Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What way is your iPhone Configured

• Stock iPhone 2G / 3G / 3GS / iPhone 4

Votes: 217 51.7%
  • JB 2G / 3G / 3GS / iPhone 4

Votes: 203 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xtend

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2009
Stock iP4, jailbroken 3G

the retired device gets jailbroken, so the iP4 next year with the iP5 :D

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Stock...the only reason i jailbroke in the early days was for unlocking but now we've had factory unlocking for a while and have since abandoned the JB community.

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
Stock iPhone 4 16GB. I see no reason to JB unless you want to break the law by downloading apps which are against your service providers T&C such as MyWi, or if you want to download chargeable apps for free.

Guess you don't know about facetime over 3G....
Or unlocking so you can use the phone on another service provider.

JB iP4 32GB Black.

The only reason is because I like using facetime over 3G. It works great.:)

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
They're all like that. The phone needs storage for the OS and other odds and ends to make it work. My 32GB has ~29GB.

Or were you kidding?

Well, I was being partially serious and partially humorous. Even if the phone is advertised of having 16GB of space, you can only access 14GB for personal use. But yeah, I suppose they gotta find a place to stuff that OS and stuff somewhere...

Still love my phone. It's the coolest, awesomest, greatest phone ever built. Ever. :eek:

-C

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
JB 16GB iP4. Only JB for MyWi and SBSettings. I use the MyWi for my wifi only iPad for little things that I just want a bigger screen for. It's not like I'm downloading entire movies over 3G or anything. Sometimes I just want a website on a bigger screen. Hell, my data usage still hasn't gone over 2GB since I've installed it. But I am not letting go of my unlimited data contract. They can pry it from my cold dead hands!! /charlton heston speech.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Stock iP4? What a waste. No tethering, no FaceTime over 3G, no HQ YouTube over 3G, no holding the sleep button to activate the LED flashlight, no DisplayOut? No thank you! I prefer to actually get some use out of my iPhone. ;)

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Jailbroken 32GB iPhone 4 v.4.0.0

f35044ef.jpg

blazinz

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
i was hesitant at first about jbing the 4. Ive done it on my original n 3g... figured the 4 had everything i wanted and needed. Then i broke down and did it anyway.. forgot about all the great features the phone actually has to offer by jbing... bitesms alone was enough for me! But along with facetime over 3g, sbsettings and many many others .even a few themes that make use of the retina display... Further, have noticed no battery drain issues or lag, things we would get with the previous jb's bc the phone can handle it now.

I understand the wanting to keep it stock but this phone has a lot of potential when opened up to it full capabilities.. And I encourage the Devs to keep pushing its limits bc the phone has really opened up!

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Once you jb, you'll never look at stock the same. Come on in! The water's fine.

I've said it numerous times, but if there is ever a day when I can't jailbreak the iPhone, I will move on to a new phone.

Jailbreaking transforms the iPhone from a toy into a machine.

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
jb 32gb 3gs here.. went stock for a while with ios 4 but then i jailbroke again for haptic feedback, unlock, irealsms, infinidock, infinifolder, etc... haha still waiting for the white iphone 4 *sighs*

DanggxAmanda

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Can't live without jb, barely any battery loss in fact it's really close to how it was before jb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.