being glass, YES i'll be using some sort of protection..

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

23. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Who are "all these people?" I've only seen the Gizmodo post.

24. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I'm always naked.

Anyway about the iPhone, yes mine is going naked. I never buy into all the "problems" and "issues" and other crap that comes out every time apple releases a product. Every single company goes through the exact same stuff with new products but its seems to only be sensationalized when it involves Apple because frankly, people LOVE to hate Apple for whatever reason.

Oh, and I don't buy the "it fell from 12 inches and shattered" for a bit.

I worked in electronics retail for a long time years ago and I can easily say no matter what item is sold roughly every 1 out of 10 to 15 come back defective. Its the nature of sensitive electronics combined with mass production. If things were made more carefully the prices would sky rocket and people would bitch about that. Pick your poison.

25. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

On the bright side, this thread is about case or not. I could see someone starting the same titled thread about 1-888-FaceTime :p