so who's putting smart covers,screen protectors or cases?

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
so far i got myself a smart cover thinking if i should add a screen protector as well but also thinking maybe i might want a cool case for it?

anyways lets start a trend what are you guys planning on getting for your new iPad?

Markiie

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
Los Angeles, California.
so far i got myself a smart cover thinking if i should add a screen protector as well but also thinking maybe i might want a cool case for it?

anyways lets start a trend what are you guys planning on getting for your new iPad?
Power Support iPad 2 Crystal clear film (assuming there won't be a fitment issue)

Frost ZUM cover (hoping fits ipad)

Apple OEM Smartcover

eclipseblur954

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
keeping my black leather smart cover, bought a new product red smart cover this time around so i can switch it up

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
I am hoping Marware CEO Hybrid will make a new case for the iPad 3. I had one for the iPad 2 and it was great.

I've always liked the smart cover look though from pics and videos, but for $40 and 70 it's such a rip off. If I go that route I would also get some film protection for the back.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
After a ton of cases, I settled on a Smart Cover with a Belkin hard shell cover on the back. It was the thinnest solution that kept the bulk down and provided a little bit of protection. Plus I often just rip out the smart cover and use it coverless.

I'd use it naked were it not for the fact I dropped my iPad 2 and cracked the screen (which, incidentally, the Apple Store genius replaced for free). Maybe instead of a new case, I'll just get Applecare+... :cool:

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I just ordered the Marware microshell and will pair it with an Apple Smart Cover. Light, some protection, and easy to put on/off. Yay!

BlendedFrog

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2010
I will be putting in a case but with it being ever so slightly wider will any case currently on the market work?

JeffMorse

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
With the 2 I used the smart cover and a belkin shell back and was really happy with that. I'll be going that route this time too, though I really wish the ipad dock allowed for a back cover and still worked.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Smartcover * Leatherskin rear worked well for 2. Doing that combo again.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
My favorite is still the case for the Original iPad. That is what I plan to use. I have an extra one if I want a shiny new one.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Invisible Shield (Back Only) + Leather Smart Cover

Ive used front and back invisible shields on all my large screen handheld devices for years but finally broke the habit with the 4S when I realized that the glass is extremely scratch resistant and the screen both looks and feels better bare.

I am going to use a back shield though because the aluminum does scuff and I plan on selling next year so having it scratch-free will maximize its resale value.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Does anyone know of any cheap cases that are like the iPad 1 case from apple. I want something to put it in when I carry it in my backpack. The smart cover comes off my 2 sometimes and it has resulted in a scratched screen.

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
Do these cover/case companies get the iPad 3 (or any product) early or something so they can design and produce their cases? Surprised they already have them ready to be shipped at release date.

Chaos123x

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Product Red Smart Cover. Clear-Coat film for the back only (going to have someone at the mall do it).

Pipper99

macrumors 68030
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
After a ton of cases, I settled on a Smart Cover with a Belkin hard shell cover on the back. It was the thinnest solution that kept the bulk down and provided a little bit of protection. Plus I often just rip out the smart cover and use it coverless.

I'd use it naked were it not for the fact I dropped my iPad 2 and cracked the screen (which, incidentally, the Apple Store genius replaced for free). Maybe instead of a new case, I'll just get Applecare+... :cool:
I use the exact same setup. I've really tried to use the iPad naked, but the Belkin back cover gives it a little bit of tackiness for better grip: the iPad is way too slippery otherwise.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Power Support iPad 2 Crystal clear film (assuming there won't be a fitment issue)

Frost ZUM cover (hoping fits ipad)

Apple OEM Smartcover
I just bought a smart cover and want to get something like the ZUM, but I'm afraid it might not fit... they say the taper on teh edges is a little bit different than the iPad 2.. thickness is also slightly different. Might be enough to be a problem for the form fitting cases though. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.