Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Based on information from a press release obtained by Gizmodo, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is planning to star in a reality television show where he will co-host with former Mythbusters star Kari Byron. The show will focus on gadgetry and the future of technology.

woz_byron.jpg
Embarking on an adventure. Like partner my new partner in crime? pic.twitter.com/GwbN5VXZ35 - Kari Byron (@KariByron) November 24, 2014
Said to be titled The Woz, the show will feature Wozniak interacting with and testing futuristic gadgets hands-on. The press release goes on to say that the show "introduces the audience to facilities where science fiction is quickly becoming reality."

Though a Tweet by Wozniak suggests the show was at least pitched to Discovery Channel, little else is known about The Woz at this time.

Article Link: Steve Wozniak to Star in an Upcoming Reality TV Show Focusing on Futuristic Tech

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Cool, I'm glad to see Kari involved in some show, since she was let go from the Mythbusters

I can't wait to see this

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Kari was always my favorite of The Build Team from Mythbusters.

I don't watch it regularly, but I'm sad that The Build Team isn't part of the Mythbusters anymore. The first few seasons (before The Build Team) were just soooo slow paced compared to when they got added in.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
I like the sound of this. It could be something like the British "Gadget Man" but with Wozniak instead of Stephen Fry or Richard Ayoade.

Woz's energy could really make it appealing.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Welp, I am officially sick of hearing about Wozniak.

The guy singlehandedly developed the Apple I and Apple II computer, and also personally developed the first practical method of generating colour on a computer that didn't cost almost $100'000. He co-founded one of the most profitable companies in history. Namely, the company that this website is dedicated to following.

If you don't want to read about him, fine. But please don't tell us all about how much of a loser he is. He's achieved more than you or me likely ever will.

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! 30 min of him telling me how smart he his, how he invented the computer, how he did this... how he did that... I'll pass. I got halfway through his iWoz book and deleted it. Forget about the fact he had nothing to do with "i" products, this guy doesn't miss a chance to tell you how smart he is.

camnchar

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
The guy singlehandedly developed the Apple I and Apple II computer, and also personally developed the first practical method of generating colour on a computer that didn't cost almost $100'000. He co-founded one of the most profitable companies in history. Namely, the company that this website is dedicated to following.

If you don't want to read about him, fine. But please don't tell us all about how much of a loser he is. He's achieved more than you or me likely ever will.

And where in my 9 word post did I say anything about "how much of a loser" Woz is? I like the guy well enough but man, lately it seems like he can't go 15 minutes without some type of press.

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
And before people start telling me how Jobs had an ego and how Jobs this and that.... Yeah, Jobs acted like he was the smartest person in the world. Woz will tell you he is the smartest person in the world. Those are two different things.

Dekema2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
WNY or Utica
Cool, I'm glad to see Kari involved in some show, since she was let go from the Mythbusters

I can't wait to see this

I'm just now finding out all three were let go. What happened, was it a budgeting issue? I don't understand the "new direction" they want to take the show in. A boring one?

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
They should get Belleci in there or back on Mythbusters...he was the best of the build team.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
And where in my 9 word post did I say anything about "how much of a loser" Woz is? I like the guy well enough but man, lately it seems like he can't go 15 minutes without some type of press.

I just sensed that your post was another in the long line of Woz hate comments as a result of ignorance. Perhaps yours is not, in which case I apologise for the mistake. Jobs was in the news every day. This guy shows up maybe once every 2 months at the very most and he always seems to get attacked.

dredlew

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2014
Japan

The thing is, that certain company became profitable and the most valuable company in the world because of Jobs, not because of him. He was just the tool to get there (in the beginning). Had he in those years been smart enough not just to build tech but also learn something about business from his pal, he'd still be with Apple and could enjoy the fame that he's so desperately trying to get.

This is what annoys me about this dude; trying to get into the spotlight wherever he can and give "educated opinions" about how Apple works, what products they should release next and how they should have done the just released product better. - Nobody cares! He missed the boat, yet he still tries to be part of it all. It's pathetic.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
The thing is, that certain company became profitable and the most valuable company in the world because of Jobs, not because of him. He was just the tool to get there (in the beginning). Had he in those years been smart enough not just to build tech but also learn something about business from his pal, he'd still be with Apple and could enjoy the fame that he's so desperately trying to get.

This is what annoys me about this dude; trying to get into the spotlight wherever he can and give "educated opinions" about how Apple works, what products they should release next and how they should have done the just released product better. - Nobody cares! He missed the boat, yet he still tries to be part of it all. It's pathetic.

I believe he left apple voluntarily and has frequently stated that he has no interest in running a business. He is still a millionaire and is well known in the tech community.

He will never achieve Jobs' cult status but he is far from pathetic.

His opinions are just as valid as anyone's, it's up to the reader how much weight they are given. He did at least work at Apple for a time, knew Jobs personally and has been part of major engineering projects for Apple, HP and Atari. He is experienced in his field.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.