Speck Candyshell back in stock. (AT&T Online)

Superman Y2K

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2010
I ordered one and I'm hoping it's the redesigned version. I hit up Speck so we will see if they can confirm it.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...038&q_sku=sku4730263&q_manufacturer=&q_model=

They were out of stock for almost a full month! Now they are back. I heard that Speck tweaked the design to better accommodate the camera flash and dock connector. Wondering if these are the "updated" version
No, these are not updated version. I just got one in and same issue as before with the flash. Also, a lot of other people posted on one of the other threads that they were still being told about a week ago that it would be another 2-3 weeks till the new revised versions were available. I think once we see them in stock again on the Speck website, then they will be the revised ones, but not till then. :(

ToyStory

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
Daytona Beach, FL
I just got my Candyshell from AT&T last week. It was in a brick and mortar store though. The flash issue does exist... and I dunno about anybody else's, but my back is REALLY scratched up. Kind of makes me shudder about what kind of damage my phone has been taking these past few weeks naked...:rolleyes:

Superman Y2K

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2010
No, these are not updated version. I just got one in and same issue as before with the flash. Also, a lot of other people posted on one of the other threads that they were still being told about a week ago that it would be another 2-3 weeks till the new revised versions were available. I think once we see them in stock again on the Speck website, then they will be the revised ones, but not till then. :(
If that is the case it will be going right back to them.

ps2gamer02

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
i ordered a white candy shell from amazon an i think its the revised one cause there's a black ring around the camera an there's no flash issue.

Superman Y2K

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2010
I just got my response from Erik at Speck and he stated the ones on AT&T's site are the new ones.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I just got my response from Erik at Speck and he stated the ones on AT&T's site are the new ones.
I just got a response back from them and they said that they should have the new ones in 3-4 weeks! This is what they have been telling people for the past 3-4 weeks as well. :( I would really doubt that the ones on the ATT site are the new ones then, if they are telling me they are still working on a redesign.

This email was sent by Eric Griss. Might be the same one who sent you your email. I don't know what to believe.

All I can say is that if this is their redesign, it still has an issue with the flash and I can show you with pictures later on tonight when I get home to post them.

bjamison01

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2010
I just received my order from the new batch made available on the AT&T Website. There's no way this is the revised version. Flash cutout is still way too narrow.

The online stock is likely identical to what's been showing up in AT&T's in-store inventory and that stock is the old version as well.

My 2 cents.

Superman Y2K

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2010
I just got a response back from them and they said that they should have the new ones in 3-4 weeks! This is what they have been telling people for the past 3-4 weeks as well. :( I would really doubt that the ones on the ATT site are the new ones then, if they are telling me they are still working on a redesign.

This email was sent by Eric Griss. Might be the same one who sent you your email. I don't know what to believe.

All I can say is that if this is their redesign, it still has an issue with the flash and I can show you with pictures later on tonight when I get home to post them.
Yep that's the same dude.

I asked: I was wondering if the Speck Black/Grey Candy Shell - iPhone 4 case AT&T has back in stock are the redesigned model (camera cuttout issue).

His reply: They are the new ones.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Did you buy your white one direct from amazon or from a 3rd party seller on the marketplace?

thnx for the pics btw.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
just tested the flash again an sometime i get a washout sometime i dont kinda wierd....
Yeah, the black one that I just got from mygearstore.com has some sort of black piece of matte like plastic around it as well. I don't know if the initial cases had this or not. All I know is that when I take pictures with the flash, there is a definite effect on the quality with the case on compared to no case. So if this is the redesign, which if you see my above post I don't believe is done yet according to the email I got today from Speck, then they did a poor job.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Ok, just got the following response back.

We will email you when they ship 7-14 days
erik griss | customer service
“I love my job!”

So another one to two weeks maybe till the new version is available guys.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
hi guys one quick question. I bought my wife a white one on ebay (revised model the guy said) and she already has a black candyshell (old version) on her phone. How should I go about taking the case off? What's the easiest and safest way (for the i4) to do it?

Thanks!!!!

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Again, to the best of my knowledge from speaking with Speck, the revised versions are not available yet. It will be in another one to two weeks.