Sonix Snap! Iphone 4 case review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jefftroll, Jul 1, 2010.

1. jefftroll macrumors member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miOTJJjNDhw

Ordered this from mygearstore.com the other day with a coupon from their twitter feed. It is like a feather in feel and fit but actually provides more protection on the sides and provides just a tad of table top protection.

Attached Files:

2. Uabcar macrumors 6502

Looks nice. Hows the fit? It looks good from the pics. Does it have a rubberized feel to it - not totally slippery like a hard plastic case - but also not completely sticky like a silicon case.

I ordered a similar case for my iPad just after they shipped and it didn't fit right at all.

Nevermind- just watched the video. nice job. Think I may order this one. Thanks

3. jefftroll thread starter macrumors member

Fit is good. Has a marshmellow texture to it if you are familiar with that term. If you have ever had a incipio feather it feels like that and fits like that. Just goes up higher on the sides and has just enough lip on the top to get it up off the table top. The screens that are included have cut out for the front camera. I'll be shooting a video of the install with the anti glare film for my wife's phone later tonight and will probably post it.

4. Uabcar macrumors 6502

great. I'm interested in the anti-glare shield- whether it impacts the screen res much. I've got the PowerSupport anti-glare on my 3GS and really like it- but I'm not sure how it would look on my 4.

5. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

i really like how it looks, very elegant and slim..

the only thing that has me concerned is that if i drop my phone (which i do A LOT)is that the "snap-on" case will snap-off if it falls face down.. :(

even thou i HATE those tight silicone cases that might be the only option i have when it comes to protection.. .. ugh... i hate those but is better than getting my phone cracked..

6. Greeney03 macrumors member

Nice!!! I might get this. You cant beat the price either! Good review man!

Also, can you post a picture here using your phone with flash please? Thanks!

7. jefftroll thread starter macrumors member

Here is a screen with the anti glare protector that was included. I missed the camera hole line up just a tad and trapped a piece of lint on one part. I tried taking the best pictures I could. It looks pretty clear. Some of the blur in the pictures could just be to noise from the dlsr sony alpha 100 I was using. I have not perfected that camera yet.

Attached Files:

8. jefftroll thread starter macrumors member

Get a switcheasy case when they come out. They will offer a lot of protection if you drop your phone a lot and are not ugly as sin like those otterbox cases.

9. jefftroll thread starter macrumors member

Sonix Snap flash test per request.

Attached Files:

10. Greeney03 macrumors member

I appreciate that! Looks pretty clear to me! How's the feel though? Does it feel rubbery? Or glassy?

11. Greeney03 macrumors member

Again thanks for these photos! That seals the deal for me! Thanks for your help man!

12. keeganxt macrumors regular

Not so fast, it has to be a wide shot in a pretty dark room to see the blue glare from the flash.

13. oldschooldude macrumors regular

Question for OP:

Any concerns about dust and dirt getting in between case and back of phone and causing scratches?

14. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

This looks really nice, I wonder if it would fit over a wrapsol skin...

15. coasterider macrumors regular

On that last picture you can clearly see where the flash is being disrupted by the case.

16. Greeney03 macrumors member

Not as bad as other cases though..

17. VTAb182 macrumors regular

It looks like the case is getting in the way of the lens itself! Most noticeable in the last picture, it looks like the black case is cutting into the shot.

18. jefftroll thread starter macrumors member

More pictures using flash from further away. This room was only lit from a light source down the hall.

Attached Files:

19. jefftroll thread starter macrumors member

Here are some test shots I took at work. I think what looks like the case getting in the way is just bad reflection from something in my office last night. You can see from these pictures that nothing is interfering with the shots. I still think this case is a better buy over the feather. It covers all the way up over the sides.

Attached Files:

20. VTAb182 macrumors regular

Oh wow I think I was just seeing the flash in the center of the shot and the dark room at the edges. Thanks for the pictures and the review! It was wither this or the case mate barely there, but i think I'm gonna go for this one because I don't really like the apple logo cut out. Is the 20% off coupon you used still active? And if so, what is it?

21. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

thnx man i appreciate the info.. i'll keep an eye on the company

22. coasterider macrumors regular

Thats not the case over the lens, its the case over the flash. I have similar problems with my Sony A-300. Some lenses disrupt the pop up flash creating a dark circle shadow at the bottom of the picture.

23. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Thanks for the review.
    Just ordered a black one.
    Going to use my steinheil ultra crystal screen protector with this.

Ill post pics once I receive it.

24. vegastime macrumors regular

Just ordered this from costco. Figure they have a great return policy, if I want to return. Will decide between this and the bumper that I was finally able topick up today,

25. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie