Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Wozniak permanently ended his full-time employment with Apple on February 6, 1987, 12 years after creating the company. He still remains an employee (and receives a paycheck)[4][3] and is a shareholder.[5] He also maintains connections with Steve Jobs.

I doubt he's doing it for the money, he's had many successful ventures and he has a couple doctrines, I'm guessing it's something fun to do for him.

Bosunsfate

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2006
Silicon Valley, CA
I feel that after all these years of hiatus from the public limelight, the "Woz" is stepping up to the plate:D. With :apple:Steve Jobs:apple: stepping aside for Tim Cook to take over, the "Woz" will fulfill that familiar face to associate with Apple routine that Jobs has had all these years. I am starting to see the "Woz" with that ever-so-familiar black shirt attire for his public photo shoots. He may not be as energitic on stage as Jobs', but this may stimulate a new Steve Wozniak that we have not seen yet. With a Hollywood "image enhancer", :apple:Steve Wozniak:apple: may very well be the next face for Apple (with his Segway and all).
214159-01_425.jpg

Given that the Woz was only involved with the Apple II I highly doubt this. But then again, I think your post was meant to be read as satire. ;)

powers74

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
Well put

"dancing with the has-beens"... perhaps the worst show currently on american network prime time?

Seriously, I don't know who has time to watch that stuff... Ok my stepmom, but still.

If Woz really is still an official employee, When is he going to convince Steve to start investing in laser based chips? It's the future!

macFanDave

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2003
Please, Steve, please! Try to not be the first one kicked off!

Try to be better than Billy Ray Cyrus.

Maybe we can show the power of the Mac "fanboi" by keeping him on with our overwhelming votes.

Chris F

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2007
Too much hate in the thread!

Let me distill this to something the male readership will understand:

Woz is going hang out with some incredibly beautiful women all whom could write a whole book on doing sexy right all while getting in really good shape and having some fun on a very highly viewed (I think DTWS is #1 in the summer ratings) national TV show.

Sounds a bit more appealing now no?

Bosunsfate

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2006
Silicon Valley, CA
Too much hate in the thread!

Let me distill this to something the male readership will understand:

Woz is going hang out with some incredibly beautiful women all whom could write a whole book on doing sexy right all while getting in really good shape and having some fun on a very highly viewed (I think DTWS is #1 in the summer ratings) national TV show.

Sounds a bit more appealing now no?

Maybe for Woz. But that doesn't change my opinion about how bad the show is. :)

Bregalad

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Vancouver
sometimes i wonder if woz is all there after that airplane accident. he always seems a little spaced out when i see him interviewed; more specifically he seems to not be able to stay on the topic of a conversation.

but i dont know him - maybe he was always like that.

i fear that he is there for other people to laugh at, as someone mentioned upthread.

The crash had a significant effect. He has admitted that he lost his ability to concentrate: a brilliant mind with attention deficit disorder.

He seems a likable fellow so I hope he dances well enough to stay around a few weeks. If nothing else all the practices will get him into better shape.

joeshell383

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs in the largest single shareholder of Disney. Disney owns ABC. Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak were two of the three cofounders of Apple.......

TPALTony

macrumors regular
May 29, 2007
id be willing to put money on the fact the he wont make it to week two.

Don't bet on it! They have kept people in it a LONG time due to popularity! Admittedly I'm not sure apple fans are a big enough demographic (at least not those to recognize his contributions!)

In the UK version of DWTS (called Strictly Come Dancing) a news reporter with two left feet had to quit the show because it became apparent he was gonna win! They had this internet voting thing going on and he was streaks out in front due to an internet "conspiracy!" :)

So you never know...

apeacock

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2008
I say good for Steve! I'm a huge apple geek and a competitive ballroom dancer, so it hits both of my interests (though I don't actually like the show for various reasons). I might just watch this season while he is around though.

APPLENEWBIE

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
The high desert, USA
Woz a goner?

I think it is possible that Steve Wozniak has been bumped from Dancing with the Stars. Earlier tonight there was an ad/blub that there had been two dropouts (or something like that). And a few minutes ago, there were two back to back ads for the show... and No Woz.

iPhoneNYC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2007
Woz

Before making fun of the guy, check out the video clip that floating around here. He seems to be enjoying himself and really into it. So tech boys just want to have fun...

APPLENEWBIE

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
The high desert, USA
He DANCES

Woz is not smooth. Woz is not fleet. Woz is not the most handsome guy on the stage.

But, Woz is game for a little fun! Way to go Woz!

Leo Laporte has suggested all geeks support Woz by voting for him each week on the show. This week the phone number to vote for Woz is 1-800-868-3410.

Oops. Looks like you have to vote within thirty minutes of the show end...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.