Star Wars Finally will be on Blu Ray

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macfan881, Aug 14, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. Xavier macrumors 68020

It seems like I just bought the Star Wars DVD pack.

Well, some time down the road I will probably buy this on Blu Ray as the deleted scenes added appeals to me.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Should be a nice upgrade from my vhs collection lol

4. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Only four years after the introduction of Blu Ray. They're getting quicker. The DVD release was seven looooooong years after DVDs were introduced.
    I wonder why they took so long. :confused:

5. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Ugh. I really hope they put ALL of the deleted scenes on the Blu-ray's as special features. Anchorhead, etc. Lucas has been sitting on PILES of deleted scenes. Heck, there are even a few scenes from the prequels he didn't put on the DVD releases.

Does anyone know if he plans on 'opening the floodgates', so to speak? 'Cuz if he just gives us one or two new scenes and that's it, I'll be a bit disappointed.

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I hope it has the original edition as well as the special edition.

7. pooryou macrumors 65816

I would only buy the original editions of Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back.
    Not interested in anything else, or special editions. Therefore most likely buying nothing, knowing GL.

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

^^^^^ THIS.

No-one around where I live seems to remember that the ending was different in Episode VI than what is currently out there, and that the remade the ending to account for the other worlds introduced in Episodes I - III.

Besides.. Seeing Lando clapping offbeat looking around, wondering "what the hell am I doing here?!?" is priceless.

BL.

9. GregAndonian macrumors 6502

Wow, this is really cool!

That new 27' iMac with the SSD is looking even more atractive to me now- cause on a screen like that, this would look AMAZ-

Oh, wait.

...nevermind.

:rolleyes:;)

Seriously though- hopefully this will help convince Steve that Blu-ray isn't on it's way out. Lucas likes to wait for a new format to mature before releasing Star Wars on it, and sales of Blu-ray players will accelerate because of this.

Revenge of the Sith is going to be incredible on blu!

10. djellison macrumors 68020

Not a chance.

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Speaking of SWHD. The entire series is on SpikeHD all weekend.

12. Kieranic Guest

Sweet :p

I doubt I'll buy it though because I already have all 6 on DVD, and I don't watch them enough to buy it all again on Blu-ray.

13. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Great. Last time he added stuff to the movies, we wound up with crap like the cartoony Mos Eisley scenes and the ghost of Hayden Christensen at the end of Jedi. Oh yeah, and he took out the yub-yub song. I'll just stick with my dvds of the laserdisc versions.

Attached Files:

14. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The worst offense was the redone visage of the emperor scene in Empire. Darth Vader's lines are changed and the spooky hologram is replaced with the emperor as he appeared in Episode III (i.e. retarded).

15. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Of course, the worst offense was having Greedo shoot first. I wish he would just quit molesting them.

16. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Also, that new song scene on ROTJ. I'll never understand why Lucas added that garbage to the movie. That song sucks. The animation sucks. It didn't add anything to the story. Me no likey.

17. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

For a second there I thought you were talking about the entire prequel series. Oops.

18. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Meesa wonderin why you don't likea the prequels.

19. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Jar Jar Binks aside, TPM was the best of the prequels. Darth Maul was a BAMF and Lucas obviously realized that giving him more than 8 minutes of screen time would cause multiple brain explosions due to awesome overload.

20. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Normally this would be reason to celebrate but the changes just are awful. Sure it would cost a lot to do up the originals but that it would also be what people would buy. The notion that it wouldn't make money is preposterous.

21. Xavier macrumors 68020

I know :) I've been watching it. Inspired my avatar, then saw this thread :eek: Lots of Star Wars for one day

22. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

2011? C'mon, man. GL loves to drag it out. Bet he re-releases the movies in theaters for a limited time, too.:rolleyes: (I'd still probably go:eek:)

23. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

I recently read Lucas is working on making all six films into 3D. So let's get all the Blu Ray discs in 2011 and buy the series again (for the 14th time) on 3D Blu Ray in 2013.

I hope George someday lets other writers and directors make new films (not based on Anakin). I don't want to keep buying the same series over and over in different media formats. I want new films, damnit!

24. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Yeah, other than Jar Jar, the horrible accents of the trade federation, and Jake Lloyd, TPM wasn't bad. Darth Maul and Qui-Gon Jinn weren't bad though I was annoyed they killed off Darth Maul so quickly. Liam Neeson can make almost any movie better, but he couldn't totally save that one. I also have to say Ewan McGregor absolutely nailed Obi-Wan. I swear he was channeling Alex Guinness

25. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

hey just be glad it didnt take 5-6 years like it did for the DVD to come out...