Sold iPhone 4 and got BB Bold 9700

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orange42, Aug 24, 2010.

1. orange42 macrumors 6502a

Just feel like throwing it out there that I sold my iPhone 4 on craigslist and got the Bold 9700.

Don't get me wrong, the iPhone 4 is awesome but there's something about the iPhone that I just kind of got sick of. And obviously the new one, whenever it may actually be coming out, will have a fixed antenna and hopefully be less fragile. (I live in a good reception area so I didn't really have to deal with the antenna, but if I held my fingers in the spot the bars would eventually go down. For the record, never had a dropped call - and never dropped the phone)

As for the iPhone 4 being too fragile, I constantly felt like I had to baby it. I'm hoping when they make a new one Apple will use a different material. Seeing all the shattered phones on this forum sucked.

Again, not knocking the phone, because it was sweet, I just wanted to try something else for a while. For what it's worth, I still have my 3G on 3.whatever.whatever. And since I'm on a family plan with 5 lines, I'm sure if I want to within the next two years I can get one of the other iPhones.

:apple:

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Great! Cya!

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

BB + iPod Touch. Best of both worlds for you!

4. youssefm macrumors 6502

+1 on BB and iPod touch!

The iPhone is great, but having a blackberry and ipod is just much better, although a tad bit less convenient

5. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I hated all of my corporate BlackBerrys... Good luck and see you back in a few weeks.

6. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh since you hated all your corporate BlackBerrys I'll switch back to the iPhone in a few weeks. True.

7. christianinri macrumors member

8. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

iPhone 4 for personal line, BB Bold 9700 for my work line. Both serve their intended purposes splendidly.

9. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Next time, stop feeling, no one cares. AND

Cool story, bro.

10. Papillo macrumors member

Same here, except i can count the number of times on one hand that ive touched my blackberry in the past month since i got the iphone4 :)

11. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

haha, +1 to that

12. doboy macrumors 68000

Why do people feel the need to share stories like this? No one cares about your decision other than yourself.

13. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why are people like you such babies? Really, why? Wahh.

14. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was waiting for this. It's amazing how people like you,
    and you, still manage to think that's funny.

15. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

lol @ all the a-holes

oh no, the OP has an opinion and shared why he switched, better get put your wanker hats on

there've been worse threads here, don't rag on the guy because he made a decision :rolleyes:

don't like it? ignore it

16. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I'm never going back to blackberry. They're so damn awful in comparison to the i4.

Cya dude. Didn't you already post about this awful decision already? Want more people to ponder your retardedness?

17. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow someone else on this forum is a decent person besides me?

OMG OMG THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION NO ONE ASKED!!!

Uhh, what the **** are you talking about?

18. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

19. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

$700. I had it listed for more but didn't want to get greedy and wanted to get the money asap for school. BB was $150 after rebate.

20. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Not bad. If you like the BlackBerry then I'd say it was worth it.

21. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

If you're going blackberry you should've gotten the torch, it was a really nice handset in the couple days I used it, the keyboard was great, and it could actually browse the web decently.

22. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah it's solid so far. I still thing people over-hype BBM, but it's still pretty cool. People complain saying they don't like touch screen but it's definitely easier to use. I just didn't take full advantage of the iPhone and wanted to switch. Not the end of the world for me.
    I saw it at the AT&T store but wasn't feeling it. I wanted a more traditional BB. I hate the idea of both touch screen and keyboard phones. I think they should be one or the other. Plus after using an iPhone for 16 or so months I wouldn't trust any other touch screen cause Apple's is so smooth.

23. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

I don't think any of us truly cared if you sold your iphone to get a blackberry... Sorry to be rude but that would be like me posting in the forums today I decided against the bacon cheeseburger and ordered a salad instead. No one would care and in fact would get a bunch of rude posts asking why did you even start a post telling us something we don't really care about. But congrats on your purchase of going back in tech instead of forward.... Might should have considered a BB Torch at least.