Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

214159-01_425.jpg

ABC officially announced the cast list for Season 8 of their reality TV show Dancing with the Stars and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is listed amongst the contestants for this year's show.
A Silicon Valley icon and philanthropist for the past three decades, Steve Wozniak, a.k.a. "The Woz," helped shape the computer industry with his design of Apple's first line of products, the Apple I and II, and influenced the popular Macintosh. After leaving Apple Computer Inc. in 1985, Wozniak was involved in various business and philanthropic ventures, focusing primarily on computer capabilities in schools and stressing hands-on learning and encouraging creativity for students. In 2000, he was inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame and was awarded the prestigious Heinz Award for Technology, The Economy and Employment. Wozniak is also a published author with the release of his New York Times Best Selling autobiography, iWoz: From Computer Geek to Cult Icon, in September 2006.
Dancing with the Stars is a "reality"-based competition in which stars are paired with professional dancers to compete in various styles of ballroom dancing. At home viewers vote for their favorite dancing couple by phone.

Steve Wozniak along with Steve Jobs co-founded Apple, Inc. Wozniak was the engineer behind many of the early Apple computer designs. While he is said to remain an official employee of Apple, Wozniak plays no role in the day to day operations of the company.

Dancing with the Stars premieres on ABC on Monday, March 9th at 8 p.m.

Article Link: Steve Wozniak to Compete on 'Dancing with the Stars' TV Show

h.21

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2008
Loved him on Kathy Griffin's show. Woz is a great guy and a hell of an engineer.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Please do it on the segway!
Please do it on the segway
Please do it on the segway
Please do it on the segway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Woz, I suggest everyone take a read of his book iWoz, its great!

big duck

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2007
surely this is a page 2 story?
if that?

A guy who no longer does anything important is going on reality TV in America?

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
OH DEAR. I hope he shows up looking like he does in that picture.

kmcrawford

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2008
He's a great guy... But I've seen him on other reality shows... and I think he's there for people to laugh at him. It's kinda sad.

air-ick

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
I don't even know how to respond to that. I'm not a fan of those type of shows but might have to check it out.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Can't wait to see him upstage Denise Richards and Belinda Carlisle.. not!!!!

alexbates

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2008
Georgia, USA
HAHAHHAHHAHA. good luck! He'll be one hell of a dancer after the show!

Thats going to be something funny to watch!...

surely this is a page 2 story?
if that?

A guy who no longer does anything important is going on reality TV in America?

I guess there isn't anything better to report on the front page. I wish there was something more interesting to discuss though.

jackfrost123

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
and what's that got to do with the never happening mac mini update?:confused:

Anyway I don't find Wozniak particularly likable, I am sure a lot here share my sentiments.

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
This could get ugly

First Woz (with Sidekick). Then Gates (with Zune). Then Jobs (with iPod). Then developers, developers, developers, developers!

Let the high-tech competition begin.

tip

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
Hmmm, too early for April 1st. This is certainly odd news.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.