So whos buying one tomorrow?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jp700p, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jp700p macrumors regular

I got my credit card ready and will be at the Apple Store tomorrow (sometime after 1:30p).

I plan on picking up the new 13" MBP (if there is a pro or not)

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. antonchigurh macrumors member

4. vsighi macrumors 6502

vsighi

5. Sarngate macrumors regular

6. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I might pick up a 13" or 15" tomorrow (depending on the features).

7. gregoryalee macrumors regular

I am planning on buying for sure if I can get a quad core 15"... I will settle for the 17" if it is the only way I can get a quad. If there is no quad core I may wait it out a little longer. (The applications I use on a day to day basis run much better with multiple cores.) I am adverse to spending 2 to 3k for a non quad core computer. And no I don't want a linux, microsoft, or hackintosh laptop.

8. iTouch1987 macrumors member

from rumors/pictures

didn't like:
    redesign scheduled for 2012 - was hoping this refresh was
    - also no new color (black)
    no ssd - not even the OS dedicated was mentioned

liked:
    i5 processor standard for 13"? - could make up a little ground with intels integrated gpu
    lightpeak/thunderbolt - we'll see what this brings

all in all, i'm starting to lean to now waiting for the MacBook Air Sandy Bridge and it'd be cool if they added LightPeak to the MBA too.

9. htc fan macrumors 6502

Not me, I just bought my macbook pro last month.:cool:

10. mark28 macrumors 68000

Not tomorrow. Waiting for the Sandy Bridge Mac Pro or iMac i7. :p

11. DudeMartin macrumors regular

I'm trying to keep my hopes up and pray that the higher end 13" a) won't cost like 300/400 bucks more b) has a nice GPU

Even if I don't get the higher end 13", I'll still likely get one because it will be my first Mac :)

12. laser71 macrumors regular

15" for sure, barring some unforeseen dealbreaker

13. alexandero macrumors regular

I'm now considering buying a MBA 13" instead. I was really hoping for a 13" without SuperDrive but with Sandy Bridge, SDD and matte screen.

If we'd only know how soon the MBAs will be upgraded to Sandy Bridge.

14. gregoryalee macrumors regular

I just checked the current offerings and yeah it's 300 more for the higher end 13" mbp. :eek:

15. thirty7alpha macrumors member

thirty7alpha

Realistically....

What are the odds that any Apple retail store will actually have any of these things for sale TOMORROW? I say almost none. Even if they have some, does anyone have any idea what the inventory levels might be based on previous releases? 10? 20? 100?

I think online will be the best bet. When do we think the website will open up???

I don't know about you guys, but I'm just ready for this journey to be over with. Never before have I waited so long for a product. Never again will I repeat that mistake.

16. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Almost positive all the stores will have them in stock tomorrow. There have been pictures and confirmation of pallets arriving.

17. vhp3 macrumors regular

Availability

Just posted this on another thread:

They always have them at the applestore right after the official announcement. I know, because I typically upgrade every year. Last year I was able to pick up the 17" i7 matte without doing a built to order. Only 1 store out of 5 in my area had the matte. Also, they didn't have the new ones on display because it was so new. Hope this helps and good luck tomorrow.

18. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

If there is a quad 17", I'm definitely going to pick that up and probably sell my mac pro.

19. Radex macrumors member

Well, I intend to buy a high-end 15". The last I used a Mac was six years ago, heh. Hopefully, it is a somewhat decent improvement over the previous generation.

I probably should wait for the Back to School event, but assuming it is the usual get a free iPod Touch, then I can sacrifice that for the benefit of getting the Macbook Pro now.

20. gregoryalee macrumors regular

+1

21. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Pretty sure they'll have them in stock. I was able to get the last two revisions on release date.

22. thirty7alpha macrumors member

thirty7alpha

So do I have to show up ridiculously early??? I live over an hour away from the store. I'll be so ticked if I waste my time for nothing! ;)

23. ms.annette macrumors regular

ms.annette

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I am! I've been waiting about a month to buy a 13''. Hopefully my nearest Apple has them in stock. Ordering from apple.com would mean I'd have to wait even longer lol

24. Radex macrumors member

Would it really lol? Hopefully, it'll be back at the 1 day shipping term. I am going to buy mine at the website <.<...