Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this morning began accepting pre-orders for the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max, and now just hours later, the first orders have moved into the "preparing to ship" phase as Apple prepares to send the new iPhones out to customers.

iphone-15-preparing-to-ship.jpg

Customers in the United States should soon be able to begin tracking their orders through the UPS My Choice feature, or through the UPS website using a reference number like a phone number or the Apple order number. Orders typically ship from China and Apple does not change the shipping status until they are scanned into a central distribution hub in the United States.

iPhone shipments will begin arriving to customers on Friday, September 22. As with every new product release, Apple users in Australia and New Zealand will be the first to get their orders due to time zone differences.

iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max models began selling out within an hour after pre-orders went live this morning, and orders for some colors and capacities are now delayed until October or November. Some locations may still have pre-order stock available for in-store pickup, and those who were not able to place a pre-order in time may be able to just go to the store on launch day to pick up a new device, as Apple often has extra stock for in-store purchases.

Cases and accessories are expected to arrive before the new iPhones and have already begun shipping out.

Article Link: Some iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro Pre-Orders Now 'Preparing to Ship' Ahead of September 22 Launch

Mark0019

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2023

Apple this morning began accepting pre-orders for the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max, and now just hours later, the first orders have moved into the "preparing to ship" phase as Apple prepares to send the new iPhones out to customers.

iphone-15-preparing-to-ship.jpg

Customers in the United States should soon be able to begin tracking their orders through the UPS My Choice feature, or through the UPS website using a reference number like a phone number or the Apple order number. Orders typically ship from China and Apple does not change the shipping status until they are scanned into a central distribution hub in the United States.

iPhone shipments will begin arriving to customers on Friday, September 22. As with every new product release, Apple users in Australia and New Zealand will be the first to get their orders due to time zone differences.

iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max models began selling out within an hour after pre-orders went live this morning, and orders for some colors and capacities are now delayed until October or November. Some locations may still have pre-order stock available for in-store pickup, and those who were not able to place a pre-order in time may be able to just go to the store on launch day to pick up a new device, as Apple often has extra stock for in-store purchases.

Cases and accessories are expected to arrive before the new iPhones and have already begun shipping out.

Article Link: Some iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro Pre-Orders Now 'Preparing to Ship' Ahead of September 22 Launch
Really curious to see the camera reviews first before I buy, don’t really impressed me, much talk they did but most of the things are not great, hate that they don’t made the periscope lens, now they will just cut again from the main sensor and the 5x zoom I hope that haves good quality, battery same as 14 and processor only 10-15% faster, will definitely wait for the reviews.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Mine has flipped to “preparing to ship,” but that doesn’t mean any of ours will get to us any sooner than the 22nd.

And, knowing my UPS driver, it’ll be late on the 22nd too! They love to circle my block for hours, teasing me. :/

Where/how do I determine this information: "...orders for some colors and capacities are now delayed until October or November." TIA for the 411.
You’ll get a tracking number once it changes to “shipped.”

In my UPS app, it’ll automatically tell me that I have something on the way, but if yours doesn’t, you can just click on the tracking number and the phone will take you there.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Mine's "Preparing..." (Pro blue 512). Last time I ordered a new phone, it got to my local UPS hub by Wednesday, but UPS held it up until Friday! Under very strict orders from Apple, I'm sure lol.
Yeah, they get in trouble if they deliver early, but a few always slip through. I’ve been hoping to be that lucky mistake for years. No dice.

garethedmondson

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2015
Mine isn't coming until week 2nd October. Local store (Cardiff) not stocking. Hard to believe. The whole thing is nuts - just make enough already!!! Not impressed. Still waiting for the Apple order to go through as I financed through Barclays (that has gone through).

Bet it gets pushed back again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.