Stop iOS from auto-connecting to my bluetooth speakers.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by iChrigu, Nov 23, 2016.

1. iChrigu macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

Currently, my iPhone 6 auto-connects to my bluetooth speaker system when I get home and immediately switches the audio output to the speakers which is annoying when I just want to listen to a audio message, watch a short video or even get notifications.

How do I disable auto-pairing a bluetooth device? The iPhone should only connect to the speakers if I change the audio output in the control center or settings to the speakers for listening to some music.

Turning off/on bluetooth is not an option because it would disconnect my Apple Watch every time.

Hopefully you have a solution for me? It sounds so simple and im quite experienced with iOS but I'm probably just too stupid to find an option for this.

Thanks a lot!
    Christian

2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

It's up to the device to automatically connect to your phone. Your speaker system is probably constantly looking for the phone and when it shows up, it pairs.

Check if there's a way to disable automatic pairing on the *speaker side*.

3. Paco II macrumors 65816

If the speakers are always on, and they are paired with your phone, I don't think there is a way to prevent them from connecting when they come within range of each other. And when the phone connects to a BT device, it will automatically transfer audio to it (assuming it's a speaker). It's kind of how BT is supposed to work I think.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

My old BB, if IIRC, had an BT option to stop automatic bluetooth connections. That would be a great iphone feature, instead of "forgetting this device" to stop automatic connections.