Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
that's not crackling, as you would hear with a blown speaker, that's some sort of electrical interference. I don't think a software patch is going to fix this problem. I predict a recall sometime in the future.

I agree with you on it being interference, however, I am not going to predict a recall. I think Apple Engineers can figure this out.

Just my opinion.

:apple:

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
Sounds like Apple released MacBook Pro 2018 Fart Edition. To me the sound is exactly like that.
Maybe they decided to replace the Chime with this...

EDIT: The more I listen is sounds like Peter Griffin is listening to music after eating some tacos. LOL I feel sorry for the people who experience this but it is funny as hell to me now this sound!

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
yeah, I had this from the start, one of the reasons I decided to return the unit. sw update MIGHT fix it, but didn't want to chance it. Sure, they would replace the unit but I didn't really want the hassle.

Reactions: nvmls

pipis2010

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2015
Greece
Some of the above comments are not surprising already, as this really is a non-issue, as a software patch *should* be able to repair this problem. But some will make it seem like the 2018 MacBook Pro is a ‘failure’ because of the sound crackling.

I think your reply is unfair, because you need to consider that this is a $2k+ laptop, it’s not any crappy laptop...

Reactions: netdudeuk

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
What’s the price have to do with anything? That’s the nature of tech sometimes, is that there are glitches and bugs, just like it is with the Apple Watch, the iPhone, the iPad, those all have patches that repair intermittent issues, as it’s not perfect.

o_O

So this is officially the end of Apple as a quality brand. Now people accept they are paying the premium over other hardware purely for fashion purposes.
[doublepost=1533752982][/doublepost]
For those who experience this, should wait, not to hard use the speakers until the firmware fix will come.
Its a deja vu from 2016 MBP audio drivers in bootcamp, where some used them until they broke the hardware until the fix came

For those who experience this, return the MBP for a refund and let your money sit in your account not Apple's until they fix it.
[doublepost=1533753231][/doublepost]
Some of the above comments are not surprising already, as this really is a non-issue, as a software patch *should* be able to repair this problem. But some will make it seem like the 2018 MacBook Pro is a ‘failure’ because of the sound crackling.

It's a non-issue that some people can't use the speakers on their laptop just because at some point in the future it might be fixed?

calebsexton

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2018
Changing the audio output to something else and back fixes it for me. Mine sounds like digital clock noise, not a speaker defect.

mistasopz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
My friend has a MBP with this issue. He conceded that my $300 Chromebook can play music back in a more pleasing fashion and it even has a better keyboard.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I am sure there will be a fix soon.

Unrelated, I actually got to learn a new artist, in the third video there's a violinist playing, found ot it's
Lindsey Stirling, beautiful music.

Reactions: femike

surfari

Suspended
Jan 2, 2017
I'll get a "pop" noise sometimes if I close or stop VLC player while the video with audio is playing on my 2018 MBP T 15" i9/32 GB RAM/4 GB Video/1TB SSD. Mine has had the supplemental update for the 2018 T-2 equipped MBP T

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
All these issues lately are really making me question whether I should buy a redesigned Mac Pro. It seems like Apple's recent hardware updates for the Mac have been plagued with various issues.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
I remember having this issue when I bought a MBP 2017 13" model. I returned it.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
go to midi setup and change from 44 to 48 on both build in output and microphone
Apple, on all the others macs set default the 48 kHz, but some get their 2018 models with 44 kHz by default

There are a few option under 48kHz, set it to which one?
Cheers

Last edited:

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
I'll get a "pop" noise sometimes if I close or stop VLC player while the video with audio is playing on my 2018 MBP T 15" i9/32 GB RAM/4 GB Video/1TB SSD. Mine has had the supplemental update for the 2018 T-2 equipped MBP T
yes, that think is happening on all them, same if you play radio itunes and mute/unmute...that issue we all have, but that is a minor one since on Mojave beta is already fixed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.