Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
I've got a SBSS on order for the first time. I've owned the space gray version of the Series 1 and Series 3 and have always just stuck with the provided bands (black Sport and black Nike+ Sport). I've always been happy with how the space gray looks with the black bands.

The SS model I pre-ordered has the black Sport band included but I'm wondering how that's going to look and which bands I could potentially plan on purchasing to dress it up for different occasions. Can current/previous owners of the SBSS provide photos of it with the band(s) you use or have used?

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
My current is a series 3 space black. Absolutely loved the watch... didn’t love many of the band combinations. Before I had a a regular SS.

My favorite combo for the SBSS are the red sports band, such a striking look, and my all time favorite is this band I got from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Oittm-Watch-Stainless-Replacement-Black/dp/B01N305UDA

I got it in the bright black variant and it’s GORGEOUS. It matches the shine of the space black and it’s a very sharp combo. I wore this band 90% of the time and got complimented on it every day.

cjrulli

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
I purchased a Nomad band (brown leather with black connectors) after seeing some recommendations on the forum. I'm currently wearing it on my S0 SG before my S4 SS SB comes in. I think it looks and feels fantastic. Excited to put it n the new S4 SB.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
My current is a series 3 space black. Absolutely loved the watch... didn’t love many of the band combinations. Before I had a a regular SS.

My favorite combo for the SBSS are the red sports band, such a striking look, and my all time favorite is this band I got from amazon:

I got it in the bright black variant and it’s GORGEOUS. It matches the shine of the space black and it’s a very sharp combo. I wore this band 90% of the time and got complimented on it every day.
I have one very similar to this in space gray that I wear to work now and then. I don't think the brand name is the same but it did come with the link remover pictured on that one.

I'm seriously considering one of the Sport Loops but hoping to see or hear from someone who has used them.

Reactions: SHKLMRE

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have one very similar to this in space gray that I wear to work now and then. I don't think the brand name is the same but it did come with the link remover pictured on that one.

I'm seriously considering one of the Sport Loops but hoping to see or hear from someone who has used them.

I too have a sport loop! I have the navy blue one. I really love it. It’s super comfy. Really light. My only problem with it is that I’m not a fan of how it looks with the space black, but when I put it on my stainless steel, it looks beautiful. I’m sure other color combos would be great with it though.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't just cancel my SS order and stick with space gray aluminum. I feel like you can wear pretty much anything with it and it's more of a fitness device for me anyway.

Reactions: oeagleo

Barbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2008
I just ordered my first ever Apple Watch. A 44mm SS SB, so I will be following this thread closely. I got the black sports band and for an extra band I ordered a black sports loop band.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
I just ordered my first ever Apple Watch. A 44mm SS SB, so I will be following this thread closely. I got the black sports band and for an extra band I ordered a black sports loop band.
The black sport loop is what I was considering. My wife has the flash sport loop and loves it.

Reactions: Barbs

plexdk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
I just ordered the SBSS with the apple forest green leather band. Hopefully I’ll like it since I haven’t seen it in person

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't just cancel my SS order and stick with space gray aluminum. I feel like you can wear pretty much anything with it and it's more of a fitness device for me anyway.

The watch is so versatile, you can make the Apple Watch really whatever you want with any band. But if you don’t value the Sapphire display and aesthetics with the stainless, then perhaps the aluminum would be the better option for you. For me, I really want the stainless Apple Watch and sapphire display, both of those to me are worth the upgrade, but I can understand why the price point is not reflective of everybody else’s choice.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
The watch is so versatile, you can make the Apple Watch really whatever you want with any band. But if you don’t value the Sapphire display and aesthetics with the stainless, then perhaps the aluminum would be the better option for you. For me, I really want the stainless Apple Watch and sapphire display, both of those to me are worth the upgrade, but I can understand why the price point is not reflective of everybody else’s choice.
The price has no impact on which I buy since I already budgeted for the stainless model. This is strictly aesthetics making me second-guess my choice but the sapphire display and higher scratch resistance on the body are definitely on my radar. Now that I've spent a little more time digging around past threads and other sites, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

playaproved

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
My only gripe with the SBSS and bands is they don’t make the classic bands with black lugs.

I wear the black Milanese when I want to dress up a bit. The combo is quite nice.

All of the sport bands and leather loops look amazing with the SBSS. The nylon bands look good too, the white connectors don’t bother me too much.

I have a ton of sport bands, I’ll probably splurge on a couple of leather loops this year as I have most colors of the sport bands in one hue or another.

Reactions: Rangers94

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
My only gripe with the SBSS and bands is they don’t make the classic bands with black lugs.

I wear the black Milanese when I want to dress up a bit. The combo is quite nice.

All of the sport bands and leather loops look amazing with the SBSS. The nylon bands look good too, the white connectors don’t bother me too much.

I have a ton of sport bands, I’ll probably splurge on a couple of leather loops this year as I have most colors of the sport bands in one hue or another.
Good to hear!

Care to share some photos of the leather loops? They're one of the variations I'm considering.

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014

Good to know the sports bands match up well with the SBSS which I ordered in 44mm. Would love to see a pic of a sport loop band paired with the SBSS.
I’d also love to see the product Red regular Sport Band with the SBSS. I think that combo would look real sharp!

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
Enjoy!! Here are my regular bands i use with my space black stainless!

Black and red sports band. The black link bracelet I found on amazon. Gold Milanese loop. Blue sports loop. Black woven nylon band.

Attachments

• 25B9FEA8-594C-476A-81EB-2CACBBE4EB51.jpeg
    25B9FEA8-594C-476A-81EB-2CACBBE4EB51.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 791
  • FEB58CB6-91B4-46A9-9F25-36AA29A3D1B9.jpeg
    FEB58CB6-91B4-46A9-9F25-36AA29A3D1B9.jpeg
    972 KB · Views: 805
  • CCE8FC93-4396-479A-A70E-1F4EE1B9C1FC.jpeg
    CCE8FC93-4396-479A-A70E-1F4EE1B9C1FC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 781
  • 973BED82-ED4C-47C3-A89C-521173BDCBBA.jpeg
    973BED82-ED4C-47C3-A89C-521173BDCBBA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,195
  • 43FC6968-2AC6-4316-88B8-00D76B5A27D8.jpeg
    43FC6968-2AC6-4316-88B8-00D76B5A27D8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 805
  • 67E9EA42-1E3B-4632-BAA5-BBD24DD1B1D4.jpeg
    67E9EA42-1E3B-4632-BAA5-BBD24DD1B1D4.jpeg
    975.3 KB · Views: 780
Reactions: cwanja and svgn

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Enjoy!! Here are my regular bands i use with my space black stainless!

Black and red sports band. The black link bracelet I found on amazon. Gold Milanese loop. Blue sports loop. Black woven nylon band.

Thanks for the pics! They all look great. I especially like the black link bracelet. The red sport band looks sweet with the SBSS. Definitely a fashion statement. You don’t happen to have the link from amazon for that link bracelet do you? Has the material held up on it? From the pic it looks like it has.

SHKLMRE

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the pics! They all look great. I especially like the black link bracelet. The red sport band looks sweet with the SBSS. Definitely a fashion statement. You don’t happen to have the link from amazon for that link bracelet do you? Has the material held up on it? From the pic it looks like it has.

The band has been great. I’ve had it for a few months and it still looks brand new. It takes the watch to a whole new level. It’s the “bright black” version.

Reactions: Rangers94

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
I've had the SBSS in every version of the watch and love it. The original series zero was only available with the SB link bracelet and so I still have that which is my favourite - though is no way I could now justify spending so much on it! Had the original been available with etc sports band (as it is now) I likely would have saved the cash then! I have built up quite a collection of other bands now - my favourites being the Red Sport, and the Grey sport. Not sure why they stopped doing the latter as it looks so good. Also recently bought the Black Sport loop which I do like and find really comfy. I would have maybe preferred the anthracite one available with the Nike Watch, but that is not currently sold separately. Also have a decent black leather strap off Amazon which looks good.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
I've had the SBSS in every version of the watch and love it. The original series zero was only available with the SB link bracelet and so I still have that which is my favourite - though is no way I could now justify spending so much on it! Had the original been available with etc sports band (as it is now) I likely would have saved the cash then! I have built up quite a collection of other bands now - my favourites being the Red Sport, and the Grey sport. Not sure why they stopped doing the latter as it looks so good. Also recently bought the Black Sport loop which I do like and find really comfy. I would have maybe preferred the anthracite one available with the Nike Watch, but that is not currently sold separately. Also have a decent black leather strap off Amazon which looks good.
I love the sport loop. My wife has had the neon green (Flash?) for quite a while and she says it just gets more and more comfortable as you wear it. I picked up the “black” one a few days back and while I love how it feels, I’m worried it’s not going to match with the darker space black.

Barbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2008
I’m looking for a leather (probably dark leather?) that will dress up my Space Black watch for more formal occasions and maybe to wear to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.