Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Sonos Discounting Speakers, Sound Bars, and More for Black Friday (Up to $200 Off)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Sonos recently began its Black Friday sale, with new discounts on its speakers, sound bars, and more. These sales take up to $200 off Sonos' products, and also include a few combo sets if you're looking to set up a home audio entertainment area.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Sonos. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The new Sonos sale will run all week and end on Monday, November 30. Some speakers do have delayed shipping estimates due to demand, so products like the Sonos Move in black won't ship out until November 27, but most other devices are available to ship today.

Solo Products

• Move - $299, down from $399
  • Beam - $299, down from $399
  • Sub - $599, down from $699
Sets

Be sure to visit our full Black Friday Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related discounts coming this week.

Article Link: Sonos Discounting Speakers, Sound Bars, and More for Black Friday (Up to $200 Off)

pilotpat

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
I agree. I don't want features that I don't care for and may have unexpected consequences. Also, expect your Sonos gear to be obsolete in 5-10 years.
If you don't want to use the features, don't enable them. If you don't enable them, what unexpected consequences would you run into? Also, if you think the first gen Homepod will still be supported in 10 years, well, let's just say prepare to be dissapointed.

Reactions: The Barron
Comment

DeepIn2U

macrumors 604
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Love my Sonos gear! You think Apple will still be supporting current generation hompods in 10 years?
Well we know what Sonos thinks of their 4yr equipment lol - they purposely brick them and ONLY revert when tones of press and user backlash happens.

Apple has supported their computers - 6yrs (7 yrs vintage no repairs), and phones/tablets (5yrs). Some people with the original Apple Speaker have had repairs longer than 10yrs, at least in the USA.

Comment

JeepGuy

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
Barrie
I have them all over for whole home audio (8 zones 12 speakers + port), and they work really good, They will work with Siri as long as you use your iphone, or any Siri enable apple device, and at the time when I bought them they worked with every music service, which apple did not. The other thing I like about it is the Port, which is an input and output device you add to your stereo, so any source including my turntable can be streamed.

Reactions: wlossw and CarlJ
Comment

pilotpat

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
Well we know what Sonos thinks of their 4yr equipment lol - they purposely brick them and ONLY revert when tones of press and user backlash happens.

Apple has supported their computers - 6yrs (7 yrs vintage no repairs), and phones/tablets (5yrs). Some people with the original Apple Speaker have had repairs longer than 10yrs, at least in the USA.
Original Apple speaker? Are you talking about beats? Because the homepod is only 3 years old.

Comment

JeepGuy

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
Barrie

They didn't brick anything, they were going to drop support for older devices (no updates), but they would continue to keep working.

Comment

bodonnell202

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That was only if customers activated recycle mode to trade them in for a discount on newer Sonos products. Sonos just this year moved some of their products, which date back to 2006 to legacy support status, but they still work with the older app. I'll ask again, do you really expect the current generation Homepod to still be receiving software updates in 10 years?

Comment

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
The Move is a fantastic product. Acts as an Airplay 2 target with similar sound profile as the HomePod, plus it can be moved around as needed and used as a bluetooth speaker when out. I also have a play 5 and two play 1s along with other HomePODs at various places.

All of the devices work well together via Airplay 2. Love Sonos.

Comment

rmhop81

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Dallas, TX

yeah bc apple is just the perfect company lol

Comment

rmhop81

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Dallas, TX
The Move is a fantastic product. Acts as an Airplay 2 target with similar sound profile as the HomePod, plus it can be moved around as needed and used as a bluetooth speaker when out. I also have a play 5 and two play 1s along with other HomePODs at various places.

All of the devices work well together via Airplay 2. Love Sonos.
yeah they are awesome. I got rid of 9 homepods and switched everything over to Sonos. Best move ever. Things work so nicely!

Comment

knappeduivel

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2016
If you don't want to use the features, don't enable them. If you don't enable them, what unexpected consequences would you run into? Also, if you think the first gen Homepod will still be supported in 10 years, well, let's just say prepare to be dissapointed.
Features can be enabled after an update, a internet-enabled microphone can be hacked into.

Sonos is not supposed to be an alternative for a homepod but a serious audio system and has a price tag to go with it.

• Disagree
Reactions: rmhop81
Comment

IIGS User

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
No Bluetooth

No reason in this day and age for no Bluetooth.

I ordered one for my office and oh SO wanted to enjoy it, and couldn't use it.

• Disagree
Reactions: rmhop81
Comment

pilotpat

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
Features can be enabled after an update, a internet-enabled microphone can be hacked into.

Sonos is not supposed to be an alternative for a homepod but a serious audio system and has a price tag to go with it.
Umm, ok. And if someone wants to go through all of the trouble to hack into my mic through the internet so they can listen to me yell at my dog for puking on the bed, I guess whatever. Apparently I am not paranoid enough?

I know what Sonos is supposed to be, I have them all over my house, and they are exactly what they are supposed to be. Thanks for the info. Your reply on the other hand doesn't make sense. What exactly is the homepod supposed to be, seems to me it was intended to be a serious audio system and has a price tag to go with it. The homepod was essentially Apples answer to Sonos.

Comment

thederby

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2007
Austin, TX
Well we know what Sonos thinks of their 4yr equipment lol
IIRC, the devices they recently deemed legacy had been launched 10+ years prior.
  • Bridge
  • Connect (Launched 2008)
  • Connect:Amp (Launched 2008)
  • CR200 (Launched 2009)
  • Play:5 Gen1 (Launched 2009)
  • ZP80, 90, 100, 120 (Launched 2006, 2008, 2005, 2008)
I didn't throw a fit when Apple announced my 2012 Mac Mini wasn't going to get Big Sur.

Comment

sw1tcher

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004

From my understanding, Sonos wasn't bricking their speakers for no reason.

Legacy Sonos equipment owners were willingly taking the company up on an upgrade offer of 30 percent off new equipment. In exchange for the upgrade discount, Sonos users were to instructed to activate a "Recycle Mode" on the old equipment they'd be upgrading from. The old equipment was then to be sent to Sonos for recycling, or dropped off at a recycling center of the owners choosing.

The "bricking" was to prevent people from getting the 30 percent discount and also keeping or reselling the old equipment, and to actually recycle it as was intended by the upgrade program. How else would Sonos be able to prevent people from taking advantage?

If you don't want your old equipment "bricked" then don't take the upgrade offer. Or sell the old equipment on your own and use the proceeds to buy something new.

Reactions: jlozoya and CarlJ
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.