still hoping for feb release for mbp.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jvmxtra, Jan 17, 2011.

1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

So ipad 2 rumors are flying around like crazy and I am assuming ipad 2 is being release sooner than later.(let's say april). I naturally thought mbp is not being released anytime soon based on lack of news -- who can keep the news in such a secrecy in this day and age?

It turns out apple does. I just did a quick scan of macrumors on prior to mbp being launched in april and I didn't see much news. Is this because there is no general interest to mbp(due to price perhaps and typically it's not a mass buying at launch, which of course once again due to price) compare to ipad or iphone? (Perhaps interest in terms of quantity)

This however does give me hope that mbp can still be released in feb. I just wrote this because I am getting worried that lack of news regarding mbp means it's nowhere near the launch time.
    I am still trying to convince myself that it's still being launched in feb.

2. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

:( I know but still..............

3. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I still think it'll be April again. April 5th. The first tues.

4. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

seriously, forget about feb. Verizon iphone is launching in feb. The ipad will be announced with prob some changes to mobile me. The laptop will be updated in the spring. Apple likes to space out their announcements.

5. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

This I do not agreed with. Let's not forget that the ipad was released same month as mbp just last year... Verizon iphone was not even apple centric announcement... I am STILL hanging onto a thread of hope...

6. troop231 macrumors 603

Me too! :) So sick of iDevice rumors.

7. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Me three. I followed the iPod touch 4g rumors feverishly, then got two, minutes after the keynote. And now I'm over it. It's all about the Mac now.

8. JustCreepin' macrumors newbie

Keep hanging on! I know I am :D!! I'm in the market for new MBP and am hopeful to see a February release.

You mentioned about the "leaks" concerning the iPad 2 and the lack of news concerning notebooks - but consider the sources...almost all of the smaller iDevices need specialized covers/cases/accessories, so all the "leaks" we're seeing are coming from the accessory manufacturing sector.

Notebook sizes have standardized significantly - while some people advertise "special" Macbook cases, the reality is that any case/bag that fits a 15.4" or 13.3" or whatever size laptop will fit the Macbooks, as well. There is NO news to leak, on that front...and whatever specialized accessories the Macbook may need (Display-port adaptor?), Apple will initially stock and the rest of the field comes up with later (which we all expect).

Keep the dream alive, Brother (or Sister :) )!!

9. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

WELL said!!!

So mbp in feb then ? :D

10. aCondor macrumors 6502

Well, if Steve Jobs reads this thread while he's in the hospital I'm sure he'll speed up the process.

11. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Apple hasn't updated it yet because they probably feel that the current lineup of MBP's are strong where they are at the moment. That doesn't mean they aren't working on one though. Personally, I don't think its coming out until Summer (when Lion is suppose to release too). Then they can just throw out a massive update all at once. New MBP + New OS.

13. benwizkid macrumors member

benwizkid

In my opinion the current lineup of MBP's is far from strong. Core2duo in the 13" I mean come on!

14. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Apple loves to stay in media circle before stocks go on vacation.
    It is very possible that apple want to make big announcement of new mbp + new osx.
    It is also feasible that they want to make one mbp announcement and follow up w/ new osx few month down the road to make more frequent announcement and also to re-stir the interest for mbp(old is new again).

15. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

YES, 13 mbp is LONG overdue for cpu make over along w/ other things.

16. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

where did you hear he was in the hospital?

IMO ... refresh is still min 3 months away

17. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

That's just the name! Core 2 Duo is still good.

18. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Same here, there probably ARE things about Macs that are of interest but no one is bothering to spill the beans :(

19. Todzilla macrumors newbie

Apple handles the Macbook Pro line a bit differently than they do the iDevices. For starters, the ability of Apple to sell a bazillion iDevices is built upon the hype, the announcement, the sizzle. Macbook Pro's aren't sold on sizzle. This is the steak of the Apple brand.

The biggest difference is if you see an iMac, one may call it cute. If you see a Macbook Pro or Mac Pro, they'll call them powerful.

The rumor mill is a lot slower for these devices, because they do not appeal to the same size market that an iPad or iPhone does.

The new Macbook Pro may be released in February. It may be released tomorrow. Apple historically doesn't telegraph refresh dates like they do on the other device lines. But then again, I am so glad they don't. I don't want 2 years of rumors like we suffered through with the Verizon iPhone. **** that...

I am taking my tax refund, buying Apple giftcard, maybe a CD as someone else suggested, and sitting on it. And the day the new MBP is released, you will probably see my picture up on the board.

I will be the guy passed out on a stretcher, clutching my MBP with a grin so big they will need the Jaws of Life to reattach it to my body. Yes, I can't wait either, but no one has a clue when it will be released.

20. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I thought he was just having a break? :eek:

21. JustCreepin' macrumors newbie

MBP's soon, so people drop $$$...Updated OS, several months later, so the same people drop MORE $$$ - that's the Apple way! I expect it and will pay the price (not happily, though). As much as I want a new MBP, I know Apple nickel-and-dimes the customer.

22. PAPO macrumors 6502

imo the new MBP's will be March at the absolute latest but my prediction would be mid to late Feb, with SB being available around about now, and if you look at the graph on the buyers guide page it's a little over due (and the 13" is desperate for an update)

from the graph you could have expected new MBP's before the end of 2010, but Apple was never going to release ANYTHING that close to the end of the year and for most of Jan everyone is still settling into the new year so anything before about the 26th of Jan is almost impossible

anyway I'm desperately hoping for as soon as possible 'cause I've been looking forward to SB since like, 2006 :p and my current MBP got a bit unstable when I tried repairing permissions after steam wouldn't let me play a game trailer, it's settled after the last few OSX updates but I still can't install Pro Tools :(

23. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

I’d love to see a new line of MBP’s in Feb. I just bought a15” i5 last week at Best Buy, but part of being a “Silver Reward Zone Member” is that I have 45 days to return it with no questions asked. If, in that time, they release a new line of MBP’s you can bet I’ll take it back and get a new model.

24. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

I don't know why you think Apple will wait to refresh at Lion's launch seeing as how they've never done a refresh and OS launch at the same time.

I think anyone expecting or hoping for a February launch will be disappointed. Dual core SB won't be out until February 20th and there's only one Tuesday in February after that date. Expect March at the earliest and hopefully April at the latest.