Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Update: We now have invites for a March 8 event! Apple uncharacteristically sent them out less than a week ahead of the event.

Invites for Apple's widely expected spring event could be sent out tomorrow if recent reports prove to be correct.

AppleEventLogoFeature.jpg

In early February, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman reported that Apple was planning to host a special event on Tuesday, March 8. Gurman then reiterated the rumor of an event on March 8 in his "Power On" newsletter. Apple tends to send out invitations a week ahead of its events, which would fall on Tuesday, March 1, usually at around 9am PST.

Last year, Apple chose to hold its spring event in April, but otherwise the company has consistently chosen March for its spring events. Apple recently filed three new Mac models, one iPad, and one iPhone in the Eurasian Economic Database, which suggests that the launch of new devices is imminent. Apple also hosts most of its events on Tuesdays, so overall the March 8 rumor seems very plausible.

The Spring event is expected to at least include the announcement of updated versions of the iPhone SE and the iPad Air, as well as a new Mac with Apple silicon. The new iPhone SE has been repeatedly rumored to look the same as the iPhone SE from 2020, which itself looks very similar to the iPhone 8, but it will likely add the A15 Bionic chip, an improved rear camera, and 5G connectivity.

The new iPad Air is also expected to feature a newer A-series chip and 5G connectivity, with no major design changes. At least one new Mac with Apple-designed chips could also be introduced at the event, and previous rumors have suggested that this is likely to be the high-end Mac mini, but a refreshed 13-inch MacBook Pro is also a possibility.

The iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 updates may be tied to the March event and the launch of new devices, so it is possible that these updates could also be released in the first half of March.

The March event is expected to be streamed digitally only, rather than be held with an in-person audience, similar to the other Apple events that have taken place over the past two years. It will likely be followed by WWDC later this year, where Apple will introduce new software, and several keynote events later in the year.

Article Link: Spring Apple Event Invites Could Be Sent Out Tomorrow

Last edited:

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
It’s always a week before but this event is gonna be mega boring it’s not for us folks it’s for the entry level people

Danfango

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2022
London, UK
It’s always a week before but this event is gonna be mega boring it’s not for us folks it’s for the entry level people
Not entry level here for sure but I am holding out for an M2 iMac for my daughter. She's running on ass end M1 Mac Mini at the moment with a terrible monitor.

Reactions: valleian

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
And away we go. Still like apple events even if this one is of minimal interest to me.
maybe you are right, but if in this event along side iphone SE and ipad air we get the new M2, at least we will know the future of this year M2 mac generation and how and what the M2 will bring on the future macbook air and the M2 pro/max capabilities
I expect the cpu will be around 10-15% improved but in gpu i can see over 40% probably up to 50%

Last edited:

reyesmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Central Texas
I wonder how big the shut up and take my money crowd is these days. Looking back, 6 macbook airs since 2014 have been introduced in march events. So this has to be the event they do something with it one would think. Only 2 mac minis have come out in march and those were 2007 and 2009, most have been introduced in May. The first iPhone SE came out in march. Three apple TV's came out in march, the rest in April. Also about 30 iPads have been introduced or discontinued in March as well.

So if Apple is superstitious I would say expect an MacBook Air and and iPad and maybe an iPhone SE.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Hoping for a MacBook Air price drop. Honestly, it's the perfect machine for me; Silent, plenty of power, very pleasant display, keyboard, mic and speakers and I sometimes forget that it needs to be charged every once in a while.

Make the 16GB 1TB model a lil bit cheaper and I'll get another one.

johnmarki

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2020
Regardless if there is Earth-shattering tech dropped at this event or not, I'm still excited about it. I've been patiently waiting to revamp my entire stockpile of Apple tech, and for some reason, maybe delusion 😜, I think 2022 is going to be a great year to start acquiring some amazing tools.

Sir_Macs_A_Lot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2020
Hoping for a MacBook Air price drop. Honestly, it's the perfect machine for me; Silent, plenty of power, very pleasant display, keyboard, mic and speakers and I sometimes forget that it needs to be charged every once in a while.

Make the 16GB 1TB model a lil bit cheaper and I'll get another one.
The Air needs a refresh w/ a CPU bump so I can see if it'll run my XCode projects. Much cheaper than the 2021 MBP M1 Pro I've got my eye on.

splendidboy

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2022
London

Invites for Apple's widely expected spring event could be sent out tomorrow if recent reports prove to be correct.

AppleEventLogoFeature.jpg

In early February, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman reported that Apple was planning to host a special event on Tuesday, March 8. Gurman then reiterated the rumor of an event on March 8 in his "Power On" newsletter. Apple tends to send out invitations a week ahead of its events, which would fall on Tuesday, March 1, usually at around 9am PST.

Last year, Apple chose to hold its spring event in April, but otherwise the company has consistently chosen March for its spring events. Apple recently filed three new Mac models, one iPad, and one iPhone in the Eurasian Economic Database, which suggests that the launch of new devices is imminent. Apple also hosts most of its events on Tuesdays, so overall the March 8 rumor seems very plausible.

The Spring event is expected to at least include the announcement of updated versions of the iPhone SE and the iPad Air, as well as a new Mac with Apple silicon. The new iPhone SE has been repeatedly rumored to look the same as the iPhone SE from 2020, which itself looks very similar to the iPhone 8, but it will likely add the A15 Bionic chip, an improved rear camera, and 5G connectivity.

The new iPad Air is also expected to feature a newer A-series chip and 5G connectivity, with no major design changes. At least one new Mac with Apple-designed chips could also be introduced at the event, and previous rumors have suggested that this is likely to be the high-end Mac mini, but a refreshed 13-inch MacBook Pro is also a possibility.

The iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 updates may be tied to the March event and the launch of new devices, so it is possible that these updates could also be released in the first half of March.

The March event is expected to be streamed digitally only, rather than be held with an in-person audience, similar to the other Apple events that have taken place over the past two years. It will likely be followed by WWDC later this year, where Apple will introduce new software, and several keynote events later in the year.

Article Link: Spring Apple Event Invites Could Be Sent Out Tomorrow
Just popped into Currys a UK high street store that sells Apple products
Got chatting to the staff who said they had received confirmation code this morning the the low end Mac Mini is now discontinued & cannot be ordered for delivery
I wonder if this will mean the 16gb / 512ssd will become the base model & we will get a Mini Pro or Max ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.