Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

X3n0n

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2016
France
Hi every one,

I installed laster Public Beta this week, and I noticed that :
- iCloud Photo seems broken (checkbox is unchecked in iCloud settings, I saw some peoples having the same problem here
- iMessage doesn't use my phone number anymore, no more iMessage sync between iPhone/Mac, no more SMS transfer

Have you noticed something similar ?

Regards,

edit : Okay, solved for iMessage/FaceTime, I had to log on again in Settings -> Message -> Send & Receive, tap on use apple id on top.

Last edited:

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Hi every one,

- iCloud Photo seems broken (checkbox is unchecked in iCloud settings, I saw some peoples having the same problem here
- iMessage doesn't use my phone number anymore, no more iMessage sync between iPhone/Mac, no more SMS transfer

Regards,

edit : Okay, solved for iMessage/FaceTime, I had to log on again in Settings -> Message -> Send & Receive, tap on use apple id on top.
Yep, you properly started a new thread for this. :)

There's already been some discussion about it here, however: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...e-little-things.1977110/page-28#post-23297081

Basically, the feature is always enabled, regardless of an inability to check the box.

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
Hi every one,

Regards,

I message seems fine to me.

iCloud Photos, I can't check the box under, Settings -> iCloud. However iCloud photos remains enabled in the Photos app itself and continues to work normally as far as I can tell.

archvile

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
I message seems fine to me.

iCloud Photos, I can't check the box under, Settings -> iCloud. However iCloud photos remains enabled in the Photos app itself and continues to work normally as far as I can tell.

Not here, I can't get any of my iCloud photos to show up, and for some reason since updating my iPhone to the iOS 10 beta (at the same time), almost all of my photos are duplicated. iCloud storage shows ~13GB of photos (which is correct), Photos on Mac won't show any photos; iPhone shows correct number of photos in the app but the storage is taking around 23 GB on the device, which is impossible as I don't have that many photos...until I noticed that tons of them are duplicated. Also, Photos on the web is showing the dupes as well, but also just says ~13GB of space used by photos. I don't know what the hell is going on... I'll probably just nuke everything once the GM comes out and start over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.