sold ipad, ready for ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by troyhouse, Jan 26, 2011.

1. troyhouse macrumors 6502

sold ipad for 449, it had invisible shield full body and stuff, now patiently waiting for ipad 2, it will be pre-order and first day buy..!!

is anyone else planning to do the same?

2. joehahn macrumors regular

3. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

I sold my 64gb 3G way to early, Oct. 28th to be exact. Probably only half way there.:(

4. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

i know, but if i have waited more, then i would not have got this price.. and the funny part is, i bot ipad for 399 (tjmaxx) and sold for 449... how good is that?:D

5. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

NO.

How much did you pay for all the add on crap??? Sounds like you got takin for a ride.

6. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

Don't expect much of an upgrade. I would have skipped the 2 and waited for iPad 3. Not to mention, you'll be without an iPad for atleast 2months.:rolleyes:

7. ilovemyibook macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

You're going to be without an iPad for a long time! Lol. I'm going to keep mine until I have the iPad 2 in my possession....that is if I can find the strength to sell it. Lll.

8. rmitchell248 macrumors 6502

i sold mine because it just was not useful enough for me. I always found myself with my iPhone in my hand instead. I will give the ipad2 a go when it comes out I am sure

9. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Dumb move, you are not going to lose that much more hanging on to it until the new one is released.

10. fivenotrump macrumors regular

449what?

11. maflynn, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Heck, I just bought a new one, and I have no plans on buying an iPad 2.

The rumors are firming up to the point that the iPad2 is going to be a minor update. Addition of a 1mp camera (maybe higher), maybe a bump in ram and processor but thats just about it. The hope that we'd see a retina display has gone by the boards.

Personally, my iPad is working great for me, and I see little reason to sell it now, do without it for 2 - 3 months and then get an iPad 2 with just a minor update.

12. WLS macrumors 65816

sold mine too. It was to an in-law by verbal deal and I can keep it until the end of Feb. I figure we will have the announcement by then and I can cancel the deal or place my order. I don't expect to want to cancel after the new features are revealed.

13. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Front facing camera option is enough for me to upgrade, but I definitely can't sell now. It's too early. I personally think the iPad won't be announced till march

14. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Well, the OP said he bought it at TJ Maxx, which is an American retailer, so it would be safe to assume US$.

I don't intend on selling mine. I doubt the iPad 2 will have enough compelling features to make it worth it for me. I'll wait till the iPad 3 and then evaluate the situation.

15. k995, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

k995 macrumors 6502a

So you buy it then sell it and now you are just going to go without it for months?

Why did you buy it then in the first place? Its clear you dont need it.

Lets see ig I use the ipad about 2/3 year thats 499 / 36 = 20/13$ a month. I gladly pay that to use my ipad.

16. Pinger macrumors regular

It's a crap shoot at best.. Some sources say it could be as early as February others say as late as April.. Honestly if they ever released it in February they'd do some major damage to the competition!! Wouldn't that be just like Apple lol

17. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

i can wait for a month, and get the one with new features. i am really liking the new features such as more ram, powerful cpu and sdhc slot.

its all about personal preference.

18. Robbadore64 macrumors regular

How many people "need" it really? I love mine but to say I "need" it wouldn't be truthful.

I agree with the idea of leasing the iPad. I remember when so many were saying dumb things like "Why waste all that money on the 1st generation when the 2nd will most certainly be soooo much better".
    When the next one comes out I'll buy it and would have had my 1st gen iPad about a year. At worse case I'll "lose" about $200 of the purchase price when I sell mine. Thats about $17 a month to "lease" it. Happy to do so.

19. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

You can't need an iPad so much if you can go without one for 3 months. Why bother getting another one?

20. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

And you know it has all these new "features", how? Personally I couldn't be happier with my current iPad. Don't see myself upgrading for 2-3 years.

21. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

This. I love my iPad, so it would take quite a lot for me to sell it and buy a new one. The main reason I'd probably skip gen 2 is the camera(s). I'm only one of two people I know who even has an iPad, so Facetime would be pretty useless to me. None of my friends have iPhones or Macs, so that idea is out the door, too.

I still find it funny how bent out of shape everyone's getting because of the specs of the iPad 2 and how they can't wait. There hasn't been any official word from Apple yet, so why get your hopes up? (I guess that's my own fault for even being on MR in the first place...)

22. mkruck macrumors regular

mkruck

I still can't believe this. Mind boggling. This whole internet thing is great for all kinds of stuff, but connecting people globally? Really? Why, that's going to make all of us think beyond the Imperial system, U.S. currency...wow.:eek:

23. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

you all guessed it correct, sold it for $$$$ 449. now the wait for ipad 2 begins...!!!

24. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

You didn't have to sell it so early. You could've at least waited until the media event announcement, thus enjoying your iPad for even longer.

25. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Where did you sell it?

Ebay?
    Craiglist?

Friend?

Anyway, iPad will always get CPU, GPU and RAM upgrade in almost every year.

But, those specs are useless without apple and developers taking advantage of them. iPad 2 will be minor updates. The only thing that I can think of that most people would upgrade is for the camera. But... But... I don't care about camera on iPad. I have a phone. Waiting for iPad 3.