So who is returning there phones

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
So i have had the 6 for the weekend and it is great but it is just not as huge of an upgrade as i had thought it would be from my 5. I also have small hands so one handed use has been very hard to adjust to. Just curious

RyanG

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
oh okay i was just about to make a thread asking what sziehr was going to do with his new iphone.

teamjaycub

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
I'm going to exchange my 6 Plus for a 6 as soon as it's available at my local Apple Store.

There were some on Monday, but when I went to the Apple Store, there was a line of 50 scalpers...

odds

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2014
Los Angeles
So i have had the 6 for the weekend and it is great but it is just not as huge of an upgrade as i had thought it would be from my 5. I also have small hands so one handed use has been very hard to adjust to. Just curious
Two of the major functions aren't even available yet; why don't you give it some time? Continuity/Hand Off with OS X Yosemite won't be ready until mid/late October. Apple Pay isn't ready yet, either.

Return it if you want, but there are quite a few factors which make the 6/6+ much better than the 5.

richdruitt

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2014
I'm just waiting on hold now to cancel my order. I have an iPhone 4S. While the battery life sucks, it's been sturdy. I don't want to buy a phone that bends when it goes in a pocket. I don't always have a bag with me to put a phone in and frankly, I travel to Europe often. I want something that expensive as close to my body as possible, not in a bag that can be ripped or cut off.

I'm disappointed that Apple made something so very weak. I'll stick with my 4S for the time being and wait for them to make a phone that can withstand the pressure of a pair of jeans pressing against flesh.

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Thanks iphone auto correct lol for the title. For me it is size and performance. It is moderately faster is use yet much harder to hold and text one handed. I am considering it just seeing who is in the same boat. I can not edit titles or I would have fixed it. Future note gramer police are ever where.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
I'm just waiting on hold now to cancel my order. I have an iPhone 4S. While the battery life sucks, it's been sturdy. I don't want to buy a phone that bends when it goes in a pocket. I don't always have a bag with me to put a phone in and frankly, I travel to Europe often. I want something that expensive as close to my body as possible, not in a bag that can be ripped or cut off.

I'm disappointed that Apple made something so very weak. I'll stick with my 4S for the time being and wait for them to make a phone that can withstand the pressure of a pair of jeans pressing against flesh.
The 6 doesn't bend. Any phone will get damaged if you don't take care of it.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
Thanks iphone auto correct lol for the title. For me it is size and performance. It is moderately faster is use yet much harder to hold and text one handed. I am considering it just seeing who is in the same boat. I can not edit titles or I would have fixed it. Future note gramer police are ever where.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
The phone bending thing is worse F.U.D. than Antenna Gate. You know people are looking for ANYTHING to make a big deal about.

This thread feeds right into that.

I can bend and break any smart phone, palm pilot, newton, etc. It's actually very hard to "accidentally" bend your phone in your front pocket.

It's simple carelessness.

Structurally speaking, it's better to place your phone in your pocket, with the glass to your thigh. Glass does not compress, and it's more difficult to bend toward the glass than away, toward the back.

Sasparilla

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2012
I'm returning my 6 as well... The size doesn't work for me...have a 5s that fits into my daily reqs better. This is unrelated to the bending, but the 6 is the first iPhone that was so thin in my hand it felt fragile...not why it's going back, just an observation.

If they had a 6 in the 5/5s form factor I'd totally be keeping it. Maybe they'll give us a small version in the 6s (there's certainly a market niche for smaller high end phones as there are several Android phones in that niche, so maybe Apple will cover it at some point). In the mean time this mint 6 will go back to the store for someone else to enjoy.

Last edited:

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
I'm returning my 6 as we'll... The size doesn't work well for me...have a 5s that fits into my daily reqs better. This is unrelated to the bending, but the 6 is the first iPhone that was so thin in my hand it felt fragile...not why it's going back, just an observation.

If they had a 6 in the 5/5s form factor I'd totally be keeping it. Maybe they'll give us a small version in the 6s. In the mean time this mint 6 will go back to the store for someone else to enjoy.
What will you do in the future when Apple never returns back to the 4" screen sizes and the 4.7" becomes the new norm?

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Mines going back as well tomorrow. Exchanging it for a 5s. Too big, gets in my way more than anything.

rwkleinjr

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Hell no.

My pockets are big enough and I have enough awareness not to add pressure to such a thin device.

6+ is perfect for me.

PTVMan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
I'm going to exchange my 6 Plus for a 6 as soon as it's available at my local Apple Store.

There were some on Monday, but when I went to the Apple Store, there was a line of 50 scalpers...
Did you interview each of the individuals or just profiling?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.