Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

japasneezemonk

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2005
Nomad
Ansel Adams signed original prints are valued anywhere from $20,000 - $50,000. Apparently Steve Jobs was a fan, so this guy could have walked out with a couple prints and racked up the $60,000 in stolen property.

HangmanSwingset

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Everett, WA
Bad luck right there! Of all the house to break into they break into a house that belonged to one of the most famous people on the planet.

I think I found the suspect then.

cab.png

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
i'm sure he's had the opportunities you've had to succeed in life.

Everyone comes out with no clothes on. Maybe keeping your political views out would help your mind open up.

Breaking into someone's house is wrong no matter who or what. Why should you come take what I worked to get, regardless of who or what I am or am not.

Judging by the Facebook pictures, if it is in fact him, he should spend that money on things other than "the cluuuub." This is based on facts not an opinion, if it is in fact his Facebook.

tbrinkma

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2006
You should get a nicer bag next time. Perhaps, he was a picky thief.:eek:

Ok, that's worth posting a "LOL". :D :p

To be fair, *I* think it was a great bag. I still have it, though it doesn't serve as a laptop bag any more since it wasn't designed for wide-screen laptops.

pwhitehead

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2011
new jersey
Get ready for random black male and pictures + documents and secret apple info to be released. Don't think just because a suspect is caught doesn't mean someone isn't working on the leak ATM.

truelies

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2011
it takes a lot of iPads and Retina display MacBooks to add up to $60,000.

Maybe he also got Macbook air in retina and ipad 4, 5? Looks like they already have retina Macbooks before Jobs dead. I believe a lot of people here want to be that thief, but that guy even not an apple fan.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
I hope this isn't the guy who did it, and that he finds you and beats 7 shades of crap out of you for posting his photo in relation to this crime.

Easy buddy. Someone else posted the link earlier in the thread so don't point fingers before you know who to point them at. I simply said if.

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
it takes a lot of iPads and Retina display MacBooks to add up to $60,000.
Most of the news sources are saying "computers and personal items." At least one of the local papers is more specific and saying "computers and jewelry" which probably means Laurene's baubles, maybe a few wristwatches, etc.

Cavalier777

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2012
Everyone comes out with no clothes on.

Yeah, but, Lucky, if you're really lucky, then it's totally possible that he was very unlucky.

----------

Breaking into someone's house is wrong no matter who or what. Why should you come take what I worked to get, regardless of who or what I am or am not.

you should've read the post that I was replying to. i'm saying the guy deserves his punishment, and nothing more. not defending him, but saying that he's no better or worse than your common pickpocket.

----------

Judging by the Facebook pictures, if it is in fact him, he should spend that money on things other than "the cluuuub." This is based on facts not an opinion, if it is in fact his Facebook.

so you're not a "cluuuub" type guy. that's cool, I respect that, neither am I. however, i'd like to point out that it takes less-than-optimal environments to make you pour your life into the "cluuuub" lifestyle.

hakuin

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2010
At least no one was assaulterized, or even murderated.

Just a plain old burglarization.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.