Still new beta tomorrow with Dev Center down?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by pmontanarella, Jul 21, 2013.

?

Is it coming tomorrow (July 22nd)?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2013.
  1. Yes

116 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. No

188 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

Hi all,

The dev center has been down for almost 72 hours now and I was thinking that maybe because of this issue we won't see beta 4 until later, not tomorrow as many expected?

Any thoughts?

Pietro

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

No one knows when beta 4 is coming out.

The dev center is a web site - it can be back up whenever Apple wants it back up.

3. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

we still have over 24 hours budd, I'm sure we'll see it

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Why make a poll when nobody knows! Do you think if enough people guess "yes" it will magically appear?

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

Clearly, people who start threads like this believe it will.

6. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

As the name of the site suggests, the OP is simply asking for your opinion on the rumour regarding a possible release on 22/7, and whether or not you have any thoughts about the maintenance break possibly affecting this rumoured release.

Personally, I think that it all depends on the maintenance. Although they might release beta 4 OTA first, they'll probably want to release the .ipsw files concurrently on the dev site. Therefore, if the site is still undergoing maintenance, it might just be a couple of days delayed.

7. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

He created a poll to collect opinions on a rumour? (it is not a rumour actually - more like possibility based on prior patterns of beta releases. Well, it either is released tomorrow or there will be a 3 week gap until beta 4. Either way, I don't think a poll is really necessary. It will arrive when it arrives. Starting a new thread based on the above is, in my opinion, OTT!

8. whiteshadoww macrumors 6502

whiteshadoww

Why be a buzz kill? Do you always take things so seriously? He just wants to know who thinks Beta 4 will arrive tomorrow. We know that Apple will not release based on this poll; it's just fun. Lighten up.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Aside from the dev portal being down for a while and perhaps not being up tomorrow still, we still don't know when the next beta will be coming. So we would essentially not only guessing about one thing but about two things we basically have no information about, making any and all of our guesses even more meaningless.

10. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

My 100% knowledge-free guess is that it will come out next Monday, July 29, regardless of the status of the dev center.

11. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the RESPECTFUL answer. What is gained by attacking someone's post other than being a bully and making yourself feel better?

"If you don't have anything nice to say.." You know the rest.

:eek:

12. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

We have exactly 24hrs and 38mins until the rumored release date & hour of B4.
    Nobody knows, we'll see tomorrow :)

13. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

The site is called MacRumors, obviously this site is not for you so go find one somewhere else that is. :)

14. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

what the hell is going on with the dev center anyway?

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Rumors are still not random guesses from random people.

----------

No one seems to know for sure.

16. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

Why are we voting yes or no on something we don't know about?

17. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I find it quite unaccettable not getting updates on what's happening. Even a fake justification would be fine.

18. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yes, but polls have different purposes. This poll would be just to gather the uninformed guesses of forum users. Perhaps only for fun and nothing more. No need to complain about it...just don't participate if it bothers you so much.

I'm looking at the fact that we had specific rumors on the last 2 beta releases pointing out their dates but nothing for beta 4 so far. This makes me GUESS that we may not see beta 4 tomorrow. However, I hope I'm wrong.

19. batting1000, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013

batting1000 macrumors 604

Seriously, you're no fun. Every thread I've seen you post in, you're telling people to stop talking about rumored beta release dates because no one really knows when they're coming out. People are allowed to speculate. We don't need you chiming in on every thread telling people they can't do so. I personally appreciate the speculation (within reason) because I can see what others think about release dates and such.

20. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

I can imagine Master Yoda saying a "yes" to whether or not beta 4 will be released tomorrow. It would be great if it will be, but I guess those who aren't having major problems with beta 3 (like myself) wouldn't be all disappointed if it didn't. Most likely just more stability in the next beta, I guess. I'm quite contented with the design and features in beta 3. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

21. musukosan macrumors regular

Who the heck cares if he started a poll? If you don't think there should be a poll, then don't participate. If you think the thread is stupid, then don't read it or post in it! Making a post saying that the thread is a waste of space and time is also a waste of space and time.

Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean you have to share it.

22. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Yes. This.

23. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

24. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I mostly agree with this but I would really like to have my Messages notifications back when I'm in another app.

25. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

I'm saying next week and my guess has nothing to do with the dev center.