SPG Front + Back Protector Released!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ThunderApple, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

2. Adutrumque, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

It doesnt cover the whole back. Thats a big cutout for the camera.. Damn. Scratches there.

Besides - I cant seem to place an order. It just pops back out to the frontpage and then its gone. Weird.

3. Insilin1i macrumors regular

Ordered one, exactly what I've been waiting for.

4. Brett0712 macrumors member

5. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

Just ordered. First SPG product since I always had PS.

Thanks!

6. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I really wanted a back one but I think I'm going to use icarbons for the back and the ultra crystal just for the front. Should look good.

7. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

Looks Good!

I have been a fan of Spigen/SGP for years now and I have been using their screen shields with great success!

I have just ordered 2 sets! I will let everyone know how they turn out!

----------

It appears that the back does have the Matte portion for the metal part of the phone. That is the main reason why I ordered them.

8. mariotr87 macrumors regular

I think I'll wait to see how it works for other people.

Two things are pushing me back:

-Three piece design. I don't know, I think those gaps will feel weird. Also, they will grab dust as hell.
    -The cut out for the camera is not very nice...

I have one question though. Is it a dry apply?

9. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Looks like it is a dry apply. There's no spray that comes with it. You bring up a good point about grabbing dust in the gaps. I'm going to wait it out too. If it doesn't though, this is perfect.

10. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

11. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

Geez, the camera cut-out might be a deal breaker

12. rperalta macrumors 6502

Not a deal breaker for me. That portion, including the bottom is glass, which is very strong and won't get scratch easily. The main part of the back that gets scratch easily is the aluminum part.

13. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Anyone have thoughts on how these will fit inside a case? I have a bestskinsever coming, but I just read that they won't fit inside most cases.

14. applefan022 macrumors 6502

Might have to take the plunge and just buy one to try it.

15. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

aww these came out 2 days too late. I just ordered some generic back protectors (dry install btw) off ebay. I guess i'll see how those work out first.

The camera cut out is unique, but not sure about the matte part for the aluminum section of the phone

16. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Those back protectors off of eBay are usually terrible. I bought some for my 4s a while ago and bubbles never came out. You get what you pay for. :(

17. matrix808 macrumors regular

dont forget the rainbow effect you get on the phone

18. ARMizApple macrumors newbie

Does anyone know what the iPhone 5 Incredible Shield Screen & Body Protection Film Set is? Is it like a full body kit with back and sides? Whatever it is, it comes with spray...

19. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

I'm using their back protectors now since it came with the Neo Hybrid Ex. It's a dry install and comes in 3 separate pieces. The good thing about the 3 pieces is the bubbles clear out easier versus a 1 piece design. However, it was really hard to line up all of them. It took me multiple tries before I was satisfied. Also, since its 3 separate pieces, the edges will attract dirt at the 2 interceptions at the back after a while, not too pleasant if you are anal like me.

Lastly, the Apple Logo and the 'iPhone' text at the back will cause some bubbles around them which is impossible to remove (yucks). I will remove the film once my Bodyguardz arrives.

20. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a definite no go for me then as I am anal about bubbles and lint. Screen protector is great though. I put on my oleophobic one yesterday and love it.

Thanks for the heads up.

21. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

Well there's the deal breaker for me.

22. prezasti macrumors 6502

prezasti

23. v3rn macrumors regular

That logo is terrible, but it looks like they include one without it but the apple is cut out.

24. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Idk how necessary a back screen protector is.... I've been naked since the 21st with the Photive bumper and I dont have any scratches.

25. kyellowness macrumors regular

I agree. haha! But it's a sticker so you have the option of putting it on or not. They call it SPIGEN logo metal sticker. Good thing they make it optional, no? ;)

With my iPhone 4, I wouldn't think it is necessary to have a back protector but with this one, there's so many people complaining about the aluminum part scratching (scuff-gate anyone?) that I think it's necessary. Unless you use a case with it, cuz then the back is protected anyway.