Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vegetassj4

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2014
I’m curious how PSA was able to authenticate the signature. I’d imagine that there’s no reliable way to actually do so.

At least with athletic memorabilia, you can get a photo with the athlete and it can be labeled “1 of 100 signed” or something similar.

The only definitive way would be a DNA match i think… i wonder what they provide the owner regarding its authenticity. Id not be surprised it would say, to the best of our knowledge and testing, this item is “considered” genuine.

It does say DNA on the sticker next to the card, although I have no clue what PSA/DNA is maybe I should’ve looked into that first lol

They can probably chemically date the paper and the ink. Of course, someone could have created a fake Steve Jobs business card forty years ago and sold it now.
Simple, Rick calls his guy and voila:

Gold-and-Sliver-Pawn-and-PSA.jpg

Last edited:

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Not the type of person to pay for an autograph of anyone, though I can sort of get an idea on why some people might want to have this. If you are super passionate about something, or have been heavily influenced by someone in the past, having a piece that sort of connects you to them can have some value personally. What I think is crazier is people paying for Hermes cases for their AirTags and other crazy wrist band pricing for Apple Watches.

ricardoPT

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
Portugal
A piece of paper with some guys name on it worth as much as a house.

Makes perfect sense.
I understand what you're saying, but it's also a piece of history.

It is only available to some people who might use the money to feed hungry people or something better... but if you have a lot of money you can do both.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
Not the type of person to pay for an autograph of anyone, though I can sort of get an idea on why some people might want to have this. If you are super passionate about something, or have been heavily influenced by someone in the past, having a piece that sort of connects you to them can have some value personally. What I think is crazier is people paying for Hermes cases for their AirTags and other crazy wrist band pricing for Apple Watches.
Airtags cases are the worst… they cost more than the AirTags 😂😂

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
People that buy stuff like this do it for an investment. Some day in the future this same card will be auctioned off for 1 million $$$

IIGS User

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2019
A house is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Same with this.

You can live in a house. Or rent it out to make money.

People will always need shelter and a place to live. No one ever really NEEDS a business card signed by Steve Jobs.

Reactions: freedomlinux

Jorgen E

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2023
Why is the name Steve always used anywhere in stead of his real name Steven? Has wondered me for years.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
It’s comforting to know his handwriting was as crappy as mine. Maybe my future is bright after all.

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
Why is the name Steve always used anywhere in stead of his real name Steven? Has wondered me for years.

"Steven" was used for things like legal documents but it's not unusual for someone to publicly use (and be better known by) a nickname instead of their full name e.g., Steve Wozniak instead of Stephen Wozniak, Tim Cook instead of Timothy Cook, Jeff Bezos instead of Jeffrey Bezos, Bill Gates instead of William Gates, etc.

Last edited:

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
Not places that most people would want to live. I'm blocks from one of the most poverty stricken cities in America and my town starts at like 200k. Any less and I'm literally living in a ghetto.

If you do a search on sites like realtor.com, you will find plenty of places around the U.S. with houses under $200,000 that aren't "ghettos."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.