Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hanwei

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2011
Cambridge, MA
I ordered mine from Amazon on the 14th.... got to me on the 17th... it sounds like I have the older version but I haven't gotten an email from them yet.......

Oh well. I guess I'll find out if it fits the phone tomorrow.

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
1b100c0e.jpg

Size comparison

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
No, sorry. Just the 5 to the 4(s).

I just got email that my replacement corrected ip5 protectors are on their way.

Hanwei

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2011
Cambridge, MA
I wish there was a way for us to differentiate the new corrected protectors from the old protectors.

I'm also not holding my breath that SGP will contact me if I did indeed purchase an old out-of-spec protector (because of the logistical nightmare, not for a lack of ethics).

AKK03

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
No, sorry. Just the 5 to the 4(s).

I just got email that my replacement corrected ip5 protectors are on their way.

Maybe after you have received the replacement protector, you can compare against the non corrected protector and let us know the difference. :D

VinnyV

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2011
Please do a comparison :D i just ordered mine today and theres this slight worry they might send me the wrong one :p

Kelly682

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
East Coast
Great. I ordered a case from them that comes with an Ultra Crystal screen protector. I haven't received it yet. I just sent them an email/inquiry about it. Hopefully they send out the correct one.

:rolleyes:

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL
Did anyone who ordered directly from them get this email? So far it sounds like amazon only

I ordered directly from SGP also. I ordered mine on the 14th and it didn't ship out until the 19th and this is probably why. They were waiting for the revised version before shipping them out to me.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
I ordered directly from SGP also. I ordered mine on the 14th and it didn't ship out until the 19th and this is probably why. They were waiting for the revised version before shipping them out to me.

Yeah i just sent them a inquiry w my order # asking if the one i got was ok. Have others who ordered diretly from them heard anything

Hanwei

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2011
Cambridge, MA
I just emailed SGP's customer support with my Amazon order info (ordered on the 14th, received on the 17th) to ask if my version is current or not. We'll see what they say.

julius071

macrumors regular
May 15, 2011
I ordered mines last Saturday and it is still processing. I am wondering now if this is the reason why. Grr.

beefdongle

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Ordered the Ultra Crystal on Amazon Wednesday and got shipping notification on Thursday. No email about the revision yet. Amazon customer reviewer mentions she got a revised version yesterday (9/20) though no indication whether she got an email beforehand about it.

nies

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2010
I ordered my SGP Crystal Clear last friday and its already on my phone. Fits perfect and dont see any problem with it

julius071

macrumors regular
May 15, 2011
Wow

I ordered mines last Saturday and it is still processing. I am wondering now if this is the reason why. Grr.

I just called them and its the same excuse as always "we were very busy last weekend processing orders" I asked them to expedite my shipping and she said "it will be there next week Tuesday" and I said I have my phone on the island and i need to protect it!

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Anyone know how to differentiate the newer batch?

I received both the older version and the revised version. I noticed in the revised package, there's a little note along with it.

photo.jpg

I'm guessing these are only for people who preordered and received theirs like.. last week.. so they're sending out these notes to let us know we're receiving the replacement. And those of you who ordered it recently is just getting the revised version without the note since you guys didn't receive the old version in the first place. I gotta say, they have some great customer service. ^^

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
I received two of the original ones a couple weeks back from amazon. They sent me one replacement already but haven't received it yet.

The email from them says to still use the one that they sent in the mean time. So, I installed them for now, and I can't tell what could possibly be wrong. I had a glas.t on my iphone 4 and this seems to fit just as well. :confused:

----------

I received both the older version and the revised version. I noticed in the revised package, there's a little note along with it.

I'm guessing these are only for people who preordered and received theirs like.. last week.. so they're sending out these notes to let us know we're receiving the replacement. And those of you who ordered it recently is just getting the revised version without the note since you guys didn't receive the old version in the first place. I gotta say, they have some great customer service. ^^

Since you have the revised and the new one already, what's the difference?

s2smooth4u

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
I received mine yesterday from Amazon and it fits perfectly on the new phone.

same here and if any one is looking for a case that works with it, i recommend the poetic case. Got it from amazon for $5. Looks real good with the white iPhone.

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
the problem with the original ones (and it's rather minor) appears to be the distance between the front camera/earpiece and home button are off by the tiniest bit.

and if you end up splitting the difference, it ends up a bit long on the top.

just my experience.

i'll keep this one on until it's bad though

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
Ordered mine on 13th an i emailed them. They said they are resending but the ones they sent me fit just fine on a 5. Great CS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.