Steve Jobs and Eric Schmidt Seen Chatting at Palo Alto Restaurant

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

In a meeting of rival CEOs, Apple's Steve Jobs and Google's Eric Schmidt were spotted today sipping coffee and talking business at a Palo Alto restaurant. Increasing tensions between the two companies and their chief executives have apparently not stopped the two from getting together to talk business, although it is unknown exactly what their discussion was about.
Overheard from the conversation were two lines by Jobs. Enthusiastically, "They're going to see it all eventually so who cares how they get it." Which seemed to be about web content, said the tipster. And, "Let's go discuss this somewhere more private," after they noticed the crowd gathering around. I think that was probably a wise move. Schmidt was very quiet, listening, and Jobs was doing a lot of the talking.
Schmidt had been a member of Apple's Board of Directors and a close advisor to the company, but he resigned in August 2009 as the two companies began to compete in an increasing number of areas.

Article Link: Steve Jobs and Eric Schmidt Seen Chatting at Palo Alto Restaurant

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
""They're going to see it all eventually so who cares how they get it." Which seemed to be about web content, said the tipster."

How can that be interpreted about web content ? :confused:

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
He rich, yet he wears the same thing every day?
He's very into simplicity and minimalism, just look at the way apple products are designed. I think its a conscious choice to wear a simple black turtleneck and jeans, even though he could easily afford any clothes he wanted.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
So Steve said "Let's go discuss this somewhere more private"?

Presumably Eric replied with "well maybe if you don't want people to know what we're doing, maybe we shouldn't be doing it!". :p

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
While it doesn't seem surprising that Jobs did all the talking, I would hope that he could also listen a bit and maybe glean some insight on what's going on in Schmidt's head.

As the saying goes... we have two ears and one mouth for a reason.

chrissnv

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2009
It looks like they are right outside of an Apple store!
Actually this is not the Apple Store. The Apple Store is further down University Avenue opposite a Borders (at least for now). The Rumor is that they are thinking about moving to another location on that street.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
Two questions:

1) Is that an iPad on the table?
2) Who paid for the coffee? :D

-Kevin
I was wondering if that was an iPad on the table too. Only other thing I think it could be was the bill, but for just coffee? Probably was an iPad! :cool:

""They're going to see it all eventually so who cares how they get it." Which seemed to be about web content, said the tipster."

How can that be interpreted about web content ? :confused:
How can it NOT be? Maybe not web, but it was obviously about content I would say!

Now thats a publicity stunt if ever I saw one!
Ya, actually one of the first things that popped into my mind about this is that it was planned to help both companies images and relationship seem better in the press!

He rich, yet he wears the same thing every day?
He's very into simplicity and minimalism, just look at the way apple products are designed. I think its a conscious choice to wear a simple black turtleneck and jeans, even though he could easily afford any clothes he wanted.
Yes, it is a conscious decision on Steve's part. Kind of cool if you think about it. Not my cup of tea though haha :D Honestly, it seems weird whenever I see Steve dressed in anything BUT the black turtle neck and blue jeans with his New Balance sneakers lol!

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2005
Steve Jobs - never changing his clothes. :p
I can imagine what his wardrobe looks like lol

/fanboy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.