Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Since new watches should be arriving today, was wondering if we could get some feedback on Apple’s solo loop sizing accuracy

I printed the sizing chart (checked the scale with a credit card), and ordered a size 8. My watch doesn’t arrive until Monday.

Anyone mind posting how the solo loop fits compared to the sizing chart? I.e., sizing chart said I was a 7 and it fits tight, loose, perfect?

Last edited:
Reactions: benroberts3

batristain

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Richmond,VA
Yeah after seeing that video when I do order a solo loop I will order a 1 (I have to wear children's size bracelets - freakishly small wrists).... before seeing that video I thought I would be a 3

michaelb5000

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
I ordered an 8 since that is what I measured; I won't get this until next week so no help today. I am hoping we can just return/exchange the band if it doesn't fit and keep the watch. I have other bands to use from my current watch.

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
I measured and got upper 8/almost on the line between 8-9. I ordered an 8 solo loop and woven solo loop. Solo loop with be here today. I’ll let you know. Hoping it’s good. Woven doesn’t ship for a couple weeks.

Stormclouds

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I was exactly between a 7 and 8 so I ordered a braided solo loop in a 7 since it stretches. I've been worried that it'll be too tight.

Reactions: CarolG

cihag

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
I was exactly between a 7 and 8 so I ordered a braided solo loop in a 7 since it stretches. I've been worried that it'll be too tight.
I remember seeing a note on the Apple website stating that both solo loops will "get wider" over time... Can't find it anymore, though... I think you will be fine...

edit: typo

Last edited:

Stormclouds

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I remember seeing a not on the Apple website stating that both solo loops will "get wider" over time... Can't find it anymore, though... I think you will be fine...
I think so too. I'd rather it be slightly tight than slightly too large, especially since you need it to be snug for the HR monitor and blood oxygen sensor.

Reactions: compwiz1202

cihag

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
so early results are definitely indicating to size down.
Haven't seen any "actual" reports so far...

Except for iJustine, but I mean, what she did with the sizing tool was actually a mess, she hadn't even cut it out properly...

I've used both options: Sizing tool and also manual wrist measurement. Both options resulted in size 7 (16.5 cm wrist size). Bu I won't receive my watch and band before Wednesday, 23rd...

Edit:
I see @Sparkie_e has posted an actual report. Makes me nervous right now...

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Haven't seen any "actual" reports so far...

Except for iJustine, but I mean, what she did with the sizing tool was actually a mess, she hadn't even cut it out properly...

In my case: I've used both options: Sizing tool and also manual wrist measurement. Both options resulted in size 7 (16.5 cm wrist size). Bu I won't receive my watch and band before Wednesday, 23rd...

See below.

Got mine today. Measured for a 7, but little too loose for my liking. Will have to get a size down.

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
Great. I ordered a 4 based on the measurement and it looks like that might be loose. Oh well, I can return and order another if I need to. Sucks to wait until November though.

Reactions: reebs

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Does anyone know if you can return just the band if the fit us off or does the whole unit also need to be swapped/returned?

pflau

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
This thread will never be helpful because there is no objective criteria for what a "good fit" is. Some people will like a snug fit, some people will like a loose fit. Not to mention when one determines wrist size, some will size up, some will size down. What iJustine did was a total mess, as there is one inch difference between a size 2 and a size 5. So don't even listen to her.

jsnuff1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2003
NY
I just went to Apple store and picked up my order, and they let me test the bands there. I was sized 8, and the 8 fit well and kept the watch in place. I tried the 7 and while that was more of a snug fit, it felt too constrained for me so I think the sizing guide is pretty good.

I would say if the guide lands between a size, go with the size lower, otherwise it should be fine.

Btw material is super soft and cool.... and very easy to take on/off...this is my first apple watch so cant compare to the other silicon band.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
This thread will never be helpful because there is no objective criteria for what a "good fit" is. Some people will like a snug fit, some people will like a loose fit. Not to mention when one determines wrist size, some will size up, some will size down. What iJustine did was a total mess, as there is one inch difference between a size 2 and a size 5. So don't even listen to her.

completely agree, but I feel like most people tend to wear their apple watches tighter than a traditional watch due to the sensors.

I just went to Apple store and picked up my order, and they let me test the bands there. I was sized 8, and the 8 fit well and kept the watch in place. I tried the 7 and while that was more of a snug fit, it felt too constrained for me so I think the sizing guide is pretty good.

I would say if the guide lands between a size, go with the size lower, otherwise it should be fine.

Btw material is super soft and cool.... and very easy to take on/off...this is my first apple watch so cant compare to the other silicon band.

Excellent!

Reactions: CarolG and gorkt

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
So can we just return the band or does the whole watch need to be returned like last year?

My wrist measures 17cm and i ordered a size 7. With the silicon sports loop, I use the M/L band on the second hole

pflau

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Let me suggest a more objective approach. I would think everyone here has the original Apple sports band as it comes with most Apple watches. So if you're waring the sports band, tell two things: which hole you are using on which size band on which size watch, and is it a snug fit (next hole down would be very uncomfortable or impossible), or a loose fit (next hole down would be snug), and what size solo loop you end up wearing.
I think this is the most objective approach as in essence we use a universal standard which is the original sports band.

ArPe

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2020
I tried a size 9 which has a perfect fit but the oxygen app doesn’t work unless the Solo Loop is slightly loose. Size 10 made the app work more consistently. But then I was told my size won’t be available for a month. Guess all that martial arts and powerlifting has a downside ?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.