Spoiler Free Keynote next Wed?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JP3G, Feb 24, 2011.

1. JP3G macrumors member

JP3G

I really liked it when they did this at the last keynote.. will they do it again?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Apple has broadcast live video of its last few media events, so if that's the case this time around there's no need for spoiler-free. But we'll see how things develop.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

No one knows for sure. If anything, they'll have a video of it uploaded later in the day.

4. JP3G thread starter macrumors member

JP3G

Since I'm working when it happens, I usuallly watch the keynote in the evening. So it's hard for me to get on the Apple web site without seeing the new products showing up everywhere.

5. Edot, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

Edot macrumors 6502

6. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Yes they do.

And I think you'd have to build a snow cave deep under a mountain somewhere where you couldn't get any contact with the outside world, for it to be spoiler free. With Facebook and Twitter I'm not sure a spoiler free Apple event could even exist today.

7. Jhingha macrumors regular

Jhingha

Is it true Windows computers were excluded last time?

Luckly i have a mac and a windows computer so I could move though

8. celticpride678

The technology that Apple uses to stream videos only works in Safari, on Mac OS X Snow Leopard or iOS.

9. res1233, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

res1233 macrumors 65816

res1233

To be accurate, the technology has only been implemented by Apple in OS X and iOS, but partial implementation exists in VLC. It may be complete by now as a matter of fact, I think I might have read about it recently. So windows PCs should be able to view it now.

EDIT: You may have to get the developer version to get access to live streaming.

Changes between 1.1.0 and 1.2.0-git:
    ------------------------------------
    Stream output:
    * New livehttp-module for HTTP Live Streamin (iphone-stuff)

http://nightlies.videolan.org/
    EDIT: Because I'm so awesome, here's the full link: http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/trunk-20110301-0007/vlc-1.2.0-git-20110301-0007-win32.zip
    That should do it. Download the version there, and you should be able to live stream. Keep in mind that this is a dev version and may contain bugs.

10. JP3G thread starter macrumors member

JP3G

Actually, I'm working in a jail as a correctionnal officer.. similar than a snow cave, but with unlimited food.. and FB is blocked too.

11. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I am gonna bookmark this thread. If there is a spoiler-free article, please post it here. Some of us can not watch it live due to its time and prefer the spoiler-free action.

12. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I must be missing something with this... why would there be a spoiler-free area on a rumor website with everyone wanting to know ANY details as fast as humanly possible?

I say if you don't wanna be spoiled with any info tomorrow, that's a great time to kill the internet connection and read a great book.

13. mj1108 macrumors 6502a

Why would someone want the event not spoiled?

Just like Kadin said, you might as well just kill the internet connection as whatever Apple announces will be all over not only tech sites but news sites as well.

14. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Umm are you all new around here? There is a spoiler free thread for almost every event Apple has. Some people don't like to know what was released until apple posts the video on their site. Someone (usually Voidness) will post a link in the spoiler free thread to the video when it is up.....

15. talepictures macrumors newbie

^^^ as todd said. I'd prefer to watch a video of the event without knowing what's announced.

In fact I should probably be on a macrumors mailing list that will email me the link when available - I dunno though if this is an event it's being done for though.

16. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness

Hello everyone!

I was about to go to bed, when I remembered that I'm supposed to update the Keynote Checker script for tomorrow's event (it's 5AM here, so it's technically today). So without further ado, here it is! :)

http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

(I'm so sleepy, and I've got a class in a few hours)

17. robogobo macrumors 6502

robogobo

I just went searching for the last spoiler free thread and was wondering if anyone would do it again. I can ignore facebook and twitter, but if the live stream exists then, a) sweet for not having to wait, but b) bummer that we won't all be hanging out waiting- last year was a blast!

18. the1nonlyku macrumors member

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I don't think they will have a live video feed. I would love to be wrong though.

I will just wait patiently and watch it all instead of reading about it.

19. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Voidness comes through again. Thank you, sir!

As of right now, this is the official Spoiler Free Thread for Apple's March 2nd Event.

Please do not talk about the following info:
    -Apple Stock Prices
    -New Products
    -Hints about products "I'm not buying it, no hi-res"
    -No vague spoiler comments
    -Basically, do not repeat any new information of any sorts as of March 1, 2011.

The purpose of the thread is mainly to hold people over, who want to remain out of the loop, until an official video is posted.

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not just watch the thread and not read the threads. My usage for MR will reduce dramatically as the time nears for the media event.

21. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

You could log off the internet and go for a lovely stroll to tide you over till the event is finished ;)

22. puppyflightclub macrumors 6502

LMFAO @ lovely stroll. American's need to learn true european english terminology like this.

+1 my friend.

23. temux macrumors newbie

This is great!

I was looking forward to a live stream, but now when it looks like it not gone to happen this spoiler free thread bring back some good memories :)

24. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's a spoiler-free keynote? Do you mean you'd like to avoid 'out of sequence' coverage, such as: "Steve Jobs announced the iPad2 With Retina display today: Here's the transcript from the very start.." ?

25. wdw_, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

wdw_ macrumors regular

wdw_

SPOILER FREE PEOPLE SAY WOOP WOOP!!

I've been spoiler-free for about a decade and I'm not let you snot-nosed noobs..spoil it for us. So lets lay down some rules.

SPOILER-FREE RULES
    1. We do not want to know any new news. Specifically Apple news, duh!

2. Telling us what was NOT released IS A SPOILER. Telling us what rumors were false is just as bad as telling which ones were true.

3. We don't want teasers dropping hints like 5 year olds who can't keep a secret. So, GTFO!

4. THERE IS NO TALKING US OUT OF IT. Do not try. We are spoiler free and damn proud.
    Many times in the past I've waited 12-14 hours for Apple to release the video. I had my mom drive me hundreds of miles (before I could drive) to watch Apple events live via satellite at apple stores (back when they used to do that). We don't care how silly you think we are, so sod off!

…anything I missed?

Now, I admit, the reason I'm usually spoiler free is because I want to hear it from Steve. I want to see him to pull something out of his pocket I've never heard of before and proceed to change the world. Since Steve probably won't be a big part of this event, the spoiler free part isn't as important to me. I'm not sure I'd wait 14 hours to hear Phil Schiller talk. But Apple's gotten really quick about their event vids so, might as well be spoiler free.