So who is returning there phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sziehr, Sep 23, 2014.

1. sziehr macrumors 6502a

So i have had the 6 for the weekend and it is great but it is just not as huge of an upgrade as i had thought it would be from my 5. I also have small hands so one handed use has been very hard to adjust to. Just curious

2. RyanG macrumors 6502

oh okay i was just about to make a thread asking what sziehr was going to do with his new iphone.

3. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

I'm going to exchange my 6 Plus for a 6 as soon as it's available at my local Apple Store.

There were some on Monday, but when I went to the Apple Store, there was a line of 50 scalpers...

4. regkilla macrumors 6502

regkilla

5. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Done that. Returned 128gb silver 6 to AT&T yesterday - heat, wifi and carrier issues. It worked out just fine for me.

6. odds macrumors 6502

Two of the major functions aren't even available yet; why don't you give it some time? Continuity/Hand Off with OS X Yosemite won't be ready until mid/late October. Apple Pay isn't ready yet, either.

Return it if you want, but there are quite a few factors which make the 6/6+ much better than the 5.

7. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

8. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

9. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Not me but I fully intend to return here phones.

10. richdruitt macrumors member

I'm just waiting on hold now to cancel my order. I have an iPhone 4S. While the battery life sucks, it's been sturdy. I don't want to buy a phone that bends when it goes in a pocket. I don't always have a bag with me to put a phone in and frankly, I travel to Europe often. I want something that expensive as close to my body as possible, not in a bag that can be ripped or cut off.

I'm disappointed that Apple made something so very weak. I'll stick with my 4S for the time being and wait for them to make a phone that can withstand the pressure of a pair of jeans pressing against flesh.

11. sziehr thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks iphone auto correct lol for the title. For me it is size and performance. It is moderately faster is use yet much harder to hold and text one handed. I am considering it just seeing who is in the same boat. I can not edit titles or I would have fixed it. Future note gramer police are ever where.

12. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

The 6 doesn't bend. Any phone will get damaged if you don't take care of it.

13. richdruitt macrumors member

My 4S didn't bend.

14. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

lol you didn't help yourself there :p

15. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I am all for people need to take care of things, but these phones are just too thin. We shouldn't have to take care of these phones like they are a new born baby.

16. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Sad, isn't it, to have to pamper these phones.

17. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

[​IMG]

18. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

19. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

The phone bending thing is worse F.U.D. than Antenna Gate. You know people are looking for ANYTHING to make a big deal about.

This thread feeds right into that.

I can bend and break any smart phone, palm pilot, newton, etc. It's actually very hard to "accidentally" bend your phone in your front pocket.

It's simple carelessness.

Structurally speaking, it's better to place your phone in your pocket, with the glass to your thigh. Glass does not compress, and it's more difficult to bend toward the glass than away, toward the back.

20. Sasparilla, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

Sasparilla macrumors 6502a

I'm returning my 6 as well... The size doesn't work for me...have a 5s that fits into my daily reqs better. This is unrelated to the bending, but the 6 is the first iPhone that was so thin in my hand it felt fragile...not why it's going back, just an observation.

If they had a 6 in the 5/5s form factor I'd totally be keeping it. Maybe they'll give us a small version in the 6s (there's certainly a market niche for smaller high end phones as there are several Android phones in that niche, so maybe Apple will cover it at some point). In the mean time this mint 6 will go back to the store for someone else to enjoy.

21. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

What will you do in the future when Apple never returns back to the 4" screen sizes and the 4.7" becomes the new norm?

22. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Mines going back as well tomorrow. Exchanging it for a 5s. Too big, gets in my way more than anything.

23. rwkleinjr macrumors regular

Hell no.

My pockets are big enough and I have enough awareness not to add pressure to such a thin device.

6+ is perfect for me.

24. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

Did you interview each of the individuals or just profiling?