SPRINT iPhone 5 PRE-ORDER thread!!

JokerElite

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
New Jersey
I feel like the chat agents are useless and sometimes give false information.
My order status (black 32gb ordered on 9/19) says it should ship out within a week. I chatted with someone online and they told me it is now a two week wait time and then it would ship out on standard shipping.

I then called sprint and spoke with someone at the escalations department and I suggested the idea of cancelling the order. The guy from escalations said he has experienced other pre-orders (iPhone 4s, GalaxyS3, EVO), and since my status hasn't changed in a couple of days, then it is most likely to be accurate and then suggested I wait until tomorrow (which would make it 1 week from my order date) to get my tracking info. He also said that the phone would then be shipped on UPS next day air, so I'm supposed to receive it on thursday.

Has anyone that ordered a 32gb on 9/18 get a tracking number today?
One tracking number is known not to change or update. The one you might need is the oy-SHSO tracking number if you don't already have it.

hugejackmen

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
One tracking number is known not to change or update. The one you might need is the oy-SHSO tracking number if you don't already have it.
Yea, that's the one I've been using. I fall under the dates that expect their phones shipped within a week, and it has said that since saturday

difrnt

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
the rep I chatted with didn't give me any other info other than that I will get an email with tracking number once it ships... how did you ask?
Just didn't take "you'll get an e-mail" for an answer. I was kind of a jerk.

I've had my phone's now for 3 hours and the myorders page just updated with the tracking number.

scwilder

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Just want to let anyone know who cares...I ordered a 16GB white iPhone at about 5 PM EST on 9/14 and I just received tracking information an hour ago...next day shipping. It will be here tomorrow!

accorn

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
I know I shouldn't be expecting it yet but I really really can't wait.

I lost my phone last weekend and I had already preordered the Iphone so I'm phoneless in the meantime.

Rockstarmami

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Received shipping email at 7:30am this morning, tracking number doesn't work. UPS Next Day PM, ordered a Black 16GB on 9/15 at 6:15am EST.

negrohero9

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
D[M]V
i never did pre-order. I walked right into the apple store on the 22nd and walked out with a 32GB White iPhone 5 on sprint... i think pre-ordering is dumb.

SunnyFL

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Talked with my guy at the sprint store before the per order and he assured me he could get me one with in a few days of release and I did not have to order online like I did for my wife with the 4s & got it the day they came out Well here we are one week later and being told it should be here late next week. Kind of strange I think.

TOOFY

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Long Awhlandddd, NY
www.facebook.com
Well my experience with Sprint is not so great so far. I Pre-ordered with them at 7PM oon 9/14 and I was told it would arrive sometime this week ( second wave ). Now it has moved to 3 weeks, but still no tracking number. I may just cancel this and just buy one from the damn store as they have 32 and 64GB ones available. :mad:

JCfromTB

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa Bay, FL
Wow, I hadn't realized that folks who ordered between the 15-17th still haven't received their phones yet.

I guess I had some dumb-luck... visited my local Sprint store on Tuesday night, paid the $50 for a gift card to get on the wait list... they called me Wednesday afternoon to let me know my phone was ready for pickup. About 19 hours later...

Rockstarmami

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Ordered Black iPhone 16GB on 9/15 at 6:15am EST, delivery scheduled for Monday 10/1, Next Day PM...waiting on shipping label. Free Airwave coming on Tuesday because my home signal sucks!...UPS Ground.

dacumen

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2010
For everyone that Pre-orderd they iPhone with Sprint this is were you are getting LTE

http://money.cnn.com/interactive/technology/4G-coverage-map/?iid=Lead

Good Luck Guys! :eek:

I have sprint now they are really bad thats why i am leaving them
I saw this post (duh) after I'd already renewed my Sprint contract and pre-ordered my new iPhone 5. I've now had my new Sprint iPhone 5 for just over two months and I've cancelled my contract and am switching to Verizon.

The 4G LTE coverage on Sprint is a joke! When I was in San Jose on business a couple of weeks ago, my phone basically became useless. The reception was so bad (3G all around) that I could barely complete a call, much less surf the web - and don't even ask me about coverage in Utah.

Meanwhile Verizon has coverage all over northern Cal and here in Utah they have 4G LTE coverage in places as obscure as Provo! I'm done. I'm selling my Sprint iPhone 5 on eBay to recoup the $350 severance cost. I'm moving the rest of my family over after Christmas.

It was fun participating in the pre-order madness with you guys, but between the bad reception, horrible internet speeds, the Sprint's completely hopeless voicemail app (I eventually had to install Google Voice for voicemail), and the fact that my the black coating is wearing off around the edges of my phone already (I ordered the Verizon phone in White), I'm done.