MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While the new 24-inch iMac with the M1 chip is still over a week away from launching, a few lucky customers are beginning to see their orders marked as "shipped" on Apple's online store, with a May 21 delivery date.

m1-imac-in-use.jpg

MacRumors readers Jean-François and Emmanuel, both from Canada, let us know that their orders moved to "shipped" status starting today.

For customers who still see their iMac order in the "processing" or "preparing to ship" stages, this is still normal at this time. Many of the initial orders that are now shifting to "shipped" status are likely custom built-to-order configurations from Apple's online store, with shipments coming directly from China following assembly.

Powered by Apple's M1 chip with an 8-core CPU and up to an 8-core GPU, the new iMac can be configured with up to 16GB of unified memory and up to 2TB of SSD storage. There's also a minimum of two Thunderbolt 3/USB 4 ports, with an additional two USB 3 ports on higher-end models. The new iMac is just 11.5mm thick and available in up to seven colors, including green, yellow, orange, pink, purple, blue, and silver.

The new iMac became available to order on Apple.com starting April 30, with pricing starting at $1,299 in the United States.

Article Link: Some M1 iMac Orders Begin Shifting to 'Shipped' Status With May 21 Delivery

Last edited:

ExxonVS

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2020
CTO iMac order completed 5 minutes after opening the pre-ordering, card not charged yet, still in “processing” status. 😩🥺

• Sad
Reactions: progx

joshthenongamer

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2020
I am surprised these Mac's and iPad's were not ready to go shortly after the April event. Apple could probably have killed some of the controversy about the iMac's light grey bezel if reviewers got their hands on the iMac quicker.

Reactions: caligurl

Coolio1234

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2017
Wonder if this means us iPad Pro buyers will see something similar today for the same delivery date

ColdShadow

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2013
Why they removed the Apple logo from front? these look awful 😢 I will never buy one and I’ve been an iMac fan and user for 2 decades

• Disagree
Reactions: DanTSX

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I thought I could get used to that front, but I just can't. It feels very dated and child-like to me. I am sure plenty will want the machine, but it just reminds me of OS 9 for some reason. Hoping for a darker scheme on future machines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.