Spigen/SGP iPhone 5 Screen Protectors CORRECTED/FIXED

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by phantomsd, Sep 20, 2012.

1. phantomsd, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Awesome customer service... just got this email right now.

==========

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your recent purchase from Spigen SGP!

Are you excited for the new release of the iPhone 5 as much as we are? We understand that protecting your device is important and we’re glad that you chose Spigen iPhone 5 Screen Protectors for your new iPhone.

We promised that we would do everything we can to get you the best protection for your phone and we are keeping that promise! There was a small difference in our cutouts on the screen protector so we made some slight adjustments to our screen protectors to make them perfect.

We will begin shipping out your updated screen protectors out today!

There’s no need to send the old ones back to us, all you have to do is just wait for the new package to come and use the updated version to protect your phone. We can't bear to think that your iPhone is left unprotected, so please use the one you have now until the revised ones arrive.

We really appreciate you choosing Spigen SGP, and we appreciate all your support and patience with us at this time.

If you have any further questions just contact us at [e-mail address removed].

Sincerely,

SPIGEN SGP

==========

I wonder what the small difference is...

2. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Hmmm, mine shipped from them through Amazon yesterday.

3. phantomsd thread starter macrumors 6502

phantomsd

I received mine (old version) a couple of days ago... you probably got sent the newer version... it not, be on the lookout for that email.

4. nies macrumors 6502

got mine from amazon in the mail yesterday. hopefully theyre the right ones

5. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I ordered mine off Amazon last week. We'll see what happens I suppose.

6. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

How can we tell if we have the new version or old? Any product number on the package we can check?

7. JH4DC5 macrumors member

hmm.. i must have the "old" version since i received mine about 5 days ago. Haven't received an email yet. I hope they send me the new version.

8. bobright macrumors 601

How are these screen protectors hear a lot of good things about them, are they just as good as PS?

9. trdspectacoma macrumors regular

i got that same email. I am hoping that it is not that bad(so I have 4 screen protectors)

10. Sputnek macrumors regular

SGP sent me an Oleophobic screen protector even though I ordered the GLAS.t a week ago. Sorry I am just sad because they are out of GLAS.t and one Oleophobic = 0.5 GLAS.t.

:Facepalm:

11. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

How do these compare to Power Support?

12. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

my screen protector arrived a couple of days ago through amazon and I just got this email as well. I wonder how much the cut is off.. I'd be willing to deal with a slightly off cut and end up with 4 screen protectors to use throughout the life of my i5.

I still like PS's protectors better.. they don't scratch as easily and I feel that oil\fingerprints wipe off much easier. I had the oleo phobic SGP screen before and the anti-fingerprint film wore off over time.

13. panda bear macrumors 68000

panda bear

Like others, I ordered from Amazon a few days ago. Haven't received it yet.

They did have a message on Amazon stating that if the protectors were off/wrong, they would be replaced free of charge.

14. julietcc macrumors member

Mine came in the mail today through Amazon. I'll assume they are the old ones but use them anyways til the new ones arrive. I didn't get an email.

15. christyn macrumors 6502a

I didn't get the email either, but also ordered through the amazon storefront.

Received the glas.t today (not the updated version). I assume they will ship the new ones shortly.

16. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

+1. I'll wait for the e-mail, and I'll post here if one does arrive.

17. s2smooth4u macrumors regular

mine came in the mail today as well. It says for the iphone 5 on the package but I will find out tomorrow

18. JoshObra, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

JoshObra macrumors regular

I tried canceling my Skinomi order from Amazon, I have no idea what went through my mind when I ordered it.

I'm going with SGP this time around, but I'd like to try out that "Ultra Optic" version of it when it comes out.

Would they include a protector for the back too? I know it's not glass anymore, but there is no way I'm going to let that touch any surface (with or without a case).

Also, are SGP case friendly? I'm thinking about getting that Belkin View case.

Thanks!

Update: Just got a message from Skinomi for canceling my order. Although I feel bad for canceling, their customer service is really fast and polite. Thumbs up to them!

19. cjmal macrumors 6502

Better than Power Support, if you can believe it.

20. rocketkev macrumors member

I wonder what the differences is. I ordered mine last week and I didn't get an email from them. I bought it on amazon.

21. bobright macrumors 601

Seriously? Which one is like the PS Crystal shield as I see they got certain types like Oleophobic etc ?

22. cjmal macrumors 6502

23. bobright macrumors 601

24. AKK03 macrumors newbie

Anyone know how to differentiate the newer batch?

25. cjmal macrumors 6502

Blue = Ultra Crystal
    Purple = Oleophobic

They're not actually that color, its just the coloring of the package which identifies the type of screen protector.