Square Trade Warranty 40% off code for IPAD2 Protection Plan

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sillyrabbitt, Mar 13, 2011.

1. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

Hi All

IPAD40 is the code to get 40% off a warranty plan from sqauretrade.

I think its a good deal and comes to like $72 for two years of protection. I would get apple care but I have little kids and I hope they dont break the ipad but just in case (accidents happen) I have accidental damage protection.

enjoy

2. Joesgirl97 macrumors member

Joesgirl97

3. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Have you had this warranty before? and if so how is it?

5. Maven1975 macrumors 6502a

Bought that too. Cheaper and better than a case. (No deductable)

6. jjp007 macrumors regular

jjp007

7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

They are reputable. Lots of good stories out there.

8. Ozy macrumors regular

Ozy

9. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Thanks! This is a really good deal, comes to $2.99 a month with the 2 year ADH plan. Of course you feel like it isn't worth it then can cancel it too and get prorated for the money back as well, love SquareTrade.

10. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Do you guys really think it's an important thing to get? I'm going back and forth and so far as I know that 40% off ends today so I gotta make up my mind.

I've never dropped my laptop and the only damage my iPhone 3G has gotten has been a couple light scratches on the front (from a time I accidentally put it in a pocket with my keys) and the corner is broken off on the back from my ex chucking it across the room and into a wooden dresser (we're not together anymore, so no risk of that happening to my ipad)

I admit the iPad is more mobile, but is this extra warrenty stuff really just for klutz's or do you guys think one should always get it.

11. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes they are a great company and will either fix your ipad if they cannot full $$$ back.

This is how I think but what to do about the back? I hate scratches and i have one little one so far but dont want more. What is everyone using on the back?

12. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Bought one even thou my Ipad doesn't ship till April 1st... Funny I'll have the Smartcover and warratee before the unit!

13. fishcube macrumors 6502

What does it cover? Do we have to send it in to get fixed? Where?

14. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

It covers everything because it has accidental damage protection.

But here are the details

SquareTrade Service Agreement Summary

How long it lasts:

* If your item is new and has a US manufacturer's warranty of at least 90 days (“MSP”), this Service Agreement begins the day you purchased the item and lasts for the number of years of coverage you specify at purchase time.
    * If your item is refurbished and has a US manufacturer's warranty of at least 90 days (“MSP”), this Service Agreement begins upon expiration of manufacturer warranty and lasts for the number of years of coverage you specify at purchase time.
    * If your item is used, or doesn't have a US manufacturer's warranty of at least 90 days ("Other"), then the Service Agreement begins on the 61st day after item purchase and lasts for the number of years of coverage you specify at purchase time.

What is covered:

* Mechanical and electrical failures that occur during normal use of your item. Your item is covered for up to the full purchase price of your item (tax and shipping are excluded).
    * Some examples of covered issues include computer hard drive failures, iPod batteries that stop charging, cell phone keypads that get stuck, and digital camera sensor failures.

Notes about ADH coverage:

* If Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) Protection was purchased, the Service Agreement expands to include damage from liquid spills, item drops, or any other accidental damage.
    * ADH coverage begins 30 days after purchase, and does not cover willful damage, negligent use, theft or loss. ADH coverage begins 30 days after purchase, and does not cover willful damage, negligent use, theft or loss. A $50 deductible applies on ADH-related claims for Cell Phones only. SquareTrade has waived the deductible for all other ADH claims. ADH is not available on all items.

How the coverage works:

* Reimbursements: Often times, reimbursing you the full cost of the item is faster and more cost-effective. If your item's shippable, we will provide you with a pre-paid shipping label. We generally pay claims (minus the minimum postage fee for the label) within 3-5 business days of item receipt.
    * For items still covered by a manufacturer warranty at the time of claim: First, we will help you file a claim with your manufacturer.
    o If the manufacturer replaces or repairs your item, your SquareTrade Care Plan will cover your manufacturer repaired or replaced item.
    o If the manufacturer refuses to honor their warranty because they consider your item grey market or not purchased from an authorized retailer, we will still cover you.
    * If we decide to repair, here's how the coverage works:
    o For Shippable Items: We will give you a pre-paid shipping label (for laptops and TVs, we will mail you a shipping kit to ensure item safety). Once you've shipped your item to our service depot, we will repair it within 3-5 days and then ship it back to you at no cost to you. Laptops get express shipment both to and from our depot.
    o For Desktop Computers, Televisions over 37 inches and Large Appliances: We will help you schedule an appointment with a local repair facility for in-home service and we will pay the repair facility directly.

What is not covered: Refer to the details of the contract for the full list, but there are 5 notable exclusions to your coverage.

* Product failures within the first 60 days: We don't cover items that are dead on arrival or that fail within the first 60 days.
    * Accidental damage: Unless Accidental Damage from Handling Protection is purchased, we don't cover items that are accidentally damaged - such as water damage, dropped iPods, and cracked laptop screens.
    * Accessories and Consumer replaceable parts: We don't cover accessories and parts that are meant to be replaced by the consumer, such as batteries and ink cartridges.
    * Software: We don't cover software issues, including software for computers, cell phones and PDAs.
    * Certain Types of Items. Items used in a commercial setting (e.g., an office printer) or fraudulently misrepresented are not covered.

Value of your coverage: The total value of your warranty is in most cases equal to the purchase price of your item. For every valid claim filed against your item for which we provide repair services, the total value of your coverage is reduced by the cost of the repair services rendered. In the event a valid claim is filed with us and repair costs are estimated to exceed the current value of your warranty - the balance of your warranty value will be offered instead.

How to get service: Simply log into SquareTrade.com, go to My Warranties and select the Claims tab. Select the correct item, the reason for the claim, and its specific issue from the drop-down menus. Also briefly describe the problem in the next box below. You'll also be asked a few questions that will help us isolate the likely problems. You will be contacted shortly after you submit your claim with instructions on how to proceed next.

You can also call us at 1-877-900-7283, weekdays from 6am-5pm PST. Typically, we process your claim the same day and repair or reimburse you within 3-5 business days of receiving your item.

* For items bought outside of eBay: you need to have a copy of the item's receipt (with the purchase date and price) on file with SquareTrade before a claim can be processed. You can email or fax a copy of your receipt at any time.
    * For items bought on eBay: SquareTrade keeps a copy of the eBay auction information in our records, so you do not need to submit a receipt at any time.

Deductible: For cell phones covered by our ADH warranty, a $50 deductible applies to ADH claims. If your issue falls under the standard Care Plan terms (i.e., a mechanical or electrical failure), no deductible applies.

For all other item types, SquareTrade has waived the deductible for filing a claim, so there is no deductible for filing an ADH claim.

Refund Policy: We will provide you with a full refund if you cancel your Service Agreement 30 days from purchase of the Care Plan. If you choose to cancel your Service Agreement after this period, we will pro-rate your refund based on how much time has passed. You can also transfer your Service Agreement at any time at no cost.

Marketing Communications: We may periodically send you marketing offers via e-mail. If you do not wish to receive these offers, simply click the opt-out link provided at the bottom of any e-mail.
    Service Agreement

SquareTrade Care Plan
    575 Market Street, 10th Floor
    San Francisco, CA 94105

15. brettatk macrumors regular

Good deal. Hopefully they'll still have this deal when I get my iPad.

16. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I am not a klutz but I always get it anyway. All it takes is dropping it the right way or a dog knocking it off the table. I would rather pay $75 now just in case than $400 if it actually happens.

I have also had a lot of electronics devices just stop working for no apparent reason within 1 to 2 months of the manufacturer's warranty expiring. I have had a laptop and a Nintendo Wii replaced that just stopped working. So the way I see it, so far I have saved myself more money by purchasing extended warranties than I have put out for them. (I have actually never had to make a claim for accidental damage or through SqareTrade so I can't speak to them specifically...I didn't know they existed when I got my warranties through Wal-Mart and Best Buy previously)

Also the great thing about SquareTrade is that the warranties are transferable so if you go to resell, you might be able to put your price a little higher since you are including transfer of the warranty.

17. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

alright I think i'll just do it and get it off my mind. I've spent so much money recently that I just need to get it over with.

$880 (including tax) on ipad
    $75 for smart cover
    $50 ipad apps
    $299 new headphones (since I'm going to be using the ipad+skype instead of a cell phone)
    $35 verizon 3g
    and now another $75 for squaretrade.

18. fishcube macrumors 6502

So ADH is separate price? What is price after discount for warranty and ADH?

19. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

After the promo code the total price for 2 year iPad2 including accidental damage is about $75. More or less depending on sales tax.

20. jedolley macrumors 68000

I think i'm going to pass... I was strongly considering this when I posted the same code the other day, but then remembered I get an extra year of warranty for using my AMEX. I would still like to have ADH, but i'm not willing to pay for the full warranty to get it. It would be nice if they sold just the ADH, but I understand why they don't do that.

21. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

It covers accidental damage, so drops, spills, etc. It does not cover theft or loss. They also cover the usual hardware failures if you are out of warranty with Apple (since they also cover hardware failures for up to a year).

The limitations that I can find is that if you get a scratch they will consider that "cosmetic" damage and that is not covered. They will replace a cracked screen though, which is what I got it for.

22. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Has anyone actually ever paid to have an iPad screen replaced. I remember for the iphone it was $100-$150 somewhere around there.

23. TheBaconKing macrumors regular

TheBaconKing

24. biosci macrumors 6502a

I just asked an Apple employee that for a phone, it's $199.

So, take the price of the warranty, plus the $50 deductible.... and there you have it. (For screen that is).

Mike

25. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

thanks. though with squaretrade on the ipad2 i believe there is no deductible anymore. Also, did you ask which phone that was for? The iphone 4's screen and digitizer are glued to the glass, so if you crack the glass you have to replace the lcd and digitizer as well. For the ipad, if you crack the glass you only have to replace the glass/digitizer, not the lcd itself.