Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ashlee19750

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017
Used ATT site. Kept coming up with some kind of redirect error and I had to keep logging back in. However eventually got it done 256G Sliver... scheduled for Nov 3. Strangely there is some extra item listed in my order with "NOT_AVAILABLE" listed as the description. Contacted ATT and they said that was a some of dummy entry? Anybody else see that on their order.
[doublepost=1509308423][/doublepost]
YES mine says the same thing. I got a nov 3 ship date, but I've also received two emails with completely different dates (one saying December, another saying November 17). I called today and they comfirmed they are still showing 11/3. AT&T is making me so nervous.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I was hoping for release day but am 2-3 weeks as well. Ordered from apple.com as AT&T was showing 16 minutes wait after 3 am. Of course that was after telling me I had a three minute wait and then throwing me back in the queue. The apple store app never showed up for me. I wonder if I had switched to cell service instead of wifi if things would have improved. Anyways tried to get the 256 Silver but it never showed the order button so I panic ordered 256 SG. Got my confirmation email at 317 am. Hoping they will ship earlier.

tdawgum

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2017
18 minutes to be able to order on the App. My husband in the same house got through in 3. We both got Nov 17-24 dates. Had many errors trying to do mine and we'd both gotten pre-authorized for the upgrade program. Another awful iPhone launch. Technically with the upgrade program I can get a new phone in Sept and always try for as early as possible. Well now we're looking at late Nov. Perhaps a class-action lawsuit by those told we could upgrade in 12 months? it's really 13-14.

This is all i've come across which suggests some $ differential for the 2 month loss of value for the wait. Haven't called Citizens yet myself to ask. Cheers
http://bgr.com/2017/09/14/iphone-x-price-iphone-upgrade-program-refund/

dannynjoni

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2010
I'm with AT&T and got the "Couldn't contact your service provider" message promising that my order was reserved. That was about 12:08AM (1:08 Utah time) and I was pretty tired. I tried it again because I wasn't sure if I should trust that my reservation would be held for launch day. Got the same message so decided to just see what happened by morning. I was pleasantly surprised to see my orders were in fact reserved for 11/03 delivery and the final check out went very smoothly. Pretty cool.

FanBoyofApple98

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2017
1 line with silver 256 gb went through no issues, pick in store Nov 3.

Then i tried with 3 other lines, 256gb Space Gray, same message, we cannot reach the carrier. All had Nov 3 delivery. Finally got the email to go back and complete the order and surprise:
1- one line it forced me to get ATT next. So I cancelled it.
2- One allowed me to pay the phone, so I did. Nov 3 delively.
3- one said 2-3 week delivery so I also cancelled.

I had also placed an order for a Friend for T-mobile 256GB Space Gray and got store pickup Nov 3

ATT constantly gives problems. What we were not told is that we could order Tmobile without carrier information.
[doublepost=1509353230][/doublepost]

I also experienced an issue with the Store App and even the website as well, but after two hours, around 5:00AM I remembered that carriers were also doing pre-orders, and I am receiving a 64GB Space Gray model between Nov. 2nd-Nov. 10th. So I think I’m pretty satisfied with my results, the amount of time it took is no longer relevant. Lol.

NeneP

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2017
I got them with no problem... I was sent a shipping number and all and it says two day delivery
[doublepost=1509398578][/doublepost]Mine had know problem but I’m mad because I ordered the silver and when I received my tracking number and stuff come to find out they gave me the space gray.... Got the confirmation saying that my order had been shipped 2 day ups delivery... But I believe it will be the third

sneed1o1

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2017
TX
I am an AT&T customer and used the Apple Store app...finally allowed me to begin the process about 4 minutes after start, and it even said "delivery or pickup by Nov. 3" but when I went to activate, I got the "can't reach the carrier servers" error...which ultimately prompted an alert from Apple that my iPhone X reservation was made, but that they would follow with an email later to complete my order. I just received the follow-up email an hour ago, and now delivery is scheduled between Nov. 17 - Nov. 24. Frustrating for ordering 4 minutes after availability, and frankly, as SOON as the app allowed me...

LITERALLY the exact situation for me...Sadly, there have been no changes in the order status "Order in Progress"...
[doublepost=1509417813][/doublepost]
I find these comments funny simply because even Apple screwed the pooch. I’ve pre ordered 5 iPhones through ATT and received them release day every time. Hell I even ordered the iPhone 6 at 11 am pre order day and received at launch.

Did they show you later shipping dates, and you still received it on launch day?

chelsel

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2007
Bigger screen? I’d check that again. iPhone X screen = 5.8. iPhone 8+ screen = 5.5

5.5 < 5.8

Firstly the iPhone X doesn’t actually have a larger display than the iPhone 8 Plus because it has an elongated 18.5:9 aspect ratio versus the 16:9 ratio Apple had used up to now. Factor in the pixels lost to the notch and the iPhone X actually has a fractionally lower pixel count. Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...one-8-plus-whats-the-difference/#3f20ab521543
[doublepost=1509418083][/doublepost]
Oh please. You are really comparing a mass produced smartphone to a Porsche? In 6 months, everyone from your Grandma to the kid bagging your groceries is going to have an iPhone X.
The post wasn't about how easy it is to get one... in a couple of years you'll be lucky to get $100 for an iPhone X on Gazelle. The point was that the design was already quite good. It will be interesting to see how the real world design holds up when the masses get it. I'm sure I'll try one out in a few months time... but for now, I have the same processor and other features as the iPhone X for less money.

Crustyboarder

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2017
Firstly the iPhone X doesn’t actually have a larger display than the iPhone 8 Plus because it has an elongated 18.5:9 aspect ratio versus the 16:9 ratio Apple had used up to now. Factor in the pixels lost to the notch and the iPhone X actually has a fractionally lower pixel count. Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...one-8-plus-whats-the-difference/#3f20ab521543
[doublepost=1509418083][/doublepost]
The post wasn't about how easy it is to get one... in a couple of years you'll be lucky to get $100 for an iPhone X on Gazelle. The point was that the design was already quite good. It will be interesting to see how the real world design holds up when the masses get it. I'm sure I'll try one out in a few months time... but for now, I have the same processor and other features as the iPhone X for less money.

@chelsel: the article’s author’s logic and math are flawed. The iPhone X has a larger screen and a higher pixel count, pure fact. The aspect ratio is irrelevant.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
I had various queue related issues. The countdown timer actually went up, not down, and when it was my turn the page load timed out. When I reloaded I was now queuing for 20 minutes all over again.

I wasn’t able to get my order in until nearly an hour after the preorder.

Order date: 10/27/2017 at 3:58:43 a.m. ET

However...

Delivery by date:
November 3, 2017

How did you get that delivery date?

I have called ATT three times now and they promis to call me crack and they never do.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
How did you get that delivery date?

I have called ATT three times now and they promis to call me crack and they never do.

I was surprised that I was able to get that delivery date as well. As of right now it’s still sticking so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

It just appeared like AT&T had a sizable quantity of silver models in both sizes. Both stuck to 11/3 long after Apple’s site indicated sold out.

My only theory is AT&T has their own warehouse full of phones in addition to Apple’s inventory.

BravesAndBeers

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2017
Norfolk, VA
Was there ever an outcome for her? I'm having the same problem STILL and I started my preorder at 2:01 AM this morning. It's saying my billing zip code doesn't match but that they reserved me a phone.... but how am I supposed to finish the transaction if my info is incorrect lol. Help if you can! Thanks!
I’m a little late, but no resolution and she ended up getting hers 5-6 weeks shipped. So we are resorting to waiting in line.

Iskate4brak

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017
Shipped! Be here tomorrow. Still no idea how at least an hour and a half in and 3-4 kicks back in the queue landed me a launch day phone.

DudeDad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
This is as tired and ridiculous an argument as "eat your peas; there are starving children in Africa."

It is 2017. Virtual door-buster events have been a thing on the Internet for a very, very long time. Hell, Apple has had ten years of iPhone debuts to get this right and they still haven't.

I am not an expert on Internet deployments to handle things like this, but got damnit, Apple has literally billions of dollars in cash that they can use to acquire more expertise if the huge staff of experts they already employ for this are insufficient.

The only explanation for the continued failures of the store on these big launches is that Apple doesn't care. And it's clear given their sales that - just like the Soup Nazi - they don't have to.

The complaint was about AT&T's web page, not Apple's. Thanks for playing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.