Some SOB cut my Christmas lights

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mousse, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

[rant] I'm pissed. Really, pissed. Really, really pissed. Some SOB cut my Christmas lights. What kind of lowlife would cut another man's Christmas decoration?[/rant]

I'm pretty sure it's the same SOB who broke my car window 3 months ago, IN MY DRIVEWAY! The same SOB who trampled on my wife's flowers.

[threat] That piece of you-know-what better hope the cops get to him first. If the cops get him, he better pray to God for leniency. If I get him, he better curse the gods, because there will be no hope for him. [/threat]

There. I feel better getting that off my chest. This will probably end up in the wasteland.:p

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I say put out some bait and get a good night vision camera and see what happens.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Actually, this action could be seen as an attack on Christmas. The religious types will get riled up an this will end up in PRSI.

Sorry for all that c**p you are going through.

4. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Here, somone drove a car or truck over someone's lawn and drestroyed an extensive christmas lawn display. Clearly on purpose.

And relating to the camera idea...on the news the other day, someone filmed a thief stealing christmas presents off their front porch..which FedEx had dropped of earlier.

Tis the season for criminal mayhem, fa la la la la....

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

+1 ... probably some punk vandals ... who usually get caught because they have no respect for other people's property and even less common sense.

6. Mousse thread starter macrumors 68000

Mousse

I've been thinking about on installing some CCTV around the outside for a while now. I'm waiting for the OK from my Boss aka Mrs. Mousse aka She-who-must-be-obeyed.:eek: Let's see which straw will be the last straw.

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

8. snberk103 macrumors 603

Ummm, isn't the whole point of the season to celebrate the birth of someone who preached the forgiveness, turn-the-other-cheek, thing?

And I don't mean that in a preachy way. It sucks. File a police report, there may be a spate of incidents, and the cops might actually be working on it. Then go get a big, spiked, egg-nog and enjoy the season....

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

1. Set up bait Xmas lights
    2. Buy high precision Sniper rifle
    3. Hide somewhere by your bushes.
    4. Wait
    5. ????
    6. PROFIT!!

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Keep your damn Christmas lights out of my bedroom.

11. PatrickCocoa macrumors 6502a

One side of the story

Guys, all we have to go on is the original poster's report. He's had three incidents (cut Christmas lights, broken car window, trampled flowers) and reports (with no evidence) that it's the same guy.

Reading his comments it's obvious he's angry. Is that legitimate anger or does he have anger management issues?

It's entirely possible that the original poster is not a nice guy and has some running feud with one or more neighbors. Does he have four barking dogs that howl all night when he's out at the bars? Does he have three teenage sons that are vandalizing the neighborhood? Does he drive his motorcycle Sunday morning up and down the street? Is is fence actually on a neighbor's property and he won't move it? Does he have wild backyard parties more than once a month? Does he keep the baseballs and basketballs that roll onto his property? Does he rule the homeowners' association with an iron fist and not allow anyone paint their house ecru when he thinks they should paint it sandstone?

Of course, it's also possible he's angel, sent from heaven to unite us in brotherly love.

12. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Even if any of that were true, revenge is not a legitimate justification for vandalism. There are proper courses of action to deal with annoying neighbors without escalating it into petty crimes.

Still, I'd go with the CCTV approach to figure out who's causing the trouble. If it ends up being one specific purpose, then you can pursue charges.

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I had 4 huge snowmen up in my yard and some kids came by as knocked them down and stomped on them. :(

14. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

and the problem with this? where are our invites? :cool:

15. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Quick, phone the Police. ;)

16. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Find out who did it and go take a poop on their porch.

17. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

That's whom I would suppose to be the culprit. I say just fix the lights and put a Burmese tiger pit in front of them:p.

18. Mousse thread starter macrumors 68000

Mousse

I'm mad, Mad, MAD!!! (in both sense of the word.;))

Er...no.

1. The only thing I hate more than dogs are barking dogs.
    2. I don't drink
    3. Don't have any sons. I've got a few lovely daughters who get their good looks from their mom, thank god.;)
    4. Don't own a motorcycle
    5. The fence bordering the property line was erected by my neighbors, but I don't know if it crosses into my land or not. I really don't care about that.

Oh yeah! I'd love to invite you all but by backyard is tiny. If you take a step out the back door, all you see is a pile of baseballs/basketballs stacked against a poorly built fence.

I hate my HOA or as call them the Home Owners Assho...er...ciation. I want reroof with in golden cedar instead of the current ugly brown, but the Assh...er...ciation won't approve it.

Hahaha...

19. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Welcome to the real world. These days, people suck. Even the better educated ones.

I have a neighbor that broke into my garage to steal an almost new tiller. The next day she was brazenly using it in her yard to till ground to plant a few tomato plants. I called the cops, who showed up and did nothing because she claimed she only "borrowed it" and intended to return it. Unfortunately she had ruined the engine because she ran it without any oil in it.

These neighbors aren't exactly lowlifes. The husband is a college professor and the wife has a college degree. She recently was appointed head of a committee to attract new businesses to the city.

The day after my mother died the son of another neighbor shot out every window and the headlights in my mom's car with a pellet gun. The car had 6000 miles on it. The cops were called but the cops refused to do anything because the neighbor was an ex-cop who was currently working for the city as manager of the street department.

Later that same year, the first neighbor dug up about 12 dozen orchids, irises, and other flowers from my yard. With a week or so, she and her kids managed to steal my 100+ pound concrete bird bath. They proudly set it up in her yard just across the street from my place.

Again, the cops did nothing. The only thing they know how to do is write speeding tickets. I've since installed cameras on my property. If something happens in the future I won't bother with the cops. I'll take the matter to civil court.

20. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Growing up in town, my brother and I used to shoot single lights out of our neighbour's vast array of lights on his roof. It was a blast watching him up there every weekend testing every. single. tiny. bulb. :D

...in retrospect, gosh we were little monsters. :/

21. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

The SOB probably doesn't like Christmas or is from a different religion.

Sucks balls OP :(

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Localoid, if I had your neighbours, and they stole stuff out of my garage, stole something huge off my lawn, and dug up my flowers, I'd call the cops again and log all calls to the police, take down the names of the idiot cops who ignored you, then reported them to their boss. Even cops need to answer to someone.

That, or call the media and "out" the neighbours.

Or you could sue the police.

Worst case scenario, I'd brick their house and car, and maybe their faces.

23. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You are a more level headed person than I. This ^^^ would be my first course of action. Then, of course, I would brick the windows, windshields, and children (yes.) of the police that responded to the call.

24. Mousse thread starter macrumors 68000

Mousse

You guys are such nice guys. Have you every seen those TV reports where they interview neighbors of a serial killer/crazed gunman? What's the most common comment from the neighbors? "He was such a nice, quiet man." or "He mostly kept to himself, never bothered nobody." Well, THAT'S ME. A quiet neighbor who keeps to himself and never bothers anybody. I'm beginning to understand WHY the quiet ones goes ape sh-- crazy. It's their annoying neighbor. A camel can only handle so much straw. Sometimes I wonder when TV reporters are gonna interview my neighbors about the "quiet neighbor" who filled some SOB's innards full of lead.

BTW, the lights are fixed. The sniper rifle is cocked, the Burmese tigers have not been feed in 2 days and the night vision cameras are up.:D Watch for it on YouTube.:p I've got some bricks ready as Plan B.;)

25. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The more I think about it, the more I think I'd just opt to try to meet with a "higher-up" in the police department, and then brick your neighbour's house for whatever that bird bath is worth. Once the police refuse to handle your case anymore, payback is no longer a last resort. You've gone through the legal way.

And why haven't you gone over and stolen back the bird-bath?? I would have, and perhaps more.