Steve Jobs in Good Health

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following Apple's WWDC keynote last week, there had been speculation and concern amongst messageboards and blogs about Steve Jobs' health. Steve Jobs underwent surgery for pancreatic cancer two years ago, but since had reportedly made a full recovery.

Information Week blogger obtained an official response from Apple's VP of worldwide corporate communications:

Steve's health is robust and we have no idea where these rumors are coming from.

Jwalker9

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2006
Glad to hear it. He must be on a diet or something because he certainly looked different than he has in the past. I was just hoping his cancer was not coming back.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
Jwalker9 said:
Glad to hear it. He must be on a diet or something because he certainly looked different than he has in the past. I was just hoping his cancer was not coming back.
I'm glad they've come out and said something because he did look thinner.
But you have to think, if there was the slightest hint that Steve was having a relapse, there's no way he'd even be at WWDC let alone present the keynote. He'd be in hospital or at home having treatment or recuperating.

There comes a point with your health when business and work can go to hell and your health is what matters.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
They can say whatever they want, I still think he looked rather frail.

"we have no idea where these rumors are coming from."

Were they watching the same keynote?

WildPalms

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2006
Honolulu, HI
We love the Steve !

Where else and who else recieves such interest, what other company or CEO would have people in forums concerned about his health....

God I love Apple! Long live the Steve!

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
I thought he looked alright at the WWDC. You wanna see a sickly Steve Jobs? Watch the video of the iPod HiFi/Intel Mac mini release - now that is a sickly Steve Jobs.

He did look thin but he seemed in high spirits, at the HiFi release he just looked in pain.

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
Chundles said:
...at the HiFi release he just looked in pain.
He was effected by the community response to the hi-fi and leather iPod sleeves. People voting negative on Macrumors is like kryptonite to Steve Jobs.

mdntcallr

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2000
lets wish Steve some good health!

and the smarts to stay out of helicopters and away from silly backdating of stock options

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
miniConvert said:
They don't know where the rumours are coming from? Hello? Did you not see the keynote?!
Exactly. Apple and Steve have to respond far more fully if they hope to put these concerns to rest.

MacRumoron

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2005
DavidLeblond said:
They can say whatever they want, I still think he looked rather frail.

"we have no idea where these rumors are coming from."

Were they watching the same keynote?
well they see Steve everyday so they wouldn't notice the difference.. unlike us who see him periodically

it is kind of like family members, you don't notice they are growing but when you visit relatives they go "wow you have grown"

anyway, glad nothing is wrong with steve :p