Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
How many of you are still rocking the S0 Apple Watch? I got mine on launch day, and after wearing it every day since, it's still going strong. I'm a technology teacher, so I'm constantly working with my hands in computer cases, with tools, etc, so it's getting pretty beat up at this point but it still does everything I need. There's a big gouge in the glass, a ton of little scratches around the edges of the glass, and the aluminum has been worn smooth and shiny. Beyond being a watch, my most common uses of the watch are for communication (texting), weather, and timers. How many of you lot are still rocking the S0, and what do you use it for?

Reactions: MrUNIMOG

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
My S0 is now my sleep tracker. I just swap my S3SS for my S0SS before going to sleep. The one thing i wont miss is the incredibly slow Siri response times. I recently invested in a bunch of home kit enabled smart lighting and it's painfully slow to control the lighting with the S0.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Recently sold my S0 and used that money towards an S2.

I’ve heard replacing the battery on an S0 restores it back to 15ish hours battery life but I think the newer battery plus processor makes an even bigger difference with the s2. Getting almost 2 full days on a single charge on my S2.

There are deals on Craigslist for s2’s. I suggest selling the S0 and getting at least an s2
[doublepost=1516139280][/doublepost]Recently sold my S0 and used that money towards an S2.

I’ve heard replacing the battery on an S0 restores it back to 15ish hours battery life but I think the newer battery plus processor makes an even bigger difference with the s2. Getting almost 2 full days on a single charge on my S2.

There are deals on Craigslist for s2’s. I suggest selling the S0 and getting at least an s2

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
I'm still wearing an S0. I use it for notifications, texting, weather, work outs, apple pay, but its so slow with apps, not much beyond those few items. I used an S3 in the Apple Store this weekend, and man the thing is fast.

For those who sold your S0, where do you do this at, and how much did you get? Mine is in pretty good condition.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I'm still wearing an S0. I use it for notifications, texting, weather, work outs, apple pay, but its so slow with apps, not much beyond those few items. I used an S3 in the Apple Store this weekend, and man the thing is fast.

For those who sold your S0, where do you do this at, and how much did you get? Mine is in pretty good condition.

Sold mine on the nextdoor app.

Mine was scratched up and barely got 11 hours of battery life. Sold for $100.

Reactions: JJayguy23

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 603
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra (not really)
eBay also usually fetches a good price on your Apple products. the 10% sales fee they charge these days is a bit rough though.

I still use the S0, though I got mine just over a year ago. There have been a few times where I've hit the face on something thinking it would be scratched or cracked, but it still looks perfect. My only complaints would be that the button and crown roller stick a little. I would be lying if I said I didn't wish it was faster, but I still use mine everyday for notifications and activity tracking. If this one breaks, I will very likely replace it with a newer model.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2008
still wear my S0 every day...SS SO AW - i cant seem to pull the trigger on the AW3...tried it twice within the past 1.5 months thru verizon Nike Sport SG AW3 returned both times for my trusted SS

love the weight and look of the ss - over the sport SG

ill wait to see what the next AW brings and get the SS again.

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
I am still rocking the original. I will never travel without it. I plan on upgrading to whatever the latest and greatest will be next year. As I always say -- it still works great, why change?

Reactions: eyeseeyou

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I own a few first Gen stainless Watches. All performing exceptionally. I use mine for mainly communication, timers and weather related. I do think Watch OS3 was my favorite WatchOS for the first Gen Watch on how it performed.

Last edited:

karinatwork

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I still have mine, 38mm at that, and for the past three months, the battery life has been awful. I wear it from 7 am to 10 pm, and first I had around 38% battery left, but now it runs out of steam by 6 pm.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I am still rocking the original. I will never travel without it. I plan on upgrading to whatever the latest and greatest will be next year. As I always say -- it still works great, why change?
How’s the battery life? I wanted to keep my S0 but the battery life could barely last my workday

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
I was until today. My launch-day Sport only had one small scratch on the glass but the swollen battery caused the screen to pop-off. Apple replaced it with a Series 1 which I sold to help pay for a used Series 3 LTE. I doubt I’ll use the LTE but I’m looking forward to the speed boost and longer battery life for only $100 net difference.

My wife’s Series 0 got a new battery last year and she’s still happy with it. I think watchOS 5 may finally be the end of the upgrades for Series 0, though.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
Still wearing mine. I don’t have high hopes for watchOS 5 support, though, so I’m planning on a replacement this fall.

RobinInOR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Yup, still using the S0. When I get home from work its still at 65%. Im still on

I only use it for a standard watch, notifications from news sites and messages, my morning wake up alarm and other general alarms.
I use it to give me the weather in the morning before i get dressed for work.
I use the album folder face so it’s always showing me my favorite pictures.
I use it for most of my Apple Pay transactions

I dont use it for exercise tracking or music.

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
How’s the battery life? I wanted to keep my S0 but the battery life could barely last my workday

In my case, it lasts all day. I usually get the 10% warning late at night. It charges very fast, too. Never a problem. In fact, I was surprised how well it has held up.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
In my case, it lasts all day. I usually get the 10% warning late at night. It charges very fast, too. Never a problem. In fact, I was surprised how well it has held up.

Is it running on the latest OS?

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
Wear mine every day. Charge lasts a day, though most days I get the LowBat warning in the evening. Mostly it alerts me that I have a text, or a cal reminder. Exercise is the main use. It tells time almost as good as a watch.

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I'm wearing mine, too, day and night (I recharge in the morning). I have found no reason to shell out for an upgrade, but I'll see what Series 4 brings.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
...still wearing my S0 42mm Space Grey Sports.

It's still going strong - I don't find it slow at all but I guess I haven't experienced the speed of the newer watches to compare it with!

Battery life is still awesome - I put it on at 7am in the morning, and take it off at 6:30pm and it still has around half to three quarters battery life left (with several notifications during the day!)

Mine is still in mint condition - never dropped it, screen has zero marks (put a screen shield on it on day 1) and casing also has zero marks.

Whilst I do like the new watches, don't think I can justify the prices just for a speed increase and 1 or 2 extra features when my S0 is still performing and looking like a brand new watch!
:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: FatalFallacy

raymanster

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
UK
I got my s0 42mm SG in the summer of 2016 and it's still going strong. It has a 1 cm scratch on the face, the Apple logo is wearing off on the back, and the strap has plaster/dust/gunk from when doing building work on my house, but other then that it's still in good condition.

I wear it everyday and use it mainly for notifications (e.g. VIP mail, messages, heartwatch), weather and of course checking the time. The battery still seems fine, I put it on at 6 am, take it off around 8 pm and there is still a lot of charge left.

I've been tempted to upgrade but it does more or less everything I need it to.

Reactions: Dino F
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.