Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Sony today shared a new offer that allows PS5 owners to claim a six month extended free trial of Apple TV+. This offer is available only for people who own a PS5, and can only be redeemed once per PS5 console before July 22, 2022.

apple-tv-image-block-01-ps5-en-15jul21.jpeg

If you already have Apple TV+ you can still redeem this offer, but if you subscribe to Apple TV+ through Apple One, you won't be eligible to get the deal. You'll need to have an Apple ID with a payment method tied to the account as well.

To get the deal, search for the Apple TV app on the PS5 search bar, or in the Media home under "all apps." From there you can download the app if you haven't already, sign in with your Apple ID, and the six month free trial will be applied to your account automatically.

Once the six month free trial ends, Apple TV+ will renew at $4.99 per month until cancelled.

Article Link: Sony Offering PS5 Owners An Extended Six Month Free Trial of Apple TV+

reallynotnick

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Supposedly yes. There was an offer like this from Target, where people saying they stacked that as well.
It never worked for me to stack them, would give an error saying "only for new subscribers", curious though since mine is running out this month if it will work after it runs out.

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Supposedly yes. There was an offer like this from Target, where people saying they stacked that as well.
No, the offer is not appearing for me. Looks like it doesn't stack. Oh well. I've already activated my year with my Apple device as of a week ago.

Herrpod

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2019
No, the offer is not appearing for me. Looks like it doesn't stack. Oh well. I've already activated my year with my Apple device as of a week ago.
It’s not up yet. But when it is, you should expect to have six months added to the end of your current sub. According to the fine print, anyway.

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
Tone deaf AF Sony. I'm not a console gamer, but clearly Sony needs to focus on PS5 retail availability rather than simply contenting itself with throwing another log (or maybe in this case 'twig') on the scalper-exploitative-douche-bag bonfire that continues to, more or less, rage out of control. There may not be a 'good' solution to the problem, but I would like to see at least a tiny bit of 'try harder / try different' to disrupt the current situation.

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
This is a brilliant move btw. PS5 owners would love Mythic Quest - that could get it the audience it sorely needs right now.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Was lucky enough to notice when PS5s were available at Target back in January and snagged one. Is this good for a year from purchase or a year from now? I'll redeem it close to when Mythic Quest has a new season...

Herrpod

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2019
Tone deaf AF Sony. I'm not a console gamer, but clearly Sony needs to focus on PS5 retail availability rather than simply contenting itself with throwing another log (or maybe in this case 'twig') on the scalper-exploitative-douche-bag bonfire that continues to, more or less, rage out of control. There may not be a 'good' solution to the problem, but I would like to see at least a tiny bit of 'try harder / try different' to disrupt the current situation.
What should they do? They are selling directly to their own customers via a lottery to avoid scalpers. They can’t control what other retailers do.

Reactions: nickgovier

Herrpod

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2019
Was lucky enough to notice when PS5s were available at Target back in January and snagged one. Is this good for a year from purchase or a year from now? I'll redeem it close to when Mythic Quest has a new season...
You’ll be waiting awhile. It has not been renewed and the creators have said there’s no plans for a third season yet. The way the second season ended, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was over unfortunately.

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
Convenient. Now I get season 2 of Ted Lasso for free. Was going to wait until most were out then pay for a single month.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
pretty nice! my free trial just ran up from getting SE2 in spring 2020 and renewed for an additional month

ill take the extra 6

• Love
Reactions: Ar40

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
Letting the price float would ameliorate some of the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.