So who's going case-less with their iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by red9, Jun 21, 2010.

1. red9 macrumors member

I'm seriously considering it. I've had my 3GS for almost a year with the screen left naked and just an incase slider to protect the back. I just make sure I don't put the phone in a pocket with any loose change, keys, etc (put that in the other pocket) and it's been good to go. Anyone else seriously thinking about going completely case-less/screen protector-less with their iPhone 4? Any reason not to, considering the glass is supposed to be even more scratch resistant than the 3GS?

2. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I am, always have....always will.......

to those of you worried about dropping it and breaking the screen....you probably should be.

but, those of you (like me) that dropped an iPhone and cracked the screen, you will never do it again. You will always make sure it is 100% in your pocket before you let go.....no matter how intoxicated you are. All it takes is once!

3. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Ive never used a case before and I don't know if Im going to start. I am contemplating a bumper though.

4. Ares1590 macrumors member

I take FANTASTIC care of all my phones. They look brand new two years later. And yet, I doubt anyone could convince me to go caseless-short of Apple making an iPhone with diamond for the screens and adamantium enclosure :D

5. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

I'm going to put the rubber-band err I mean bumper around mine but that's it.

Maybe a nice screen/glass protector. that has yet to be determined.

6. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I've gone case-less on most of the other phones I've had in the past, although my BlackBerry Pearl and Nokia 5800 both came with cases in the box..... the BlackBerry case is very good and protects the phone well, the Nokia case has caused damage to the screen of the phone and offers very little protection.

When it comes to the new iPhone 4 I will most likely go case-less or possibly just get something minor like a bumper for then its on a desk/table.

7. andrewb21 macrumors member

8. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

For the time being I will go naked, until Otterbox releases a heavy duty case for it. Although once I get a feel for it, I may take a trip to an apple store for a bumper this weekend

9. r2b2007 macrumors regular

10. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Tried many cases over the years on my 3 iphones, but they always add thickness and ruin the look. Never a cracked or scratched screen. So no case or bumper for me.

11. Bakakage macrumors 6502

12. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A293)

Not me. I plan on using Apples anti glare screen, along with a silicone case for max protection.

13. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

I've never bothered with my 2 year old 3g, I've dropped it more than a few times and have fortunately suffered no major damage. It is pretty scratched and some buttons are missing, but hey it's a phone it's going to get bashed up a bit.

14. DrCheese macrumors member

I'll probably get one, I like throwing my phone down (on it's back...) on a desk without worrying about it getting damaged

That said, my incase slider has put lovely marks in my 3g over the last year or so, so I'm not sure.

15. Skystar macrumors 6502

16. chrisvanhorn macrumors regular

chrisvanhorn

There is absolutley no need to use a case or screen protectors with this phone.

The screen and back are made of very high quality glass and you will have a very hard time scratching them. Then the rest of the phone is made of stainless ****ing steel.

Naked for life.

17. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

The people who put cases on their phones are more worried by drops than scratches, I imagine. Which your post doesn't really take into account.

18. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Definitely gonna go without a case. Why? So I can showoff the fact it's the newer 4th Generation model and not the older ones. ;p

19. Sp71Supra macrumors regular

I never use a case.. they are bulky and hard to get in and out of your pocket.. plus iPhone parts are dirt cheap, I can get original apple digitizers for cheap and the rear covers are even cheaper than that. Might be the cheapest phone out there to repair.

20. puggles macrumors regular

haha i broke my iphone 3gs screen while intoxicated and trying to take a picture of a dog and just dropped it...never again!!!

21. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Going to start with keeping in a pouch while it's in my bag but use it caseless. See how it feels. Would rather not throw it into full case.

22. luv2hum macrumors regular

23. Martyrd0m macrumors regular

Martyrd0m

Gonna grab a bumper and screen protector til otterbox releases it's cases