So who went back to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richxps, Jun 13, 2011.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Just wondering how many of you dev and non dev's went back to 4.3.3 ? Or are you going to stick it out with the betas to the end ?
    So far i went back to 4.3.3 but i already miss it even with the few bugs i found.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I jumped back because I can't live without my Lockinfo.

I've been fighting the urge to go back to the beta because of how enjoyable the whole thing is. In my experience, the animations are much smoother and the new notification system, although it could use a few tweaks, is wonderful.

I think I'll probably wait to see what the second beta has to offer before I upgrade again. If it's got nothing new I'll just stay where I'm at.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I'm about to downgrade. I'll miss notifications, but the bugs and slow performance isn't really doing it for me. Let's hope beta2 is better and soon.

4. shadrap macrumors 6502

I went back to 4.2.8 on Verizon. Just going to wait until it is compatible with all my apps, other than that iOS 5 is great.

5. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I upgraded mine to iOS5 and was going to leave my wife's iP4 to 4.3.3 but after just a few days of iOS5, i couldn't help myself :) We are lucky that 99% of the apps that we use have no glitches in IOS5, and the few and far in between hiccups are easy to live with, considering the gains.
    I would say that the BIGGEST issue is that battery life, but I am aware it's mostly because i restored from backup, since we needed to keep all the stuff that was on our phones before.
    All in all, I have to say this is one of the BEST betas and most of the time I forget it's even a beta :)

6. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm undecided at the moment as I've just had a blast of text messages that were sent to me yesterday arrive a couple of hours ago but I'm not sure if it's just a one off thing or an actual bug. Hopefully it'll be fine now as I'm really loving iOS 5 so far!

7. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I went back. Only due to a few reliability issues which is expected in a beta release. I figured I would try it out and see if I could deal with them. In the end I could not. I might check out future betas depending on what new features are added.

8. Littleman macrumors regular

Littleman

Add in the shocking battery life and this is it really. Might try future betas depending how bored I am.

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I did yesterday. The whole experience was nice, but there were too many bugs to make it worth it. Luckily, I copied my photos manually to my PC's HDD from my iPhone since the iPhone shows ups in Explorer, but I'm upset because it looks like you can't copy them back to the iPhone. :(

10. VSMacOne, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011

VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I'm also getting terrible battery life, but I'm tempted to try something out.. Backup and then restore to factory iOS5, and the restore from the backup of iOS5. I wonder if that would still carry over some of the bugs of the 4.3.3 backup? I'm going to try that tonight...

You can sync them with iTunes. Or email them back to the phone and save the attachments ( might not work if you have hundreds of pictures :) )

11. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

My battery life is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Did you do a fresh install without restoring from your 4.x backup?

13. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Haha, didn't think about that but I guess it's not that big of a deal. I'd rather not send myself 30 emails and redownload them. I was going to backup my photos to my HDD anyways when iOS 5 official comes out, but I guess I got a head start.

14. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I really wish FB was working for me on IOS 5. I would have stayed if it weren't for that.

15. Ferrd macrumors regular

Ferrd

I went back after a week. I did a fresh install (vs. a restore from backup) and my battery life was pitiful. I need my battery to last more then 1/2 a day as I need my phone for work.

16. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Downgraded. When it becomes a little less laggy and buggy I'll go back to it.

17. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

I use to get horrible battery life, would drop from 100% to 14% in 5 hours, but after like 5 days some how the battery life has gotten better! Now I can go 9 hours and still have 20% left. And I really don't have anything disabled.

18. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

5.0 B1 is a little buggy in places, and the only thing I miss while being on it is that I can't post on the forum, lol.

The keyboard is ridiculously laggy and unresponsive when typing a new reply while on 5.0, strange. Sometimes the calibration goes off too, the amount of times the "G" seems to move over to where the "H" is and cause a bit of havoc is funny, I've sent some weird texts to the wife. :D

Other than that, everything is superb on 5.0 for a first beta release. The only "down" side is that because we've got three months until public release, we could be a good 3 or 4 weeks away from Beta 2 and further improvements.

But yeah, the battery is pretty shocking on B1 and I restored and set up as a new phone. Still, the notifications (that work) are great. Facebook simply does not work for me, no matter what settings I toggle or how many times I reinstall the damn thing. Zero notifications.

19. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

That's interesting... I wonder if older setting ported over form iOS4 are getting replaced with iOS5 settings? I'm just shooting in the dark here :p

20. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i went back to 4.2.8 jb too, can't lose my lockinfo. maybe next release.

im sure ashman is upgrading lockinfo as we speak. ill still us it in place of the ios5 lockinfo.

21. guyh macrumors newbie

guyh

yup, upgraded then downgraded then upgraded then downgraded and will probably upgrade again when the few bugs that annoy have gone.

22. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

Nope still hanging with it. Nothing soo egregious that makes me want to switch back thus far.

23. mms13 macrumors 6502

24. milamber macrumors regular

I downgraded because I missed my jailbreak tweaks too much!

Sure there are things that I love about iOS 5 but sbsettings and quick compose meant that I went back to 4.3.3.

You don't realise what you got until you lose it!

At first I thought I'd be fine on iOS 5 beta but then I realised how much I rely on jailbreak tweaks!

25. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

I never left 4.3.3. I will go to 5 when it comes out as a polished end user product. If I don't like it that way I will downgrade to 4.3.3 again and jailbreak.