Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tcufrog

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
I've just ordered a 42mm SS WSB. What's the chances of me getting this before my 42mm SG Sport BSB, which is scheduled between May 28 - June 9?

Dan

I did the same, 42mm SG Sport 4/10 XX15 still processing may 13-27, then ordered a 42mm SS WSB on 4/25 early AM cause I noticed these threads said they were moving. It still says June and I have not been charges. I think we may get them before.....But When? Thats what I want to Know!

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I did the same, 42mm SG Sport 4/10 XX15 still processing may 13-27, then ordered a 42mm SS WSB on 4/25 early AM cause I noticed these threads said they were moving. It still says June and I have not been charges. I think we may get them before.....But When? Thats what I want to Know!

I ordered a 42 SS WSB at 9am on 25/4 here in the UK and got a June delivery window. It went Preparing For Dispatch about an hour ago.....

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
I ordered a 42 SS WSB at 9am on 25/4 here in the UK and got a June delivery window. It went Preparing For Dispatch about an hour ago.....

So these are literally moving in every country but the U.S.

I don't understand. I ordered mine hours after yours.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006

You'd think the U.S would see some of these shipping. Weird how its been U.K and Austrailia mostly with the 42mm SS WSB shipping almost immediately.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
You'd think the U.S would see some of these shipping. Weird how its been U.K and Austrailia mostly with the 42mm SS WSB shipping almost immediately.

TBH its good to see the UK get some love... you guys in the U.S. have had shipments and order processing all over the weekend whereas we haven't ;)

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009

WELCOME TO THE ENTIRE PRE-ORDER PROCESS.

It's not logical.

Different countries/continents have different inventories allocated to them. For example, Europe seems to have infinite SS WSB's on tap, whereas we (USA) are stuck in endless queues for weeks on end.

But don't worry, a local boutique in California has plenty of in-store stock!

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006

It's not logical.

Different countries/continents have different inventories allocated to them. For example, Europe seems to have infinite SS WSB's on tap, whereas we (USA) are stuck in endless queues for weeks on end.

It has been a pretty awful launch. I'd think the USA would get significantly more allocation than other countries, but maybe thats just my bias.

In any event, it is funny how that 1 boutique store still has stock. This whole launch has been a comedy of errors.

CrackerJackToy

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
No offense to other countries, but it straight pisses me off that a American company seems to be favoring other countries with these allocation rates. I ordered 6 days ago, and have noticed PLENTY of UK/Aussy's getting their 42 WSB having ordered AFTER me. How in the hell is this fair?

Again, no offense. Its not your guys' fault. But its like cutting the line.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
I just think it's weird that different countries have different models allocated to them in abundance. How it should have worked is going in order of who pre-ordered, then shipping them out of China based on that.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
It has been a pretty awful launch. I'd think the USA would get significantly more allocation than other countries, but maybe thats just my bias.

In any event, it is funny how that 1 boutique store still has stock. This whole launch has been a comedy of errors.

It's not bias, it's Apple's home market, and I hate to say this, but if quantity is limited, then it should be allocated to your home market first. Support the market by driving the economy where you are based out of, let alone tax revenue.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
It's not bias, it's Apple's home market, and I hate to say this, but if quantity is limited, then it should be allocated to your home market first. Support the market by driving the economy where you are based out of, let alone tax revenue.

That would make sense to me. Only thing I can think of is demand is not that high in other countries so in certain limited instances people are getting their watches early.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC

What's its 'home market' when it was assembled in china, designed in the US, by an englishman, contains Israeli IP, made of aluminium from Australia, with chips from Taiwan?

Freaking center of the universe attitude..

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
What's its 'home market' when it was assembled in china, designed in the US, by an englishman, contains Israeli IP, made of aluminium from Australia, with chips from Taiwan?

If we're going to talk about patent origination, raw material sources, and manufacturing, then this discussion would apply to MANY companies that choose to roll out their product initially only in their home country, or a very limited selection.

Apple's approach here is more the exception than the rule.

There are plenty of products that are engineered in one country, with many facets of the product derived from other countries, yet rolled in the home country first. Off the top of my head, this would apply to BMW, who is based out of and designs out of Germany, yet produces inventory in places such as South America. Germany always receive models much earlier than the states.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
If we're going to talk about patent origination, raw material sources, and manufacturing, then this discussion would apply to MANY companies that choose to roll out their product initially only in their home country, or a very limited selection.

Apple's approach here is more the exception than the rule.

Not many companies are as far reaching as Apple. With multi billions of dollars of off shore money that it's keeping out of the hands of the tax man of its 'home country'

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Not many companies are as far reaching as Apple. With multi billions of dollars of off shore money that it's keeping out of the hands of the tax man of its 'home country'

You do realize that the tax derived from sales of Apple products that is paid by consumers far exceeds the tax liabilty Apple would pay on all income derived from operations in the states? You're talking to a CPA ;)

Take their sales revenue times an average effective tax rate the consumer pays, and that's going to trump their operating income by a huge multiplier that Apple would owe.

Lacasse

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2006

Yup, I was going to say that: Apple is a Chinese company, headquartered in the U.S. They employ hundreds of thousands in China under the guise of Foxconn and Pegatron. Don't be naive.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
You do realize that the tax derived from sales of Apple products that is paid by consumers far exceeds the tax liabilty Apple would pay on all income derived from operations in the states? You're talking to a CPA ;)

Take their sales revenue times an average effective tax rate the consumer pays, and that's going to trump their operating income by a huge multiplier that Apple would owe.

Good. I'm a CPA, CA ;)
what you're saying doesn't make any sense. Why would you multiply Apple's corporate gross revenue (not even net income!) with someone's personal tax rate..
If what you're talking about is that Apple would do this for the benefit of the IRS - I'm saying that's bollocks...as evidenced by the fact that they're so opposed to the idea of repatriation of overseas profits.

Anyway, we digress. I'm saying it makes zero sense for Apple to prioritize its home country first in any product distribution. Whatever 'home country' means. There is a principle called the 'low hanging fruit' principle that i learned in econ101. The ones that haven't got their watches by now, are those who didnt order at 3am EST.

Apple would be wise to first serve those that are willing to put down their cash cold in the first minute after 3:00am, regardless of where they are, if they want to maximize sales, as opposed to waiting until there is saturation in one country before moving to the next.

cwieberdink

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2008
Ordered my wifes 38mm a couple days ago, preparing for shipment!! I ordered my 42mm launch morning (1hr late) and mine is still pending. lol

Ok this makes me mad. This poster is in New Mexico USA. I ordered a 38 mm SSWSB on Saturday afternoon and have no movement. The full charge is still listed as pending on my Amex but it hasn't become a permanent charge. Zero change in order status. EOD on Monday saying 3-4 weeks.

JoshuaLove

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
Has anyone had any movement that ordered the watch after the initial pre orders went live? US only please.

macuserpl

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Szczecin, Poland

It's not logical.

Yeah, the stock on 42 SS WSB in Europe is so infinite that mine (ordered on 10/4) is still stuck at processing :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.