Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Just got the following email from Spigen. Still haven't gotten a direct email in regards to any of my inquiries yet though:

Dear Spigen Customers,

First of all, thank you for choosing Spigen. We really do value you and want to do all that we can to make you happy. With the launch of the iPhone 6 we’ve had an overwhelming surge in orders which has delayed our communications and shipping departments. We understand it’s extremely frustrating but we promise to make it right. Please understand that we will respond to you in due time and that your product will be delivered as soon as possible. If you have not already, please check out our Support [e-mail address removed] for frequently asked questions.

FOR SHIPPING INQUIRIES:

Our warehouse team is working around the clock at full capacity to try and get out our orders as quickly as possible. We assure you will be getting them and we appreciate your generous amount of patience.

FOR CANCELLATION INQUIRIES:
Please be assured that we are currently sorting through all the cancellation requests. We are trying to process as many refunds as possible. If you have sent us an email, we will be getting back to them. In the case that your order ships out before we can cancel the shipment, you can always return it back to us by:

1) Marking the UNOPENED mail package as "Return to Sender" and the post office will send it back to us. We will issue a full refund on all orders that had previously submitted a cancellation request.
2) If you do open the package, you may need to pay for the return shipping back, but we will honor the full refund instead of the standard-return product refund.

FOR EMAIL RESPONSES:
We are sincerely and so sorry that we are not able to get back to you as soon as we would like to. Please know that we did receive your email and our agents will be getting to them as soon as they are able to. We really want to get back to all of our customers as soon as possible since we do want to help as much as we can. We thank you so much for your great patience with us!

Thank you again for bearing with us at this time and please know that you are a valuable customer to us here at Spigen!

I ordered a Case-Mate Tough Case around the same time as the as the Spigen and it came within Amazon's shipping window, no problem. I'm glad they're saying it will take time to respond to emails, I wrote to them two weeks ago and never got a reply so they must be really backed up or really incompetent.

The other thing that bothers me is it took them three weeks to even email me at all saying that they were backed up. If they're this backed up, you'd think they'd have known it for a while and let their customers know.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Just got the following email from Spigen. Still haven't gotten a direct email in regards to any of my inquiries yet though:

I ordered a Case-Mate Tough Case around the same time as the as the Spigen and it came within Amazon's shipping window, no problem. I'm glad they're saying it will take time to respond to emails, I wrote to them two weeks ago and never got a reply so they must be really backed up or really incompetent.

The other thing that bothers me is it took them three weeks to even email me at all saying that they were backed up. If they're this backed up, you'd think they'd have known it for a while and let their customers know.

I think that they have distributed a lot to amazon and "fulfilled by amazon" order are being managed by a lot larger handling crew. That's why I ordered yesterday and will get my case tomorrow. I think Spigen should try advertising the use of Amazon the next time there is this large flow of products.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Apparently my cancelled case was delivered today....

Since it is the slim armor CS, and the slide part supposedly sucks, I'd rather have the $15 back.

But if I just return it to sender will I get my refund this year? I guess I can always complain to amazon. But what a pita.

And I just want the case to work.

justthinking

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
i think that they have distributed a lot to amazon and "fulfilled by amazon" order are being managed by a lot larger handling crew. That's why i ordered yesterday and will get my case tomorrow. I think spigen should try advertising the use of amazon the next time there is this large flow of products.

the problem with buying form amazon is spigen will not honor warranty if it is sold by amazon right?

jerparker1

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
Southeast, Iowa
the problem with buying form amazon is spigen will not honor warranty if it is sold by amazon right?

Amazon will honor it. Amazon customer service is amazing. I've had to return/replace items that were well past the 30 day return policy and Amazon has taken care of me every time. They also pay the return shipping.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I think that they have distributed a lot to amazon and "fulfilled by amazon" order are being managed by a lot larger handling crew. That's why I ordered yesterday and will get my case tomorrow. I think Spigen should try advertising the use of Amazon the next time there is this large flow of products.

Well my order was from Amazon and it just supposedly shipped yesterday, three weeks after it was ordered. So it doesn't seem to be much better there either. Looking at reviews of Spigen on Amazon they've been getting quite a bit of negative feedback lately for this same issue. People ordered expedited shipping and are still waiting for their orders and all. Luckily, Amazon refunded me the full purchase price and I bought a different case.

I emailed Spigen through Amazon after the delivery estimate window closed and it took them two weeks to write back and it wasn't a direct email but just something generic. I got a "tracking number" within a few days of ordering my case but it never worked with any shipper and then they emailed me two days ago saying it would ship on 10/4...seems to be horrible customer service through Amazon too.

Amazon will honor it. Amazon customer service is amazing. I've had to return/replace items that were well past the 30 day return policy and Amazon has taken care of me every time. They also pay the return shipping.

Agreed. After waiting for the delivery window to close and a few emails to Spigen with no reply, I filed a case with Amazon and got a full refund for my purchase almost immediately.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Well my order was from Amazon and it just supposedly shipped yesterday, three weeks after it was ordered. So it doesn't seem to be much better there either. Looking at reviews of Spigen on Amazon they've been getting quite a bit of negative feedback lately for this same issue. People ordered expedited shipping and are still waiting for their orders and all. Luckily, Amazon refunded me the full purchase price and I bought a different case.

I emailed Spigen through Amazon after the delivery estimate window closed and it took them two weeks to write back and it wasn't a direct email but just something generic. I got a "tracking number" within a few days of ordering my case but it never worked with any shipper and then they emailed me two days ago saying it would ship on 10/4...seems to be horrible customer service through Amazon too.

Agreed. After waiting for the delivery window to close and a few emails to Spigen with no reply, I filed a case with Amazon and got a full refund for my purchase almost immediately.

You need to purchase from the account marked "fulfilled by amazon," not the other ones. That was probably the difference.

nabatron

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
I ordered my case on amazon 9/16 still havent received it yet. I live in Canada and I'm getting it shipped up to me. On the tracking/expeceted time of arrival that it should be from 9/16-10/2 and guess what still nothing. Emails and complaints to spigen dont even work I just recieve a generic email response like people above.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Not really sure what's going on with buying directly on Spigen but got my case fast and on time via Amazon.

Late to the show but I ordered the Neo Hybrid Metal for the iPhone 6 in red from Amazon. Spigen's site said it wouldn't ship until October 25th and I'm getting mine tomorrow (ordered this Friday the 3rd.)

I will NEVER order directly from Spigen. Amazon doesn't charge me shipping (Prime customer) and always have a better experience through their Amazon channel.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Just a heads up and I'm sure someone has already posted it here but ordered and received my Neo Hybrid case from amazon. Noticed it made my cellular and wifi worse. Cut in half from just some basic speed tests I was doing. Amazon refunded my purchase and moved on to another case.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Just a heads up and I'm sure someone has already posted it here but ordered and received my Neo Hybrid case from amazon. Noticed it made my cellular and wifi worse. Cut in half from just some basic speed tests I was doing. Amazon refunded my purchase and moved on to another case.

I posted a review and did tests on the signal. I recommend turning a little to avoid the cell reception issue. Wifi should be very little if any.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Turning to avoid cell reception issue? Can you explain that one?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1796604/

That has the full test. Essentially those bands do block the cell towers, but only from two sides of the phone. If that band is between you and the tower, you get a drop in signal. By turning something less than 180 degrees, both bands should be on a side of the phone that is not facing the tower. That is for talk use.

When the phone is laying flat, the band now goes around the phone in a complete circle which becomes and issue, just tilt it at an angle and that goes away.

I have almost no signal at my house and the aluminum did not provide enough interference to cut it out completely.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1796604/

That has the full test. Essentially those bands do block the cell towers, but only from two sides of the phone. If that band is between you and the tower, you get a drop in signal. By turning something less than 180 degrees, both bands should be on a side of the phone that is not facing the tower. That is for talk use.

When the phone is laying flat, the band now goes around the phone in a complete circle which becomes and issue, just tilt it at an angle and that goes away.

I have almost no signal at my house and the aluminum did not provide enough interference to cut it out completely.

Yeah no need to do that for a case. Not a case for me.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I've made at least 6 orders, over the past 2 years with Spigen, and I have never had any issues. I just ordered an iPhone 6 today and I of course plan on buying a Spigen case today as well. I hope this order isn't the first time something goes wrong for me.

If you are worried about getting ripped off, I suggest buying it on eBay from the official Spigen (spigen_inc) seller. eBay will without a doubt get your money back. Also, there is only 1 official seller for Spigen products, and that is spigen_inc.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
There's probably so many people unhappy with their cases out there that you'll find it on ebay or discounted. The lip and the aluminum seem to be the biggest turn-off for people.

MacBreezy

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I ordered my "Thin Air" case on Sept. 19th while the website said the case was in stock. I sent an email to Spigen and got the same generic reply that some have posted here. I sent a second e-mail a week later requesting that my order be cancelled and my money be refunded and guess what... I get a shipping notification the very next day that a shipping label has been created and they included my tracking number. It also came with an apology that they have received more orders than they can handle and upgraded my shipping to next day air. That is when it finally ships out I won't have to wait long.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I don't have any sympathy for the OP

I just don't think it is reasonable to expect over the top customer service for a $15 product with extremely unpredictable demand

I think it's reasonable to expect exactly what the company claims on their site: "Ships within 24 hours." If that's not true, then change the website. Simple.

Yes, demand for the iPhone 6/6+ is unprecedented. If Spigen is not up to the task of keeping up with demand, simply put an accurate ship date on the website.

tonlin

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
Here to vent my frustration with Spigen as well. Ordered the Glas.TR from Amazon 1 month ago and it still has not arrived. Tried to cancel and was told it was already in shipping. A blatant lie as they had only sent the pre-shipping info to USPS. Very disappoint with them and will put them in a pile with Sony from whom I will never purchase from again.

SpecialJ

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2008
Ordered my case on Sept 21st from Amazon and paid for expedited shipping. Tried cancelling my order after a week, but only got a generic response. On Friday I got a package from Spigen, which was a free case they sent me while my real order is still waiting. Overall guess I'm fine with the compromise, though I wish they had just cancelled my order when I asked. Who knows when my real order will actually arrive, or if it ever will. Amazon shows my order as delivered because they sent me the free case. At least I have something to put my phone in now while I wait. Some of you guys that got shipping notifications might just be getting a free case until the case you ordered is in stock. I got a shipping notification from Amazon on Oct 1st, but it was the free case, not my order. The one they sent me is just a plain black case. Not sure which model, but probably their cheapest. The fit is good at least.

Last edited:

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Don't worry everyone, Spigen's Facebook page apologized and will "make it right"

1002361_815852611768634_3685755236267446763_n.jpg

Definitely going to be all ok now..../sarcasm

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
I've made at least 6 orders, over the past 2 years with Spigen, and I have never had any issues. I just ordered an iPhone 6 today and I of course plan on buying a Spigen case today as well. I hope this order isn't the first time something goes wrong for me.

If you are worried about getting ripped off, I suggest buying it on eBay from the official Spigen (spigen_inc) seller. eBay will without a doubt get your money back. Also, there is only 1 official seller for Spigen products, and that is spigen_inc.

I don't think Spigen is out to rip anyone off. They just can't handle larger orders, unorganized etc. the concern is zero communication, confirmation shipping details. Just a little real communication, insight as to what us going on would really make the situation seem less serious than it is. Spigen seem to be making the situation worse by not addressing customers order status.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I purchased 2 iPhone 6 items (Slim Armor case & Crystal SP's) on Sunday, and they were both on back order with a 10 day wait. To my surprise, they were both shipped today.

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I purchased 2 iPhone 6 items (Slim Armor case & Crystal SP's) on Sunday, and they were both on back order with a 10 day wait. To my surprise, they were both shipped today.

Shipped or shipping notification. Big difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.