Steve Jobs on stamps?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ajvizzgamer101, Sep 27, 2011.

1. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Article and Poll: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/26/national/main20111543.shtml

Recently, USPS has be struggling to stay alive. Because people are big stamp collectors. Their solution is to allow not only dead famous people on stamps but also living ones. You can vote from Neil Armstrong to Snooki to Lady Gaga (whom is winning atm). Steve Job is on the poll, so lets put Steve Jobs on a stamp!! ;)

2. gmoney8869 macrumors newbie

Thats incredibly ridiculous. Having Armstrong or Jobs is one thing, though obviously Bill Gates should be on postage before Jobs. Lady Gaga and especially Snooki would be humiliating on government issued postage.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Just voted for Neil Armstrong. Sorry, I'll take the first man to set foot on the moon over the guy who invented the iPhone on my stamps :rolleyes:

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Lady GaGa is winning and Snooki has one percent of the votes yet Martin Scorsese has 0%?

[​IMG]

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Fixed. :D

It is sad to see someone like Snookie be considered a public figure worthy of being on a stamp next to Edith Wharton, Harriet Tubman or even true actors like Humphrey Bogart.

I picked Palin. :p I kid I kid.

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Not me, the moon landing was the work of many people, Armstrong was just a pawn, and the moon landing has no effect on our lives today. It was actually pretty pointless which is part of the reason we never went back. Jobs actually did many things to change the world and had a huge impact of many lives today. I pick Jobs, he's more important than Neil Armstrong.

7. EvenStranger macrumors member

I was going to say Gaga and Snooki should be self adhesive, as no one's going to lick them, but in reality, normal stamps should be fine as neither of them has any taste anyway. :-D

8. applefan289 macrumors 68000

9. tjsdaname macrumors 6502

I had to vote for Neil Armstrong. he is the most deserving person on that pathetic list....

10. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I'd like to know who is voting. If lady gaga beats out all those people in the eye of the American public then say what you want about us. We are doomed.

11. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Much ado over nothing...

The people voting are visitors to the CBS News website who happen to vote in a CBS News poll. It's a CBS News poll -- not an official UPS poll. The "winner" of the poll isn't going to automatically be on a U.S. stamp sometime in the future.

If you truly want to prevent Lady Gaga from being the person chosen (thereby preventing the Doom of Humankind), follow the advice as stated in the CBS article:

The Postage Service is "inviting suggestions through Facebook, Twitter, a postal service website and, of course, by mail to the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee, c/o Stamp Development, Room 3300, 475 L'Enfant Plaza SW, Washington DC 20260-3501."

12. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

Do some reading on the technology that was invented and became available to the public thanks to the space program. It most definitely affected our lives!

13. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

The moon landing was fake. The iPhone is real as far as I can tell. SJ gets my vote. Besides the mo-fo is dying. Have a heart people.

14. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Yeah, cos being on a stamp is his dying wish. How about have a heart and let him have the privacy he so obviously prefers.

15. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

In the spirit of open minded and reasonable discussion of all points of view - WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!! :D

16. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Transformers 3, right?

The iPhone was a work of many people as well.

Plus, you are highly mistaken if you think the Space program has had no benefit on society at all.

17. InuNacho macrumors 65816

InuNacho

I guess I'm one of the ten people that voted for Steven Spielberg.

18. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Shouldn't Jonathan Ive be on there above Jobs, isn't it he who is the one who designs these products?

Indeed the guy who headed up Psion (remember them?) division to create a hard disk music player who worked on Apple's iPod, Jobs did bugger all.

Edit:

They should do a series of war hero's, anyone who has been commemorated for brave acts in war time to be put on stamps :)

19. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

True, Ive is often forgotten when people talk about Apple.

20. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

I want Snooki to be on a stamp, I'll get some temporary joy out of smashing her ugly face onto the envelope at least.

21. ajvizzgamer101 thread starter macrumors 65816

Now that Steve has passed away. I think he will be on a stamp regardless of silly votes. I think Lady Gaga needs at least 5 more years till she can go on a stamp. Snooki should never be. Bill Gates should just for being riches man. Jobs put forth more effort than most on that list even Armstrong.

22. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

If I was Bill Gates I'd just buy all the stamps and redo them with my face.. cos there's nothing people can do about it :)

23. jobs1 macrumors newbie

Yes he wanted to be in the stamps such an historic icon for new revolution of technology.

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I sure hope you're talking about self-adhesive?? :eek:

I would expect the Reverend Fred Shuttlesworth will be accommodated first.

All he did was put his life on the line. :rolleyes: