Speck Candyshell back in stock. (AT&T Online)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vbman213, Jul 28, 2010.

1. vbman213 macrumors 6502

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

3. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Flaking problem?

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The rubber would flake on case whenever touched pretty much and it began looking bad after a while.

5. Superman Y2K macrumors regular

Superman Y2K

I ordered one and I'm hoping it's the redesigned version. I hit up Speck so we will see if they can confirm it.

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

7. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

No, these are not updated version. I just got one in and same issue as before with the flash. Also, a lot of other people posted on one of the other threads that they were still being told about a week ago that it would be another 2-3 weeks till the new revised versions were available. I think once we see them in stock again on the Speck website, then they will be the revised ones, but not till then. :(

8. ToyStory macrumors newbie

ToyStory

I just got my Candyshell from AT&T last week. It was in a brick and mortar store though. The flash issue does exist... and I dunno about anybody else's, but my back is REALLY scratched up. Kind of makes me shudder about what kind of damage my phone has been taking these past few weeks naked...:rolleyes:

9. Superman Y2K macrumors regular

Superman Y2K

If that is the case it will be going right back to them.

10. ps2gamer02 macrumors newbie

i ordered a white candy shell from amazon an i think its the revised one cause there's a black ring around the camera an there's no flash issue.

11. wattsja macrumors regular

still breaks .. but not quite as easily.

12. Superman Y2K macrumors regular

Superman Y2K

I just got my response from Erik at Speck and he stated the ones on AT&T's site are the new ones.

13. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I just got a response back from them and they said that they should have the new ones in 3-4 weeks! This is what they have been telling people for the past 3-4 weeks as well. :( I would really doubt that the ones on the ATT site are the new ones then, if they are telling me they are still working on a redesign.

This email was sent by Eric Griss. Might be the same one who sent you your email. I don't know what to believe.

All I can say is that if this is their redesign, it still has an issue with the flash and I can show you with pictures later on tonight when I get home to post them.

14. bjamison01 macrumors newbie

I just received my order from the new batch made available on the AT&T Website. There's no way this is the revised version. Flash cutout is still way too narrow.

The online stock is likely identical to what's been showing up in AT&T's in-store inventory and that stock is the old version as well.

My 2 cents.

15. Superman Y2K macrumors regular

Superman Y2K

Yep that's the same dude.

I asked: I was wondering if the Speck Black/Grey Candy Shell - iPhone 4 case AT&T has back in stock are the redesigned model (camera cuttout issue).

His reply: They are the new ones.

16. Superman Y2K macrumors regular

Superman Y2K

Can you snap a pic of it?

17. ps2gamer02 macrumors newbie

just tested the flash again an sometime i get a washout sometime i dont kinda wierd....

Attached Files:

18. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Did you buy your white one direct from amazon or from a 3rd party seller on the marketplace?

thnx for the pics btw.

19. ps2gamer02 macrumors newbie

pretty sure it was thirdparty some place called 24hourdispatch i think..

20. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Yeah, the black one that I just got from mygearstore.com has some sort of black piece of matte like plastic around it as well. I don't know if the initial cases had this or not. All I know is that when I take pictures with the flash, there is a definite effect on the quality with the case on compared to no case. So if this is the redesign, which if you see my above post I don't believe is done yet according to the email I got today from Speck, then they did a poor job.

21. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Ok, just got the following response back.

We will email you when they ship 7-14 days
    erik griss | customer service
    “I love my job!”

So another one to two weeks maybe till the new version is available guys.

22. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

hi guys one quick question. I bought my wife a white one on ebay (revised model the guy said) and she already has a black candyshell (old version) on her phone. How should I go about taking the case off? What's the easiest and safest way (for the i4) to do it?

Thanks!!!!

23. posershadow, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  24. ps2gamer02 macrumors newbie

yeah posershadow i got that same problem the sleep button is very touchy

25. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Again, to the best of my knowledge from speaking with Speck, the revised versions are not available yet. It will be in another one to two weeks.