Steve Jobs to Keynote Apple Expo?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Some big announcement, huh? G5 PowerBooks to tide us over until the Intel batch comes out? ;) Or perhaps a video iPod... :eek:

Good to hear Jobs will be giving the Keynote - I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on the Forums that day! :cool:

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2005
My money is on video iPods...

My money is on video iPods. We'll probably get the Gen 5 video iPod. It's been well over a year since the last generational rev of the iPod. It's due.

ZorPrime

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2005
Los Angeles
keeping fingers crossed...

All I want is a PowerBook with a "true" HD LCD screen... you know, like an XBright UXGA or something! :mad:

I also wonder if Steve'll demo a PlayStation 3 running OSX? Apple + Sony + Intel = :eek:

steve jr.

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2005
Akron, OH
I say the tablet Macs. Dual Core PB's are wishfull thinking. And I think the year of HD is pretty much done with because of the new displays and the software. I think the video iPod could be a possibility, but I think it would be a little premature.

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2005
steve jr. said:
I say the tablet Macs. Dual Core PB's are wishfull thinking. And I think the year of HD is pretty much done with because of the new displays and the software. I think the video iPod could be a possibility, but I think it would be a little premature.
Maybe, maybe not. It would fit with an big update for iTunes. And last I checked we're out of 4.x numbers for iTunes ;).

Plus hasn't Steve been negotiation movie deals with different movie companies?

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
Wow the iMac g5 is that old. I remember the morning it came out. I can't wait for more intel info, and maybe a new product.

steve jr.

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2005
Akron, OH
bosrs1 said:
Maybe, maybe not. It would fit with an big update for iTunes. And last I checked we're out of 4.x numbers for iTunes ;).

Plus hasn't Steve been negotiation movie deals with different movie companies?
Good points. But, wouldn't it make more sence to wait till closer to the holidays to do an iPod + iTunes update? And about the movies, those rumors are more recent. Not really enough time to get something together, in my opinion.

Edit: Sorry. Didn't read the article until now to see that the Expo is next month.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
i don't see tablet macs yet but i definitely seeing these 2 things and i surprise we didnt think of:

1. iPod video + iPlay: tunes and flicks
2. improved screens + batteries in G5 PBs

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
steve jr. said:
Good points. But, wouldn't it make more sence to wait till closer to the holidays to do an iPod + iTunes update? And about the movies, those rumors are more recent. Not really enough time to get something together, in my opinion.

Edit: Sorry. Didn't read the article until now to see that the Expo is next month.
I don't think so, because of demand. The 4G iPods were released in July, and they still had a huge demand for the holidays. Pushing it any further back might cause supply problems for Apple.
-Chase

bosrs1

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2005
steve jr. said:

Well it's possible. But also remember who the biggest users of online movies are... college students. And guess what starts in late September most years... College. The timing would be PERFECT.

Neuro

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2003
London
It's got to be PowerBooks. It's a huge area of their business that has been really neglected lately. Either a new low-power G5 PB or a dual-core G4 PB. The iBooks have just been bumped, so the PBs simply can't survive until the Intel switch next year - there must be an interim update. Or maybe it will be a fast Intel PB? :)

The only other option is some bitchin' new consumer multimedia device to take the heat off the rusty old PBs...

iPod video? Nah. Pointless! You can already get 'compelling' video content on most phones with larger screens that the iPod, and most people would admit it's absolute crap.

Patch^

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2005
Great Britain
I think there will be an iTunes and iPod update (maybe video), maybe a powerbook update of some kind if were lucky :). Most likely an iPod mini update with colour screens, especially with all the free ones going around with educational discounts. There could also be a shuffle update [2GB].

I say the tablet Macs. Dual Core PB's are wishfull thinking. And I think the year of HD is pretty much done with because of the new displays and the software. I think the video iPod could
be a possibility, but I think it would be a little premature.
We could see a tablet mac / PDA of some sort. But i don't think HD is done. Don't forget Blu-ray. Although they might not be added to any of the current lines there could be some discussion about it and some relation with sony (again).