Speck seethru satin and InCase hard shell pictures?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AreYouIn?, Apr 27, 2010.

1. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I was wondering if anyone that had either of these cases could post pictures of them? I'm trying to decide which one to get get and the colors are pretty similar. I wanted to see what the actual colors look like. There are a lot of youtube videos for speck cases but not incase and I can't find any images other than the stock images (which are always off.)

And please don't tell me to mroogle it. I know all about that and I have.

2. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Your mroogle-fu is weak, grasshopper.

Look here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=898882

Those pictures prompted me to order a Speck Satin in black. Once on my new i7 15", the Apple Logo glows kinda purplish but not in a fruity-pebbles kind of color. I think it makes the machine look very professional....you fit in with all the Lenovo users sitting around the boardroom table, but its still obviously a Mac. I also like how it accentuates the black bezel of the glossy display. What you get when looking at it head on is the screen, black bezel, thin silver frame of the lid and then an equally thin line of black from the Speck Satin. I think its teh secksie.

3. zyggiepyggie macrumors member

zyggiepyggie

I would suggest the Speck Case, I've had mine for over a year and it has no chips/scratches. I don't treat my Macbook with as much respect as I should either, usually gets thrown in my bag with just the Speck case for protection.

As far as colours go, mine is red. The colour is very bright and stands out a mile off, I've had people ask me where I got a red Macbook from a couple of times when I've had it in Coffee shops etc. Although it's coloured it's still transparent and lets the Apple Logo shine through well.

I can't post a picture as I'm at work but will do tonight - if I remember.

4. 301finest macrumors regular

Well here's pics of mines. I have both black satin and clear. They are very great cases, No problems at all. I never tried the incase though

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. AreYouIn? thread starter macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I saw that but I am looking for images of all the colors not just the black. I do love the black though.

6. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

I got the Speck SeeThru lime-green today. Its just brilliant. Takes the MacBook Pro to a whole new level. The surface is polished glossy and looks very posh. Fit is fine.

In the first picture the overall color is accurate, however, the apple logo is too bright. The real color of the logo is in the second picture, its like... umm, how do I put it.. baby banana-leaf green, which compliments the darker green of the case very beautifully. Just imagine them together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 301finest macrumors regular

That's a nice case. Before the clear and black satin, I had the red speck and that was a real nice color also

8. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Thanks. :) I had a turquoise blue SeeThru before for my 2007 MBP and it literally turned heads. Red must also look very nice. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the satin series.

9. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

I'm thinking about getting a purple speck satin for my new macbook pro 13". Does anyone have any pictures?

10. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

The one downside of the Satin series is that it will show your fingerprints, just like any other of these 'satin' cases (the one on my iPhone does likewise, for example).

And while it is all personal taste, I find the non-satin ones to be kinda 'tchotchke' looking. I think part of that is the conformist screaming at me whenever I walk into a boardroom with my Mac. I want to be a corporate rebel, but still be taken seriously.

To each their own, however.

11. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

"tchotchke"?

I'm quite torn between the clear and satin, but I do want purple - it's my favourite colour and I have a lovely Knomo purple laptop bag. Any other pictures or thoughts on the clear vs satin?

Thanks

12. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Tchotchke

Kinda like what you'd find in a cheap souvenir shop in Vegas somewhere, like a pair of chartreuse blinking Elvis-style sunglasses.

Cheap and gaudy in other words.

Entirely personal taste...I'm not saying it to insult you or anyone else. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, right?

13. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Is your bag a tight fit for the MBP without a case on ? If so, I'd suggest one from the SeeThru series because its easier to put in and take out of a fitted sleeve, thanks to its glossy surface. The matte finish of the satin adds friction. Also, the SeeThru has a colored glass-like finish. Ask yourself if this is what you want.

14. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

My Knomo bag is 14" so it's not really tight, and has a smooth silver lining. Is the shiny one more transparent than the satin one? I have been on Speck's site, but it's difficult to tell.

15. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

This (really detailed) video will answer all your questions :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y4OCtL6z9o

16. 301finest macrumors regular

Yes satin shows fingerprints very easliy and it tough to clean. But hey, that what a case suppose to do. If you worried about finger prints, get see-thru. Can't go wrong and they have more color options

17. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Here's several video reviews of the Speck Satin in Purple:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Speck+satin+purple&aq=f

18. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

19. glycon macrumors newbie

I absolutely love the purple!

Attached Files:

20. MacMandy macrumors 6502

MacMandy

Thanks. That does look really nice! The purple on the satin is a nicer colour than the purple on the hard shell. I think the hard shell looks more pinky purple.

21. 301finest macrumors regular

I love that purple, got more pics? I might return my black one for it

22. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

23. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Wow, is that the satin? Another purple freak here, so want one for my 15" after seeing your pics, thanks :D

24. AreYouIn? thread starter macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

The purple looks awesome. I may get that one.

25. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

It's a shame they don't do an anodised purple MBP in that shade of purple, would look absolutely awesome.